Hope you can give my profile an evaluate! I'm not applying until 2014, so I'd love to hear about your advice on ways to further strengthening my profile before application date! Background: Asian American Male / 26
1) Brief description of your full-time work experience. What do you do?
Work experience: 1 yr PE, 1 yr non-profit, 2 yrs MBB (in that order, 2 yrs at MBB at matriculation).
GMAT: 740 (Q49 V42 IR 7)
3) College Info
Top 10 University (Business). 3.7 GPA
4) Significant college / post college involvement
- significant leadership position in college
- Co-founder of several still existing non-profit student clubs
- Post Uni: not significant but looking to get into more positions.
5) Important certification: CFA I + II. Expecting to get III before application.
6) Target program: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Columbia, MIT
7) When do you plan to apply? 2014
8) Post MBA goals: Strategy / entrepreneurship
You come from the right school with the right grades in the right industry with the right test scores.
Two things I can think of that might help out:
1. Finish off that CFA (I guess you'll do this anyhow)
2. Make sure you have at least ONE interesting POST-College Volunteer thing.
Other than that, VISIT schools, network, and write some kickass essays.... and you will be FINE,
If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!