Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 22:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask a Program Advisor from Stockholm School of Economics

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Stockholm School of Economics
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Ask a Program Advisor from Stockholm School of Economics [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2012, 01:28
Hi,

I replied to many questions here so now I feel obliged to answer in case you referred to me. The GMAT or GRE score is one of the few criteria on admission and you have to submit it by February 7:

http://www.hhs.se/Education/MSc/MFINA/I ... ssion.aspx

As far as I understand, they do not consider applications until the application period is over.

Juvi

jmoore23 wrote:
I am going to apply for the MSc Finance and Investment Management course starting in 2013. However I am doing the IMC and CFA Level 1 in December, so I won't be able to prepare for the GMAT in time for when applications open on 1 December. I know that you can apply without a GMAT score and take it later, but does this put you at a disadvantage relative to those who have their GMAT scores at the point of application?

Does anyone know what sort of proportion of conditional offers SSE make?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Stockholm School of Economics
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 3

Re: Ask a Program Advisor from Stockholm School of Economics [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2012, 01:50
Hi!

I am not sure why people still write under this post since it was started by a SSE MBA advisor regarding to the MBA program. But since I answered lots of questions here, I got a notification about your question again. I already graduated from SSE and do not live in Sweden any longer (and do not keep up with the latest updates in SSE) so I can try to answer some of your questions my best but I would recommend you to start your own forum question.

(1) If your degree was in Finance, you are sufficient for 90 ECTS in Business (Administration). They will not decline you based on this.

(2) It is unrealistic for anyone to know this kind of information. Please apply and you will find out.

(3) I think it is fine to apply to 2-3 especially if they are related (finance, accounting). But that is my personal opinion.

(4) One motivation letter should be sufficient. Your motivations should not changed that much?

(5) These kind of percentages are never set in stone. It is likely that the number of places available is fixed, so it depends on how many students applied and how strong their applications are compared to yours.

(6) Nothing is guaranteed in life. Try and you will find out.

P.S. To become an auditor in Sweden, you will need to take Swedish law classes (in Swedish). So the language is probably the biggest obstacle for foreign students in order becoming auditors in Sweden. But that should not be a surprise because if you audit Swedish companies, they want you to be able to communicate with clients obviously in Swedish. SSE offers you a highly recognised and respected degree (in Scandinavia and other places), what you do with it is up to you. A SSE degree will open many doors to interviews, you will have to take it from there.

Good luck and stop worrying about percentages.

Juvi

yizhout wrote:
Hi!
I'm currently a junior student, and plan to apply for the master program 2013. My target school is SSE but sadly it's no longer free for students outside EU like me ... So I have some more practical questions here:

(1) Among all the programs offered by SSE, my favorite is Accounting & Financial Mgmt.
However it requires candidates to have "at least 90 ECTS in Business Administration".
My bachelor program is focused on finance, so I may not have sufficient credits in Business Administration.
Will the admission office decline my application because of this?

(2) How large is my possibility to get an SI scholarship? (my GPA: 3.8/4.3; GMAT: 760; TOEFL:111)

(3) Will it OK to apply for several programs of SSE? Will they think that I'm not focused?

(4) If I do apply for several programs of SSE, can I write different statements of purpose for each of the program?
I learn from universityadmissions.se that we're only required to submit one set of documents for all the programs we apply,
so I'm afraid that even if I submit four different statements, the admission center will only scan one of them into the system...

(5) Will everybody enroll in the executive trainee module? If not, what percentage?

(6) If I'm lucky enough to become a certified public auditor (auktoriserad revisor), will it be easy for me to find a job in Sweden?
And what kinds of tests must I take before becoming one? Is it like ACCA in Britain?

Any relevant information is more than welcome! Thank you very much! Tack!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask a Program Advisor from Stockholm School of Economics [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2012, 22:49
juvi999 wrote:
Hi!

I am not sure why people still write under this post since it was started by a SSE MBA advisor regarding to the MBA program. But since I answered lots of questions here, I got a notification about your question again. I already graduated from SSE and do not live in Sweden any longer (and do not keep up with the latest updates in SSE) so I can try to answer some of your questions my best but I would recommend you to start your own forum question.

(1) If your degree was in Finance, you are sufficient for 90 ECTS in Business (Administration). They will not decline you based on this.

