Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 22:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2008, 13:15
I posted this in the other forum, but this is a more appropriate place for it:

My GMATPrep Scores are ranging between 46-48, but I am getting THROTTLED by the GMATClub Quant Challenges. I'm commonly getting between 23-25 correct answers out of 36-37 possible. In my last three weeks before the exam, should I focus more on the OG and Quant Review rather than the Quant challenges? Or should I study the problems I'm getting wrong on the challenges and learn those topics in greater detail?

When I do the GMATPreps, or the OG problems, I feel like the questions are much easier. But, as mentioned above, I am still missing about 8-12 on the GMATPrep quant sections.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 07:36
OG. Real test questions are the most effective way to study.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2008, 18:11
Maple wrote:
OG. Real test questions are the most effective way to study.

Glad to hear that. I've definitely gotten some value out of the gmat club challenges, but in the end, not as much as I had hoped. I take the test on May 5th, and I've mostly been in the 25 correct area on the gmat club tests. I find them to be discouraging and the explanations inadequate. Meanwhile, I do quite well the OG.

Meddling Kid, I took the GMAT back in January, and my biggest regret was not taking enough CATs in the couple days before the test. When you sit down to take the real deal, you want to be really comfortable with the pacing it is going to require. I actually got thrown off by running out of time on the last essay, which froze me for the beginning of quant.

I also got a lot of "how to express the equation in a different way" questions, and at the end of the day realized "before I can get to the hard questions that I've learned how to do, I've got to get through the fundamentals first." Now I feel like I've got algebra and quadratics down a lot better, and think the OG questions are going to be the best material to keep it all together in my last week.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 08:15
Don't get me wrong. I am not knocking the challenges.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 12:08
Maple wrote:
Don't get me wrong. I am not knocking the challenges.

So would you say using the OG and Quant supplement are sufficient to expose myself to the toughest questions I can expect to see on the actual GMAT exam?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 12:46
I pulled a near perfect quant score with OG10. OG11 has harder quant question. So yes, you can bust it.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 12:55
Maple wrote:
I pulled a near perfect quant score with OG10. OG11 has harder quant question. So yes, you can bust it.

So you didn't use the GMATClub Quant tests at all?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 13:21
MeddlingKid wrote:

That's correct. If I remember correctly, the challenges were either newly available or not available at the time.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 13:40
Maple wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:

That's correct. If I remember correctly, the challenges were either newly available or not available at the time.

Nicely done.
Re: Are GMAT Challenges appropriate for me?   [#permalink] 30 Apr 2008, 13:40