Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are scores sent to schools if test is cancelled?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Are scores sent to schools if test is cancelled? [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2004, 10:01
Hi Linda,

I am seriously considering a re-take of an earlier 710, as I am confident I can improve this score (especially the low quant of 80%). However, if I run out of time on the test or otherwise decide not to score it, would the schools I designate still receive my score report (and thus my earlier 710)?

I have refined my short list since my first test, and several of my wave one schools did not receive that score report. If I cancel my score following my upcoming re-take, does that still trigger a complete score report to be sent, or will I then need to go online and send through mba.com?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2004, 13:47
Hi Linda, perhaps this was a preminission, but I did cancel this test. I was trying too hard to improve the weak quant 80% that I got with my initial 710. What is the impact of not scoring this test? Does this send a negative signal, or does taking it again send a postitive signal (i.e. trying to improve an already decent 710)? Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2004, 18:48
Hi,

Perhaps I am missing your point, but considering the fact that so many elite schools use only your highest score, I have trouble seeing the utility of nullifying the score.

Hjort
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2004, 20:21
Thanks for the reply. However, as Linda said, they'll SEE all scores. So for me, the mission was simple, improve the quant. In the quest for perfection, I don't feel that I did. Therefore, why score it and show a potentially lower score. If the benefit wasn't there, why pose any risk to an already solid score.

My concern now is on signaling. Obviously, I am competitive and want to do better. But, did not scoring it hurt in any way?

Thanks.
CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2004, 20:32
Hi,

I usually apply the rule of reason in these cases- once is probably OK but I would not make a habit of cancelling scores.

Hjort
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are scores sent to schools if test is cancelled? [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2004, 16:55
Expert's post
MBACandidate2007 wrote:
Hi Linda,

I am seriously considering a re-take of an earlier 710, as I am confident I can improve this score (especially the low quant of 80%). However, if I run out of time on the test or otherwise decide not to score it, would the schools I designate still receive my score report (and thus my earlier 710)?

I have refined my short list since my first test, and several of my wave one schools did not receive that score report. If I cancel my score following my upcoming re-take, does that still trigger a complete score report to be sent, or will I then need to go online and send through mba.com?

Thanks.

I don't know if they see a cancelled score or not. Sorry. So I can't advise you. You contact GMAC and ask them.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

CEO
CEO

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2004, 06:45
Please see below.

GMAC:

"If You Cancel Your Scores

They cannot be reinstated.

You will not receive a refund for the test.

A score cancellation notice will be sent to you and the schools you selected as score recipients.

The score cancellation will remain a part of your permanent record and will be reported on all future score reports."