(2) It is unrealistic for anyone to know this kind of information. Please apply and you will find out.

(3) I think it is fine to apply to 2-3 especially if they are related (finance, accounting). But that is my personal opinion.

(4) One motivation letter should be sufficient. Your motivations should not changed that much?

(5) These kind of percentages are never set in stone. It is likely that the number of places available is fixed, so it depends on how many students applied and how strong their applications are compared to yours.

(6) Nothing is guaranteed in life. Try and you will find out.

P.S. To become an auditor in Sweden, you will need to take Swedish law classes (in Swedish). So the language is probably the biggest obstacle for foreign students in order becoming auditors in Sweden. But that should not be a surprise because if you audit Swedish companies, they want you to be able to communicate with clients obviously in Swedish. SSE offers you a highly recognised and respected degree (in Scandinavia and other places), what you do with it is up to you. A SSE degree will open many doors to interviews, you will have to take it from there.

Good luck and stop worrying about percentages.

Juvi

yizhout wrote:
Hi!
I'm currently a junior student, and plan to apply for the master program 2013. My target school is SSE but sadly it's no longer free for students outside EU like me ... So I have some more practical questions here:

(1) Among all the programs offered by SSE, my favorite is Accounting & Financial Mgmt.
However it requires candidates to have "at least 90 ECTS in Business Administration".
My bachelor program is focused on finance, so I may not have sufficient credits in Business Administration.
Will the admission office decline my application because of this?

(2) How large is my possibility to get an SI scholarship? (my GPA: 3.8/4.3; GMAT: 760; TOEFL:111)

(3) Will it OK to apply for several programs of SSE? Will they think that I'm not focused?

(4) If I do apply for several programs of SSE, can I write different statements of purpose for each of the program?
I learn from universityadmissions.se that we're only required to submit one set of documents for all the programs we apply,
so I'm afraid that even if I submit four different statements, the admission center will only scan one of them into the system...

(5) Will everybody enroll in the executive trainee module? If not, what percentage?

(6) If I'm lucky enough to become a certified public auditor (auktoriserad revisor), will it be easy for me to find a job in Sweden?
And what kinds of tests must I take before becoming one? Is it like ACCA in Britain?

Any relevant information is more than welcome! Thank you very much! Tack!!!!!!

Hey juvi,

I really appreciate all your information! Tack så mycket!
I understand that it would be more difficult for a foreigner to get a job in Sweden. But I guess now my priority is to do my best and prepare for the application in December. Anyway, thank you very much! :)

Yizhou
Official Business School Representative
Affiliations: Stockholm School of Economics
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Ask a Program Advisor from Stockholm School of Economics [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2013, 06:14
This profile is no longer active, so if you have any questions, please visi the website or kindly contact the program advisors directly:

Helena Bergelv
helena.bergelv@hhs.se
+46 8 586 175 27

Ann-Kristin Bjurström
ann-kristin.bjurstrom@hhs.se
+46 8 586 175 04

Many thanks!

Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) is one of the leading Northern European business schools. It was established in 1909 as a private institution. It is well known for the faculty and research; a number of school members were the Nobel Prize winners and leaders in their fields. Even though it is a private school, it has been tuition free for BSc, MSc and PhD programs. Last year the Swedish parliament passed a law outlining tuition and application fees for students not from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland. And therefore, the school unfortunately is no longer tuition free for those who are come from outside EU/EE.

The MBA Executive Format was ranked by the Financial Times as 1st in the Nordic and Baltic regions in 2009.

Manager
Manager
GPA: 4
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 84

Re: Ask a Program Advisor from Stockholm School of Economics [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2013, 00:28
SSEemba wrote:
I am a representative from the MBA Executive Format at Stockholm School of Economics. I will be glad to answer any questions you might have about the program, admissions, requirements, etc. Feel free to ask me here or via a personal message.

Another good way to learn about our program is to visit us. We will be holding an informational session on May 19. You will have an opportunity to meet the dean of the program, program advisors, alumni and other prospective participants as you. Please let me know if you would like to come and I will send you a link to register.

If you have any questions related to other programs, I can also answer them or find someone who can answer them to you.

I want to explore more about SSE ; whether the form is active ?

Thanks

:-D

Thanks for Posting

LEARN TO ANALYSE

+1 kudos if you like

Re: Ask a Program Advisor from Stockholm School of Economics   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2013, 00:28