Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are Online or Classroom Prep classes worth the investment?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Are Online or Classroom Prep classes worth the investment? [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2005, 14:27
I pose a question to those who have taken the prep classes, are classroom or online classes worth the time and money investment. If so which ones do you recommend?

I imagine that your answer depends on the situation. How did it work or didn't it work in your case. In my case, I am diligent and I will go through the Official Guide, Kaplan 800, the PR and Power Prep, but I am not sure if that is enough?

When I took the GRE, I also used several books to study, but did not perform as well as I thought I could. Some outsiders have suggested that I should take a prep class, but I don't know if the time and the money will really help improve my score. I have never taken an on-line or class room prep class so I am not sure what to expect or how to gauge the usefulness.

Thanks,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are Online or Classroom Prep classes worth the investmen [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2005, 18:55
Hi there,

Neither did I do any prep course. But I visited Kaplan to take their free full test and realized how bad it could be. Even the little idea I had towards joining a class vanished.
Good thing is that you may be able to connect with similar people and form groups. I would say, join a course if
1) you do not have the determintation to sit and read for hours together 2) or if you severly need someone to explain how a maths problem is solved or how a verbal question can be approached
If you do not have these problems, I would advise self study. Have a self script to motivate you everyday and practice asmuch as possible.
Alternatively, you can also try using some websites which offer online tests for money. (8 tests for $40 - I forgot the name).

Regards,
hardworker

mjcalla wrote:
I pose a question to those who have taken the prep classes, are classroom or online classes worth the time and money investment. If so which ones do you recommend?

I imagine that your answer depends on the situation. How did it work or didn't it work in your case. In my case, I am diligent and I will go through the Official Guide, Kaplan 800, the PR and Power Prep, but I am not sure if that is enough?

When I took the GRE, I also used several books to study, but did not perform as well as I thought I could. Some outsiders have suggested that I should take a prep class, but I don't know if the time and the money will really help improve my score. I have never taken an on-line or class room prep class so I am not sure what to expect or how to gauge the usefulness.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Are Online or Classroom prep classes worth the time & mo [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2005, 19:29
Thanks for the response. I was thinking of doing a light version of a class either powerscore or testmasters weekend course. Any opinion on these classes or weekend classes?
Are Online or Classroom prep classes worth the time & mo   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2005, 19:29