Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 05:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Arguments for chosing an MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Management consultant
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Arguments for chosing an MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 04:10
Hi All,

Today is my first day. I am glad to be part of the team! I hope to start an MBA in Sept 2012 or Jan 2013. I have 1,5 year work experience in management consulting. I am french but work in Germany. I will try to be sponsored by my company. I already want to think about the valid arguments (MBA-X is number 1 in the FT Rankings is not for me a valid argument) to explain the choice among TOP MBAs.

Here is one of the few arguments I have in mind (that's not an exhaustive list!):
- Average Age: I will be around 26 years old when I do my MBA. I should maybe pick an MBA where the average age is rather low to be with people who have the same career's goals as me (Even if I have the impression that there are no major difference among MBAs: the average age is always around 27)
- City: I love Chicago. Is it enough to explain that I prefer doing an MBA at Booth rather than HBS?
- Career's goal: I want to carry on working in management consulting. Should I take one MBA which is specialized in Consulting (Even if they are all suitable for consulting).

As you can see, my list of argument is really weak... And today I am not able to answer the question: "Why would you go to Booth rather than HBS?"... But I hope that this thread will help me!

Thanks a lot guys!
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 4

Premium Member
Re: Arguments for chosing an MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 06:12
I'm not too familiar with Booth because I didn't apply there, but it seems to be popular for its flexible curriculum and strong quant focus. Plus it's just a good school, period. It has beaten HBS in a few of the major rankings lately. There's nothing wrong with saying you'd rather go to school and work in Chicago rather than Boston, though I wouldn't base my entire justification on that alone.

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/

Re: Arguments for chosing an MBA   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2011, 06:12