Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are the OG Quant questions difficult enough?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Are the OG Quant questions difficult enough? [#permalink] New post 15 May 2011, 09:57
I've taken a few MGMAT CATs and have steadily increased my Q score from 43 to 48 (I'm aiming for 50). I started working in the OG 12th ed. book today, solving the last 30 questions in PS (200-230) since I wanted to practice the toughest questions. I found them much easier than what I saw on the CATs, getting all 30 correct, only slightly struggling with 2 of them, and averaging about 1.5 minutes per question. I found most of them easier than the 600-700 level questions on the MGMAT CATs.

Are these last 30 questions actually representative of what the tough questions are like on the actual test? Given that on the MGMAT CATs I'm getting roughly 50% of the 700-800 level questions wrong and even 20% of the 600-700 level questions wrong, I'm a little skeptical of the OG questions.

If they're not representative of what the 700+ type questions are like, what are other resources I can use?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 461 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2011, 19:56
Hi, you can check this link

og-12th-last-questions-difficulty-107675.html

In comparison to Quantiative review, OG Quantiative section is tougher but yes, in comparison to MGMAT, OG Q section is much easier. Reason is mainly because of difficulty level. MGMAT has a large pool of 700 + level questions, while the last 40-50 questions of OG are of the difficulty level of 670-690.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Are the OG Quant questions difficult enough? [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 06:15
Thanks Hussain. That thread and the excel file in the referenced thread were helpful.
Re: Are the OG Quant questions difficult enough?   [#permalink] 16 May 2011, 06:15