Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Aristotle Sentence Correction grail book.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Aristotle Sentence Correction grail book. [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 10:36
Hello friends

I just completed Aristotle Sentence correction grail book. I must say it is an awesome book to get command over the basics of English language. I would like to know from experience holders that after completing the book, i found its SC questions very easy. So are they relatively easy compared to the GMAT real questions or are they at same level if not more?

Regards
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 3

Re: Aristotle Sentence Correction grail book. [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 00:48
This post received
KUDOS
priyankjainn wrote:
Hello friends

I just completed Aristotle Sentence correction grail book. I must say it is an awesome book to get command over the basics of English language. I would like to know from experience holders that after completing the book, i found its SC questions very easy. So are they relatively easy compared to the GMAT real questions or are they at same level if not more?

Regards

I agree. SC Grail is a fantastic book. However, the 100 practice questions at the end are of average difficulty level only. I guess they have been provided to help you with the application of the concepts you have learnt in the book. I found their New SC Questionbank which they released a couple of days back more challenging. It has a lot of questions which test you on meaning, so you should try those to get an idea about how you may be tested in higher difficulty level sc questions on the GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Aristotle Sentence Correction grail book. [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 14:42
I think it's pretty good too. I would give the slight edge to the Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction Guide, but you can tell it's very well done. You won't be at a disadvantage by using this book.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Aristotle Sentence Correction grail book. [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2011, 22:59
I agree with the opinions stated above. I think that both the books should be used together. SC Grail has its USP as structured, systematic approach to SC and you'll love going through the book. On the other hand, MGMAT SC Guide has its USP that it has some advanced topics too. So by using both the books, you get the best of both worlds.
Re: Aristotle Sentence Correction grail book.   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2011, 22:59