Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 02:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Aristotle PS and DS Booster

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 39

GMAT Tests User
Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 04:32
Fellow forumers,

I was just on the Aristotle Prep website today, and I saw that they had in stock their Aristotle Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency Boosters for sale for US$10.00 a piece. I was wondering if anybody has purchased these materials and if they are useful at all or not.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 562

GMAT Tests User
Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 18:32
I would want to know about this too .

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Expert Post
Followers: 265

Kudos [?]: 2237 [0], given: 690

Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 19:05
Expert's post
I have those files.

Are really good, they aren't the top of the class but are really good for practice, considering the price also

The questions are barely 680 level as I saw but considering two things, very important

- 700 level question are only question wrapped more difficult with tricks but are questions that test few concepts in a single question, but are always the same
- even if you miss 700 level questions but you answer all the questions from the level below you can achive an outstanding score.

To make a long story short: if you can purchase it, they are a good material, considering that have also good explanations. I hope you understand what I mean ;)

regards

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension
7. MY VERBAL QUESTION BANK

1 KUDOS received
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 307 [1] , given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 21:35
This post received
KUDOS
If you are really looking for tough problem practice MGMAT Advanced Quant is your best bet.
To use that book you better be the 70th percentile on Quant or above. It's the best advanced Quant book on the market.
However if you are looking for all round practice Aristotle products might be better.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 23:03
AbhiJ wrote:
If you are really looking for tough problem practice MGMAT Advanced Quant is your best bet.
To use that book you better be the 70th percentile on Quant or above. It's the best advanced Quant book on the market.
However if you are looking for all round practice Aristotle products might be better.

Mate,hw much time is needed to assimilate MGMAT Advanced Quant ?

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

1 KUDOS received

Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 23:34
This post received
KUDOS
Sachin9 wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

I would say 20-40 hours depending on where you are already. If you are at Q49 you will need 20 hours. If you are at Q45 then you will need around 40 hours to truly assimilate the information. This is because at Q45 you will have takeaways for almost every problem while at Q49 you will need takeways at around 25% of problems.

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 23:39
AbhiJ wrote:
Sachin9 wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

I would say 20-40 hours depending on where you are already. If you are at Q49 you will need 20 hours. If you are at Q45 then you will need around 40 hours to truly assimilate the information. This is because at Q45 you will have takeaways for almost every problem while at Q49 you will need takeways at around 25% of problems.

ok. I have been solving GC CATs and Qs are amazing.. Which is better: GC or MGMAT Advanced Quant?
I got 41 in GC CAT today. 20 out of 37 correct. What do you say?

1 KUDOS received

Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 00:32
This post received
KUDOS
I would say stick some more with GMATClub tests. Why you missed the questions ? Was it do due to concept error, technique error or silly mistake.If its concept error then revisit strategy guide.If its technique error, identify which step(UNDERSTAND, PLAN, SOLVE) you made the mistake.I think you can work a bit more with GMATClub Tests and Strategy guides. Say around 5 tests. Once you see that you are not making further progress then move to MGMAT Advanced Quant . Ideally you would want to make less than 10 mistakes before moving to MGMAT Advanced Quant. If you have to chose between any one then GMAT Club tests would be my choice. You can review ONLY the Strategy Portion of the MGMAT Advanced Quant(if you are short on time).

Re: Aristotle PS and DS Booster   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2013, 00:32