Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 19:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are math questions getting harder on GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

Are math questions getting harder on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 01:23
Hello guys

I recently got a 560 in the GMAT (Q43/V25).
I was scoring about 46 on GMATPrep and scoring a percentile of 60% on GMATClub's tests (the same percentile as some people here having the Q score from 45 to 48 on actual GMAT).

But I scored 43 :cry:

I noticed that some questions were way more difficult than I experienced on other prep tests (such as Kaplan and GMATPrep).

Have someone experienced the same with the actual GMAT recently?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Are math questions getting harder on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 13:09
i took the gmat in the summer and i experienced the exact same thing. i had been doing much better on all my practice tests. plus i was seeing questions with topics that had nothing to do with any of the study material. i think gmat is getting harder
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: Are math questions getting harder on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2009, 10:54
This might answer your question.

Retrieved from the November 24, 2009 post on Manhattan GMAT blog

"For the first time, non-U.S. citizens (135,105) outnumbered U.S. test-takers (130,508). This is likely because of the increasing adoption of the GMAT by international business schools, which are themselves increasing in number. If historical trends continue, this may continue to skew the GMAT’s math curve up (a subset of international applicants tends to be very good at math) and the verbal curve down (a subset of international applicants tends to be poor at verbal)."
Re: Are math questions getting harder on GMAT?   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2009, 10:54