Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 02:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are PP Quantitative Questions Far Too Easy?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Are PP Quantitative Questions Far Too Easy? [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2006, 11:09
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, therefore I'm not sure if this has been discussed already.

After having read reviews of the OG and the PowerPrep software, I've noticed that some feel that the quantitative questions asked in the PowerPrep are far easier than those which one would find while taking the actual GMAT.

I went through the final third of the PS and DS questions in the OG and have noticed that these questions were of the most difficulty when compared to the first two-thirds of each respective section.

My first question is: [b]Is the level of difficulty found in the GMAT to be far greater than even the most difficult questions in the OG?[/b]

[b]I also noticed that throughout the quantitative section on the PP, the beginning and end were easy relative to the middle. Is this the same on the GMAT -- easier, more difficult, easier?[/b] I had expected the end to be more difficult than the middle, but I found that this was not the case.

Final question: I scored no less than a 47 on both PP quantitative sections (I forget what score exactly, only remembering my overall score), making a couple of careless mistakes, but feeling overall very familiar with the subject matter. [b]Barring the unforeseeable, can I reasonably attain this score, or was I simply faced with PP questions that were not challenging enough?[/b]

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2006, 23:48
In my opinion real GMAT questions are no more difficult than in preparation material. One may feel they are more difficult because of stress or whatever...

For example, i got the real GMAT score above all the scores i got in preparation tests.... I didn't really feel that those questions are a suprise to me. In other words they did not shock me at all... I mean, if the guys publish the preparation tests for GMAT the questions must reflect the real thing :)

I wouldn't call the first questions in GMAT difficult but rather tricky... As you may probably know the difficulty of questions in GMAT depend on you performance during the test... So there are no rules here....

If you got 47 on preparation test, you can expect similar scores in real GMAT.

So i believe you are really well prepared for the GMAT.
  [#permalink] 09 Feb 2006, 23:48