Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

April 23, 660 (Q 49, V 31)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

April 23, 660 (Q 49, V 31) [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2008, 20:29
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my gmat experience.

I was aiming for 700+ , but got a 660.

The Quant score was a little higher than what I expected, but the verbal score was way lower than what I expected.

I have done both the OG 11 (yellow book) and OG 11 verbal, and got 2 or less wrong for every 10 CR, and also 2 or less wrong for every 10 SC.

I thought i was well prepared for SC and CR, but I did not take time to review RC, because i thought its more of something where if I focus enough, I would do okay on.

I want to ask for some opinions on whether I should retake the gmat soon.
1. How soon can i retake the gmat again? (is it 3 weeks after your test date?)
2. I graduated from UC Davis last month with Economics major, currently applying for a job in financial services and investment banking.

Although the GMAt is mainly for applying to MBA programs, and helps a little when you put a good score on resumes when you apply for jobs, should I still retake early?

I am confident that I can score above 660. Meanwhile, I will continue to practive my verbal gmat skills while looking for a job.

All suggestions are welcome, thanks for reading my post.

Jerry
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: April 23, 660 (Q 49, V 31) [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2008, 07:54
iZaku wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my gmat experience.

I was aiming for 700+ , but got a 660.

The Quant score was a little higher than what I expected, but the verbal score was way lower than what I expected.

I have done both the OG 11 (yellow book) and OG 11 verbal, and got 2 or less wrong for every 10 CR, and also 2 or less wrong for every 10 SC.

I thought i was well prepared for SC and CR, but I did not take time to review RC, because i thought its more of something where if I focus enough, I would do okay on.

I want to ask for some opinions on whether I should retake the gmat soon.
1. How soon can i retake the gmat again? (is it 3 weeks after your test date?)
2. I graduated from UC Davis last month with Economics major, currently applying for a job in financial services and investment banking.

Although the GMAt is mainly for applying to MBA programs, and helps a little when you put a good score on resumes when you apply for jobs, should I still retake early?

I am confident that I can score above 660. Meanwhile, I will continue to practive my verbal gmat skills while looking for a job.

All suggestions are welcome, thanks for reading my post.

Jerry

I believe its 1 month after your test date. I would recommend retaking it soon and getting it out of the way while the material is still fresh in your head. You don't want to step back into this in 2 years and have to start from scratch.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Re: April 23, 660 (Q 49, V 31)   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2008, 07:54