Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree that the GMAT quant could be more difficult than the OG but we have to put things into perspective. I agree that even at the 48 or less Q score you could find the OG PS section easier than the actual exam. However, the last 60 DS question is what I am referring to. Did you not find that section very hard? I would tend to say that those questions are of the 46 to 51 difficulty level. The OG could be a good reference check for any person in the low 40s or less.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1472 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Information about all OG questions are in in the spreadsheet attached to the link below. This categorizes all the questions in OG 10 in to three bins easy, medium and hard. The questions in the OG are not in any particular order of difficulty as you can see from this spreadsheet.

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13658

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
i agree on the last 60 DS. I was at around 8/10 before them and on those i'll miss 5 in a row and my hit rate is more like 5-6/10. it is a pretty drastic change. I am no where near a quant guru like most of the guys on this board. im assuming ill get 43-44 with a 46-47 if God is on my side. my success rate in og has been 8-9/10 PS (i have 100 problems left) and 8/10 DS except for the last 60 DS. I also just finished Kaplans GRE/GMAT Math for a 2nd time and was at around 90% on the med & hard questions. now im wondering how hard that book really is. hopefully im in the 44+ range. i guess ill find out soon enough
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
just to update you. i finished OG and although that spreadsheet lists difficulty the last 100 in each section were definitely tougher than the rest of the PS & DS sections. maybe its bc the hard questions appear more in those last 100. who knows.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Are the questions in official guide in order easy to hard? [#permalink]
Kudos
If I decide to create an online session for myself at the website , selecting only Medium and Hard difficulty level questions. Does this map to the difficulty level of the actual GMAT ( 46-51 )?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
jayantk94 wrote:
If I decide to create an online session for myself at the website , selecting only Medium and Hard difficulty level questions. Does this map to the difficulty level of the actual GMAT ( 46-51 )?
Not precisely. The easy/medium/hard categorization is quite broad, and it is best not to try to make it more specific. The GMAT also doesn't measure difficulty on the 6-51 scale. That's just the scaled score that is exposed to the test taker. The internal scale is continuous, not discrete.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT Date: 06-01-2012
GRE 1: Q780 V500
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
I wouldnt miss out the easiest ones too..because you could encounter a topic which you are not familiar with or not good at and the excersise helps you get better at those.
GMAT Club Bot