Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 00:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:06
Are you a true Gclubber?

1) You spend majority of your time procrastinating in GMATClub chatroom during the workday, every week. (20 points)

2) You posted at least 100 posts in the GMAT forum, discussing, replying, and solving verbal/quant questions. (10 points)

3) Your status in the forum is at least "Major Shareholder" (10 points)

4) You have at least 10 GMATclub members in your Facebook or Google Chat friends list (5 points)

5) You can name at least 10 GMATClub member's employer, undergrad institution, city of residence, ethnicity, and their bschool application list from the top of your head. (5 points)

6) My screen name font color is green, blue or red. (10 points)

7) You have been temporarily banned in the forum, or banned in the chat room or kicked out in the chatroom at least once. (15 points)

8) You have been a registered member of this forum since or before 2006. (5 points)

9) You have more than 50 kudos in total (10 points)

10) You know the old screen name that rhyme used before he requested to change it to his current screen name (10 points)

11) When you go to work every morning, your routine is: Turn on your PC, check work email, and then visit GMATClub.com to see what other posted while you were logged off. (10 points)

12) You visit this site so many times a day that you can guarantee you are responsible for 5% of total site traffic every month. (10 points)

13) When you are in a company meeting and somebody has a good idea you actually say "PLUS ONE!" (5 points)

14) You had a fight with your significant other or family member about spending more time on GMATClub.com than with them. (5 points)

15) You have seen it say 1 user in chat, including 0 guest(s) and 1 registered [nink] for hours at a time (5 points)

OR

You had a early morning (2 AM to 5 AM) flirtation with just gcbot and bot in the chatroom without anyone else present.... (also 5 points)

If you add up all the points and score 65 points or higher, you are a true GClubber... :lol:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 31

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:22
Lol. Sadly I answer yes to most of that list :lol:
SVP
SVP

Reviews Badge
Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:23
My results:

1) 20
2) 0
3) 10
4) 5
5) 5
6) 10
7) 0
8) 0
9) 10
10) 10
11) 10
12) 10

Total: 90 points :-D

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:49
Not there yet...but I think I am on pace...
Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 25

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:50
1. 20
2. 10
3. unsure
4. luckily no
5. 5
6. no
7. no
8. no
9. no
10.no
11. yes 10!
12. lol yes 10!

:shock: only 55!
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg '10
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 15

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 17:58
1) 20
2) 10
3) 10
4) 0
5) 5
6) 0
7) 0 unless I can count the one time I was lucky enough to kick GB from the chat.
8) 0
9) 10
10) 0
11) 10 (although technically I check before I get to work too)
12) 0 (only 3%)

65 (or 80 if #7 counts)

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 16

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 18:55
Hmm, I think I have a zero. I think that may be a good thing...

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 210

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 19:57
LOL so true......

nink wrote:

7) You have been temporarily banned in the forum, or banned in the chat room or kicked out in the chatroom at least once. (15 points)

I'd do my calculations if I could still do math .....
Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 16

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 20:12
highhopes wrote:
Hmm, I think I have a zero. I think that may be a good thing...

So I thought I could claim I wasn't a "true" member because I'm doing more productive things with my time, but I just spent an hour watching Rock of Love bus. Maybe it's not a good thing after all.

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2009, 22:10
highhopes wrote:

So I thought I could claim I wasn't a "true" member because I'm doing more productive things with my time, but I just spent an hour watching Rock of Love bus. Maybe it's not a good thing after all.

Same here. At least you didn't watch the show twice, like some others. So you can claim somewhat productive ;).
Current Student
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 05:10
While I don't post that much, I spend a lot of time here and I do appreciate the information/knowledge/entertainment from the "true GClubbers".

I am afraid my boss will catch me on here one day. I quickly cover the gmatclub browser with my email inbox at least 5 times a day.
Director
Director

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 05:20
chitchat wrote:
While I don't post that much, I spend a lot of time here and I do appreciate the information/knowledge/entertainment from the "true GClubbers".

I am afraid my boss will catch me on here one day. I quickly cover the gmatclub browser with my email inbox at least 5 times a day.

Alt+Tab is your friend.

Director
Director

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 06:30
spgny wrote:
Not there yet...but I think I am on pace...

At 3.73 posts per day, you are in good shape! :lol:

2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [2] , given: 29

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 07:31
This post received
KUDOS
Lets make this an even 20......

13) When you are in a company meeting and somebody has a good idea you actually say "PLUS ONE!"

14) When you are having dinner with friends/family you mention "GC" and they have no clue what you are talking about

15) When you are IMing/Facebook chatting with a GMATClubber you still call them by their GC username (even though their true identity has been revealed)

16) At church-synagogue-temple-mosque you spend part of the time worshipping msday

17) Whenever you hear/read those Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer facts you have the urge to replace their names with Praetorian's

18) In the past 6 months your work has spent more money on you using GC than on your actual work

19) You think Business Week:Gmat Club as Canada:USA

20) You have seen it say 1 user in chat, including 0 guest(s) and 1 registered [nink] for hours at a time

"George is getting upset!"

SVP
SVP

Reviews Badge
Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 07:42
Raabend wrote:
13) When you are in a company meeting and somebody has a good idea you actually say "PLUS ONE!"

16) At church-synagogue-temple-mosque you spend part of the time worshipping msday

18) In the past 6 months your work has spent more money on you using GC than on your actual work

20) You have seen it say 1 user in chat, including 0 guest(s) and 1 registered [nink] for hours at a time

LMAO :lol:

Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS(08) - Ding. HBS, Stanford, Kellogg, Tuck, Stern, all dings. Yale - Withdrew App. Emory Executive -- Accepted, Matriculated, Withdrewed (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose). ROSS -- GO BLUE 2011.

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 07:48
Raabend wrote:

14) When you are having dinner with friends/family you mention "GC" and they have no clue what you are talking about

15) When you are IMing/Facebook chatting with a GMATClubber you still call them by their GC username (even though their true identity has been revealed)

17) Whenever you hear/read those Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer facts you have the urge to replace their names with Praetorian's

#21 You add a post or two a day to keep working your way up the job title list, even if it doesn't add much to the discussion.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS(08) - Ding. HBS, Stanford, Kellogg, Tuck, Stern, all dings. Yale - Withdrew App. Emory Executive -- Accepted, Matriculated, Withdrewed (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose). ROSS -- GO BLUE 2011.

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 1

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 07:49
RahlowJenkins wrote:
Raabend wrote:

#21 You add a post or two a day to keep working your way up the job title list, even if it doesn't add much to the discussion.

Good Point Rahlow.
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 08:49
1) 20
2) 0
3) 10
4) 0
5) 5 Not sure about this one. But I can get at least half of that for like 30 people, so I think it counts.
6) 0
7) 15 DAMN MSDAY!!!
8) 0, wasn't even here before I took my gmats
9) 0, don't even have 50 :( I'll be close once I win the March Madness
10) 0
11) 10
12) 10

70... Whoo whoo... Just Barely!

SVP
SVP

Reviews Badge
Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 09:01
#13 to #15 added based on Raabend's suggestion :-D

Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No? [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2009, 09:24
Hilarious raabend/nink. Though I've always viewed BW:GClub as a MySpace:Facebook type of comparison as opposed to Canada/US....
Re: Are You a True GMATClubber? Yes or No?   [#permalink] 23 Mar 2009, 09:24