Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Applying to TUCK

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Harvard, NYU Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Applying to TUCK [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2005, 19:57
Hi Scott,
I am planning to apply to TUCK for MBA2006 session.As you know TUCK has 4 rounds so i wanted to ask is it advisible to apply in third round i.e Jan 12 round?As compared to Harvard and other B-schools that have only 3 rounds, chances of applying in third round and getting admitted are quite less.Does the same apply to Tuck also ?

regards
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 48

[#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2005, 12:02
Expert's post
I think it's reasonable to view Tuck's 3rd round as most other schools' 2nd rounds. I don't know Tuck's distribution of applications (i.e., the number of apps that they receive in each round), but I suspect that they get the bulk of their apps around the same time (the Jan. deadline) as most other schools. So, you should be okay if you apply in the 3rd round.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2006, 11:04
Hi Scott,
While applying to B-schools, there are usually two types of main essay questions. One, your long term and short-term goal, why an MBA and why us? Secondly, describe a situation where you faced a crisis, how you overcame and what you learnt?

I opened a s/w company of my own during my under-graduation and due to some reasons it got closed down. To restart my business venture is my long term goal and i need MBA to learn Entrepreneur qualities. But, closing of my venture was the biggest failure of my life so in both the essays i should mention about the starting and closing of my company or i should use different examples in both the essays?

regards
Expert Post

[#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2006, 12:14
Expert's post
I would use different examples if possible. From what I can tell, I think the story abour your startup is more relevant to the "Why MBA?" question, since it ties directly into your long-term goals. Hopefully there's something else that you can use for the other essay question.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2006, 11:35
Hi Scott,
I wanted to ask that while writing essays is it advisable to start or end an essay with a quote.I mean using some two or three line quotes in an essay,especially regarding your long term and short term career goal essays?

regards
Expert Post

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2006, 14:02
Expert's post
This is fine, although be careful to make sure that the quote is actually relevant to what you're saying in your essay. Many applicants who use quotes make the mistake of using something that sounds smart or profound, while it actually doesn't do anything to answer the question or help adcomms know who the applicant is.

My preference is for an applicant to always use his/her own words over someone else's words, but as long as the quote helps do those things mentioned above, you can use it.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep Reviews