Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Are MBA programs outside the top 50 "worthwhile"? [#permalink]
25 Sep 2007, 16:38
I'm brand new to the forums here and didn't see a post similar to this so I just wanted to get some feedback from the community (I hope I don't get flamed)...
As I don't have the statistics to get into a top program, I'm considering MBA programs outside the top 50 (William and Mary, Va Tech, American)... What is the consensus on programs of these caliber... would it be a substantial benefit for getting a job? Is it worth the investment? It is really top 10 or bust? any thoughts are appreciated... thanks
As with most questions in life, the answer is: it depends.
Some questions that may help you think about the decision
- Are an international trying to work in the US via an MBA or are you a US citizen trying to move ahead in your career?
- Would you be paying full price or are you likely to get a scholarship or employer sponsorship?
- In what region do you plan to work after graduation?
- In what industry do you plan to work after graduation?
- What expectations do you have on an MBA in terms of: post graduation distribution of salaries, access to certain types of jobs, probability of landing a job 3 months from graduation?
- What do you expect your experience during the MBA to be in terms of: class size, diversity of backgrounds, access to speakers and conferences, networking possibilities, etc.?
Check out this awesome article about Anderson on Poets Quants, http://poetsandquants.com/2015/01/02/uclas-anderson-school-morphs-into-a-friendly-tech-hub/ . Anderson is a great place! Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I...