1. At Darden, we teach using the case study method. This means that we depend on the knowledge and experiences that the students have to drive the discussion in class. The case method is most effective when there's a diversity of perspectives represented in the classroom. Your professional experiences, location of origin, gender, ethnicity and much more contribute to these perspectives. We're looking for students who can contribute to the learning environment and are open to learning from their classmates as well.
2. Building a diverse class of students is important to us, and we actively recruit students from all over the world.
3. We do have alumni from Turkey. Please email me at
, and I will connect you with one of them.
First of all, I would like to say thank you in the name of all MBA applicants in here for giving such an amazing opportunity to ask questions about Darden.
I am planing to apply an MBA program in fall 2014. May be it will be better to build a little background about myself. I have 3,5 years work experience in Deloitte as auditor , Coca-Cola and P&G as an Financial Analyst. I have been working in IKEA as business controller for 3 years and in the beginning march I am going to be appointed as Finance&Operations manager. I have graduated from Economics Department of one of the top 3 universities in Turkey with GPA 3,16. I know it is low as compared to school median but I have a valid story behind it
I have not taken a GMAT score yet and I am planing to get a score around 680-710 in June latest. In addition to that, I am contributing to volunteer activities in UN and Losev (Foundation for Children with Leukemia). I am also board member of a non-governmental political organization, Young Politicians Association.
My post MBA target is to shift my career into consulting. Thats why I am looking for a program who helps me to build a strong background by offering real time case studies. I know that Darden is one the top b-schools which have reached its majority in this area. Here is my questions.
1) What kind of specialities should a prospective student have in order to get an acceptance from Darden? Yes the admission criteria is more or less the same for all top b-schools, but what kind of values are appreciated specifically by Darden?
2) As admission commitee, do you try to create a cultural diversity in class? I mean, as we all know the whoppering sum of applications are composed by Indian, Chinese and US students. And less seats are empty for the rest of the world
Do you have such an intent to create heterogeneous class by means of nationality?
3) In these days, I am trying to prepare a short list for myself. Thats why I am trying to contact with current Turkish students or alumni to get more information about my targeted schools. If possible can you please help me to contact with a current Turkish student?
Thanks for your kind answer.