Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 13:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are the GMAT Prep courses really improve my score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Are the GMAT Prep courses really improve my score? [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 22:08
Hi All,

I took GMAT exam couple of days ago and scored a miserable 530 (42, 20). I always thought I will score better in Verbal and also I have never scored 42 or even close to it in mock tests. Here are some of the test I did before the actual test.

GMAT Prep1 (GMAC software) 520 (33,28)
Manhattan 520 (26,35)
Knewton 550 (33,33)
Princton 510 (33,28)
GMAT Prep2 (GMAC software) 540 (39,25)

With these awful result and have only a month to send my GMAT result to school, how can I improve my score to 600 or better since the school asked me for a GMAT score of 600 or better.

Does prep courses such as the one running at Ryerson University (25 hours prep.) helpful toward my situation?
I really appreciate it if anyone can help me here.

With all the stories of 700+ guys, I am pretty embarrassed to even post my marks here.
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Are the GMAT Prep courses really improve my score? [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2011, 07:49
Not everyone is going to score a 700+ on the GMAT however GMAT prep courses can be helpful and have been shown to help improve scores. The efficacy of the course depends upon the quality of instructors and the amount of time you dedicate to it. It sounds like you could benefit from some type of structured preparation.

Scottie
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Save 10% on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.