Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are 3 weeks enough to write Haas EWMBA essays?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 40

Are 3 weeks enough to write Haas EWMBA essays? [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 14:02
My current plan for my GMAT and Round 1 application (Nov 20th deadline) leaves me only 3 weeks between finishing my GMAT and finishing my essays to apply in Round 1. My preference is to definitely get everything done on time and apply in Round 1.

Question: Are three weeks enough to write essays to the Haas EWMBA program? Is there any advantage to applying in Round 1 vs Round 2?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 3

Re: Are 3 weeks enough to write Haas EWMBA essays? [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 23:59
This post received
KUDOS
3 weeks of devoted efforts are enough, though you may start penning down your essay thoughts and structures even earlier. 1st part that you have to address is the content, i.e. the goals and achievements. Once that detailing is done in a readable Situation-Action-Result format then writing up essays is not far. It's 80% thinking and 20% writing I believe.

saintforlife wrote:
My current plan for my GMAT and Round 1 application (Nov 20th deadline) leaves me only 3 weeks between finishing my GMAT and finishing my essays to apply in Round 1. My preference is to definitely get everything done on time and apply in Round 1.

Question: Are three weeks enough to write essays to the Haas EWMBA program? Is there any advantage to applying in Round 1 vs Round 2?

Team Ivyctor

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 135 [1] , given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Are 3 weeks enough to write Haas EWMBA essays? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 08:22
This post received
KUDOS
I agree that three weeks should be enough, but you know best your own writing process and workload and also where you're at now in terms of brainstorming ideas.

In terms of your other question, there's always an advantage to applying early, but as everyone says, you should apply in the round where you will have your best application prepared.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Are 3 weeks enough to write Haas EWMBA essays? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2013, 07:35
Don't kill yourself to get in round 1 if your application isn't 100% ready. Haas traditionally admits very few people in R1 and defers most of them to R2. So, you're not gaining much by submitting early.
Re: Are 3 weeks enough to write Haas EWMBA essays?   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2013, 07:35