Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Ask Columbia GSB Admissions [#permalink]
Hi Matthew,

Had a question on the status of my application similar to a previous one. It says 'Submitted' ever since I had submitted it for ED on 3rd October. Am guessing it means that the AdCom has still to review it? What is the usual timeline for the process? Also, wanted to know if delay is an indication on the perceived strength of the application.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Rahul Rg
Send PM
rahulrg wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Had a question on the status of my application similar to a previous one. It says 'Submitted' ever since I had submitted it for ED on 3rd October. Am guessing it means that the AdCom has still to review it? What is the usual timeline for the process? Also, wanted to know if delay is an indication on the perceived strength of the application.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Rahul Rg

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your question. We have recently updated our review periods and you can expect either a decision or an invitation to interview with six weeks of your submission. You won't see a status update until that next step. You can receive an invite to interview or a decision at any time within those six weeks.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Matt,

I applied RD for CBS and wanted to get your thoughts on leaving a current job for another job while going through the decision process. Specifically I wanted to know if it is frowned upon? whether to disclose it to the school since an application has been submitted? mentioning it in an interview if asked?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!
Send PM
JD231 wrote:
Hi Matt,

I applied RD for CBS and wanted to get your thoughts on leaving a current job for another job while going through the decision process. Specifically I wanted to know if it is frowned upon? whether to disclose it to the school since an application has been submitted? mentioning it in an interview if asked?

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!

Hi JD231,

Thank you for your question. If you plan to leave your position while you are applying to the MBA program please be sure to explain this as you will be at your new company for a short period before starting the MBA program. You want to explain as much as possible about the move.

Best of luck,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi CBS,

I was wondering, given that recruitment happens so quickly after starting on campus, what are the top few categories that recruiters use to decide who to hire?

Thanks!
Send PM
QiuYidio wrote:
Hi CBS,

I was wondering, given that recruitment happens so quickly after starting on campus, what are the top few categories that recruiters use to decide who to hire?

Thanks!

Hi QiuYidio,

Thank you for your question. Recruiting will vary by industry and by company. If you think about recruiting in the context of admissions, applicants should understand what the recruiting process is like for the industry they wish to enter as this will help them prepare for the next steps needed to advance in their careers.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I need advice my chances of getting into Columbia and scope post MBA in healthcare .

My background is:
- I am a doctor with 3 years of clinical experience and 3 years of healthcare corporate experience as consultant.
- GMAT score 660 (Q49; V31), AWA 5, IR 6
- Looking for avenues in General Management, Strategic Management, and Entrepreneurship.

Many Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

I am a university student from Canada and my school uses a 4.33 GPA scale.
My understanding is each school has its own specific scales. I am wondering what is the proper way of converting my GPA to one that is comparable and appropriate for Columbia? Is there a guideline somewhere?

Thank you.
Send PM
njk007 wrote:
Hi,

I need advice my chances of getting into Columbia and scope post MBA in healthcare .

My background is:
- I am a doctor with 3 years of clinical experience and 3 years of healthcare corporate experience as consultant.
- GMAT score 660 (Q49; V31), AWA 5, IR 6
- Looking for avenues in General Management, Strategic Management, and Entrepreneurship.

Many Thanks.

Hi njk007,

Thank you for your question and your interest in Columbia Business School! Unfortunately we cannot give you feedback on your chances. Please visit our website at https://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admiss ... assprofile for our class profile.

Best of luck!
Send PM
jessmsz wrote:
Hi Matthew,

I am a university student from Canada and my school uses a 4.33 GPA scale.
My understanding is each school has its own specific scales. I am wondering what is the proper way of converting my GPA to one that is comparable and appropriate for Columbia? Is there a guideline somewhere?

Thank you.

Hi jessmsz,

Thank you for your question. You do not need to convert your grades to apply to Columbia Business School.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the reply. I am wondering, then, is there a GPA minimum or standard that's applicable to the 4.33 scale? I understand there has been an average of 3.5/4.0, but I'm not sure how that translates into the 4.33 system.

Thank you.
Send PM
jessmsz wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the reply. I am wondering, then, is there a GPA minimum or standard that's applicable to the 4.33 scale? I understand there has been an average of 3.5/4.0, but I'm not sure how that translates into the 4.33 system.

Thank you.

Hi jessmsz

Thank you for following up! We do not have a minimum GPA requirement to apply to business school. This is true for any any scale. The GPA is just one aspect of the holistic application process and it will be considered with the entire application.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

Based on current year or perhaps even former years, is there a ballpark of how much of the class size is already filled for September 2013 matriculation by mid-January?

Any input would be much appreciated. I could then decide to apply for either Sep. 13 or Jan 14.

Thanks
Send PM
classof2k15 wrote:
Hi Matthew,

Based on current year or perhaps even former years, is there a ballpark of how much of the class size is already filled for September 2013 matriculation by mid-January?

Any input would be much appreciated. I could then decide to apply for either Sep. 13 or Jan 14.

Thanks

Thank you for your question classof2k15. We are not able to publish these stats, but because we have rolling admissions I encourage you to apply as early as possible.

Best of luck,
Intern
Intern
My GPA is 3.9 and I would like to do my MBA after my Phd (computer science). I expect to graduate this Fall. I am planning to take my GMAT this summer. I am 29 years old and I plan to apply for Fall 2014. Would my profile be a fit to Columbia?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi Matthew,

I am very interested in applying/attending Columbia business school in the near future. I applied for both UG and Grad school, got admitted both times, but declined for other universities. I think this time around Columbia is my #1 choice, I'm a little nervous that my track record may be looked down upon, and hurt my application chances. Is this something I should address in my application? Will this be something that the admissions team may look down upon?

Thanks,
Send PM
gkrk123 wrote:
My GPA is 3.9 and I would like to do my MBA after my Phd (computer science). I expect to graduate this Fall. I am planning to take my GMAT this summer. I am 29 years old and I plan to apply for Fall 2014. Would my profile be a fit to Columbia?

Hi gkrk123,

Thank you for your interest in Columbia Business School. Unfortunately I would not be able to give you an assessment of your profile. I encourage you to visit our website at https://ow.ly/hxzIL for our class profile. This will give you a sense of our student body.

Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts