Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 22:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 21:12
Hi All,

The ISB application for 2011 has opened.

Round 1 Deadline is 30 August 2010 and Round 2 Deadline is 30 November 2010.

In General education we have consultants who have been in the interview panel for ISB. We have an excellent track record of our clients getting into ISB.

I will be happy to take queries regarding ISB Application.

Cheers,
Neha Singh
General Education
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation for ISB [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 00:23
Hi,

This is Sameer.

My profile is as follows :

Total work ex : 5.6 years
Organizations : IBM and Infosys
Acads : BITS, Mesra(ECE) - 74%
12th - 95.3%
10th - 85%

Aiming for ISB 2011
Yet to take GMAT....

Need my profile evaluated for ISB.

Thanks in advance
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile evaluation for ISB [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 06:29
sameermba4 wrote:
Hi,

This is Sameer.

My profile is as follows :

Total work ex : 5.6 years
Organizations : IBM and Infosys
Acads : BITS, Mesra(ECE) - 74%
12th - 95.3%
10th - 85%

Aiming for ISB 2011
Yet to take GMAT....

Need my profile evaluated for ISB.

Thanks in advance


Hi Sameer,

You have provided very limited information to credibly comment on your profile. Your work experience is around the ISB Average of 5 years. Your undergrad score is decent and BITS also has a decent brand name at ISB. Further, both your employers - Infosys and IBM are good brands but that also means quite a number of applicants from these companies tend to apply to ISB.

Overall, I would say that you are up against a very competitive and crowded pack of Indian IT Male category. You should aim at a 730+ GMAT score and then build upon your credentials through cohesive application, reflecting your unique personality and interesting experiences in a well knit story. Wish you Gud Luck with your application !!


With Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education

If you need more info, please email me: nehash1020@gmail.com
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 18:52
Hi Ms. Neha.
My name is Akshay. Here is my information.
Look forward to get into ISB for 2011.

Gmat score: To be taken in 2 weeks (Approx score of 650-700)
Education: Bachelors in Biotechnology from Ferris state Univ in michigan (GPA 3.2)
Work exp: About 1.5 yrs after graduation now in a pharmaceutical firm (About 75 people) in New Jersey USA. About a year in analytical research and development and half year in budgeting and forecasting/business development. Currently working in both departments. Make about $50 k a yr. 23 years old.
12th science: 65% (Dint study bc I had a scholarship to go to US)
10th: 82%

Extracurricular: Played tennis for University on full scholarship. Was ranked top 50 in intercollegiate tennis in USA. Was captain of the tennis team and MVP accolades too. Was promoted within 6 months of my job. Hold various responsibilities in the growing company. Coached tennis at various levels. Was assistant coach for the team for six months. Recruiting/scouting consultant for tennis program at Lander University in South Carolina, USA.

I think I have a pretty good chance. What do you think?
Thank you for your time
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 07:49
achellappa wrote:
Hi Ms. Neha.
My name is Akshay. Here is my information.
Look forward to get into ISB for 2011.

Gmat score: To be taken in 2 weeks (Approx score of 650-700)
Education: Bachelors in Biotechnology from Ferris state Univ in michigan (GPA 3.2)
Work exp: About 1.5 yrs after graduation now in a pharmaceutical firm (About 75 people) in New Jersey USA. About a year in analytical research and development and half year in budgeting and forecasting/business development. Currently working in both departments. Make about $50 k a yr. 23 years old.
12th science: 65% (Dint study bc I had a scholarship to go to US)
10th: 82%

Extracurricular: Played tennis for University on full scholarship. Was ranked top 50 in intercollegiate tennis in USA. Was captain of the tennis team and MVP accolades too. Was promoted within 6 months of my job. Hold various responsibilities in the growing company. Coached tennis at various levels. Was assistant coach for the team for six months. Recruiting/scouting consultant for tennis program at Lander University in South Carolina, USA.

I think I have a pretty good chance. What do you think?
Thank you for your time


Hi Akshay,

I would agree with your self-assessment. You have the much coveted diversity quotient that ISB seeks.

ISB has also a good hold in Healthcare and Pharmaceutical in terms of incoming students, industry traction and recruitments.Also, your extracurricular spike is interesting.

Having said that, I think your experience is on the lower side. Not more than 5-7% ISB students have ~2 of years and many of those who join ISB have already pursued post-graduations in different streams such as MS etc. Therefore, you will need to display a lot of maturity in your application essays as well as interview to ensure that Adcom is satisfied by your maturity. Gud Luck !!


Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

For detailed ISB Essay Analysis , check out the link: http://www.general-ed.com/ISB-essay-analysis
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 15:25
Hi Neha,
So are you a consultant? If so, what are your charges etc. Could I please get some details. Or is that your doing this blog for the forum?
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 20:09
achellappa wrote:
Hi Neha,
So are you a consultant? If so, what are your charges etc. Could I please get some details. Or is that your doing this blog for the forum?


Hi Akshay,

We are a group of consultants working together in 'General Education'. We have experts from Harvard, INSEAD, ISB, AGSM,HEC etc. who will be able to guide you to achieve your fullest potential. You can go through the profiles of our panel of experts on our website :www.general-ed.com

One of our consultant is based in Boston,USA. If you are interested in having a free 20 min session with him, please send me pm with your contact no.

If you need anymore information, please feel free to email me: nehash1020@gmail.com


Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 07:08
Hi Neha,

My profile are as follows
Total work experience - 5 years
2 years in Tata Motors Ltd. - Pune, Jamshedpur (1 year in manufacturing, 1 year in product development)
3 years in Caterpillar Inc., USA (all in product development)

Education
Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering - National Institute of Foundry and Forge Tech (admission these days are through AIEEE) - 8.16/10
Masters in Engineering Management - Missouri University of Science and Tech, Rolla, USA(earstwhile University of Missouri-Rolla) - 3.88/4

Extracurricular/Co-curricular
-Vice-president of Society of manufacturing engineers at the university chapter during masters program
-Coordinator for Rotary club unversity chapter during undergrad
-Published 2 journal papers at an reputed international journal and 1 conference paper at American Society of Mechanical Engineers conference 07
-Six-sigma green belt certified from Caterpillar Inc.

GMAT - 660/5.5
12th - 86 % (in PCM), 76 % (Overall)

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 07:48
Hi Neha,

My profile goes as:
GMAT yet to take
Total work experience – 4.5 years in TCS, worked in Manufacturing Domain, I have mostly worked as project lead handling the team of 4-10 for 2-3 projects.

Education background:
Bachelors in IT from U.P. Technical University – 72% agg
12th : 63% (Science)
10th: 75%

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 02:19
Tripty wrote:
Hi Neha,

My profile goes as:
GMAT yet to take
Total work experience – 4.5 years in TCS, worked in Manufacturing Domain, I have mostly worked as project lead handling the team of 4-10 for 2-3 projects.

Education background:
Bachelors in IT from U.P. Technical University – 72% agg
12th : 63% (Science)
10th: 75%

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!


Hi,

Your the quantitative aspects of your profile (work ex, bachelor etc) are in line with ISB average.

Also, you have suggested you worked as PM leading a team of 4-10 for 2-3 projects. It would be interesting to see how long each of these projects were and what exactly was your role as a leader.

Given you 4.5 years of work experience, if you have mostly been on Project Management side then your Manufacturing domain knowledge might be impacted. Further, as with your IT background, it will also be tested what sort of projects you executed - Maintenance or New Implementations.

Lastly, ofcourse the professional and academic parts are smaller pieces of overall equation. Your extracurricular and background are also important elements.

So my recommendation is that you aim for 730+ GMAT score and in parallel start discovering your personal self to be prepared to write compelling applications.

With Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

For detailed analysis of ISB Essays, visit : http://www.general-ed.com/ISB-essay-analysis
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 03:09
mohitgoswami wrote:
Hi Neha,

My profile are as follows
Total work experience - 5 years
2 years in Tata Motors Ltd. - Pune, Jamshedpur (1 year in manufacturing, 1 year in product development)
3 years in Caterpillar Inc., USA (all in product development)

Education
Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering - National Institute of Foundry and Forge Tech (admission these days are through AIEEE) - 8.16/10
Masters in Engineering Management - Missouri University of Science and Tech, Rolla, USA(earstwhile University of Missouri-Rolla) - 3.88/4

Extracurricular/Co-curricular
-Vice-president of Society of manufacturing engineers at the university chapter during masters program
-Coordinator for Rotary club unversity chapter during undergrad
-Published 2 journal papers at an reputed international journal and 1 conference paper at American Society of Mechanical Engineers conference 07
-Six-sigma green belt certified from Caterpillar Inc.

GMAT - 660/5.5
12th - 86 % (in PCM), 76 % (Overall)

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!


Hi,

You have a good profile with diverse set of experience. Your academic and professional elements will add value to class of any top B-school.

However, your GMAT is on lower side but given your uniqueness, you can make it through by writing convincing essays.

Remember B-School applicant depends equally on quantitative aspects of your past as well as on the qualitative dimensions of your personality / future aspirations. Make sure you tie these together in your apps. Good Luck !!



With Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

For detailed analysis of ISB Essays, visit: http://www.general-ed.com/ISB-essay-analysis
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 01:50
Hi Neha,

Could you please have a look at my profile and suggest:

-Male/29/Indian/IT(Embedded Domain)

GMAT: not yet. But targeting 740-750

Education:
1. PG diploma in Embedded systems
2. BTech in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)
3. UG 3 & 1/2 Yrs Diploma in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)

UG is 3 and half year regular full time course with last half year as full time practical training/work at company.
Btech is 4 year full time course with 10 weeks of regular training/work at company

WorkEx:
6 yrs as of today.

Highlight:
1. Patent Holder.
2. Six Sigma Green Belt Holder for Quality.
3. Project Management and Lead 2 yrs experience
4. Award for another Six Sigma Project.
5. Quality Continued Education within Company( Level 1 and Level 2 Certified)
6. International Work experience
7. Direct Client interaction and good reputation with client.
8. Among Top performers in company ( Awarded certificate for Best performance)
9. Worked in different MNC culture (US/S.Korean/Spanish)
10. Member of Business council in Company.


Low points:
Social work

MBA Plans:
Inside india: ISB, IIM


Anything I need to work on?? What should be the score target???


Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 268
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 07:44
Hi Neha,

My profile goes like this
Experience: By April 2011 => almost 8 years In IT services
GMAT: Yet to give, targeting 750
Worked in: TCS, HCL, Tech Mahindra
Onsite Experience: 1.1 years in US & Germany
Awards: Several from all employers and some appreciation mails from client
Queries:
1. I was reading on one site specialising in ISB admission that experience of 8 years is kind of disadvantage in ISB? Is it true.
2. My current position is of designer where in my main role is not of people management? Is it some kind of disadvantage for my aspiration for MBA (in ISB or IIMA PgpX) as my exp is on higher side but still not much of people management role. In daily routine I mentor junior team members but they are not reporting to me.
3. Do the appreciation mails from client count in my profile or only the awards where I have the certificate count?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 174
Schools: ISB
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 08:34
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi All,

The ISB application for 2011 has opened.

Round 1 Deadline is 30 August 2010 and Round 2 Deadline is 30 November 2010.

In General education we have consultants who have been in the interview panel for ISB. We have an excellent track record of our clients getting into ISB.

I will be happy to take queries regarding ISB Application.

Cheers,
Neha Singh
General Education


a brief about me.......

I am a Chartered Accountant and a Company Secretary working in a corporate banking division of a bank as manager since last 3 years.

At work we started with our division in the year 2007 with a team of around 15, we ended up with a business of 10,000crs with profit of 220crs by March,08. Obviously that was a steep increase in performance considering that we started with scratch. In 3 years time we have grown a lot (business of Rs35000crs & profit of 620crs) and I have been a major contributing factor in that.

I am a certified SAP - ERP consultant from SAP Germany in finance module and through this i have been able to properly dissipate the necessary financial information in IT environment. I also have a Certification from Indian Institute of bankers that has provided me an added advantage of applying true banking skills in my efforts at work.

All things stated above would be acknowledged by my seniors at work in the application recos.

Moreover, apart from my work I have been working on my own as well wherein i have employed 3 commerce graduates under me. That’s my own private work. In this i have earned some serious good millions during last 3 years since my CA qualification.

May be this can justify my leadership skills at my private work, my time management skills, etc. Apart from that I have also been heading around 5-6 deputy managers under me to get the task accompolished.


I did my articles (CA) from a well renowned firm (2yrs) and an industrial training with a BSE listed industrial product manufacturing company (1yr).

My Gmat score is decent (680) but I plan to retake before applying in round1.

I have some decent ECs as well but most of them pertain to school time.

Can u people please evaluate my profile as a prospective candidate to ISB, Co12.
_________________

CONSIDER AWARDING KUDOS IF MY POST HELPS !!!

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 21:28
contactdineshmehta wrote:
Hi Neha,

Could you please have a look at my profile and suggest:

-Male/29/Indian/IT(Embedded Domain)

GMAT: not yet. But targeting 740-750

Education:
1. PG diploma in Embedded systems
2. BTech in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)
3. UG 3 & 1/2 Yrs Diploma in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)

UG is 3 and half year regular full time course with last half year as full time practical training/work at company.
Btech is 4 year full time course with 10 weeks of regular training/work at company

WorkEx:
6 yrs as of today.

Highlight:
1. Patent Holder.
2. Six Sigma Green Belt Holder for Quality.
3. Project Management and Lead 2 yrs experience
4. Award for another Six Sigma Project.
5. Quality Continued Education within Company( Level 1 and Level 2 Certified)
6. International Work experience
7. Direct Client interaction and good reputation with client.
8. Among Top performers in company ( Awarded certificate for Best performance)
9. Worked in different MNC culture (US/S.Korean/Spanish)
10. Member of Business council in Company.


Low points:
Social work

MBA Plans:
Inside india: ISB, IIM


Anything I need to work on?? What should be the score target???


Thanks


Hi,

I think you are bang on target by chasing down a score of around 740-750. Such a score will complement your profile well.

You hold good advantage in your academic and professional side. However, you haven't listed much about your extracurricular side. In case you have time, you might want to work on this area a bit to represent a truly multi-faceted personality.

Again, as I have previously advocated success in B-school application process is not just a function of your past but also of what plans you have for future. So, you need to think for your post-MBA targets and your contributions to schools more specifically.

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 21:34
bangalorian2000 wrote:
Hi Neha,

My profile goes like this
Experience: By April 2011 => almost 8 years In IT services
GMAT: Yet to give, targeting 750
Worked in: TCS, HCL, Tech Mahindra
Onsite Experience: 1.1 years in US & Germany
Awards: Several from all employers and some appreciation mails from client
Queries:
1. I was reading on one site specialising in ISB admission that experience of 8 years is kind of disadvantage in ISB? Is it true.
2. My current position is of designer where in my main role is not of people management? Is it some kind of disadvantage for my aspiration for MBA (in ISB or IIMA PgpX) as my exp is on higher side but still not much of people management role. In daily routine I mentor junior team members but they are not reporting to me.
3. Do the appreciation mails from client count in my profile or only the awards where I have the certificate count?

Thanks

Hi,

Coming directly to your queries first:

1. I wouldn't agree with that statement. One of our consultant who is an alumni of ISB, had a lady with 15 years of work experience in IT in his class. There are quite a few students with 8 years of work experience. In fact come companies specifically come for recruitment of such senior profiles. Also, people with 8+ work experience have a special club for themselves. Can you point out the website you are referring to ?

2. At your level, a skill in people management will be expected. However, such skill could be either from your direct formal role or informal roles such as ones you mentioned. As long as you can convince that you work well with people at all levels and show leadership, you are fine.

3. In your application forms, most schools have section for awards / achievements. You can mention your awards over there. As for client appreciations, you may showcase those in your essays or may be your recommender can speak about those.

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 21:38
mustdoit wrote:
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi All,

The ISB application for 2011 has opened.

Round 1 Deadline is 30 August 2010 and Round 2 Deadline is 30 November 2010.

In General education we have consultants who have been in the interview panel for ISB. We have an excellent track record of our clients getting into ISB.

I will be happy to take queries regarding ISB Application.

Cheers,
Neha Singh
General Education


a brief about me.......

I am a Chartered Accountant and a Company Secretary working in a corporate banking division of a bank as manager since last 3 years.

At work we started with our division in the year 2007 with a team of around 15, we ended up with a business of 10,000crs with profit of 220crs by March,08. Obviously that was a steep increase in performance considering that we started with scratch. In 3 years time we have grown a lot (business of Rs35000crs & profit of 620crs) and I have been a major contributing factor in that.

I am a certified SAP - ERP consultant from SAP Germany in finance module and through this i have been able to properly dissipate the necessary financial information in IT environment. I also have a Certification from Indian Institute of bankers that has provided me an added advantage of applying true banking skills in my efforts at work.

All things stated above would be acknowledged by my seniors at work in the application recos.

Moreover, apart from my work I have been working on my own as well wherein i have employed 3 commerce graduates under me. That’s my own private work. In this i have earned some serious good millions during last 3 years since my CA qualification.

May be this can justify my leadership skills at my private work, my time management skills, etc. Apart from that I have also been heading around 5-6 deputy managers under me to get the task accompolished.


I did my articles (CA) from a well renowned firm (2yrs) and an industrial training with a BSE listed industrial product manufacturing company (1yr).

My Gmat score is decent (680) but I plan to retake before applying in round1.

I have some decent ECs as well but most of them pertain to school time.

Can u people please evaluate my profile as a prospective candidate to ISB, Co12.


Hi,

From your description, you seem to have impressive credentials on Professional and Personal front.

Your progress at your job as well as your business is testimony to your potential to understand the nuisances of driving people and achieving results.

As for your GMAT, I think 680 is decent score for your profile as well. You haven't mentioned much about EC's and experiences from school time does dilute the impact a little bit.

Lastly, I wish to emphasis that ISB admit will depend equally on how well you have done till now and what exactly you wish to do in future. While you score well in the former, you need to think well for the latter. Gud Luck !

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 690
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 31 May 2010, 02:03
Hi Everyone,

General Education is organizing a Workshop on " MBA Application Strategy" in Bangalore where "Director of Admissions - ISB" will be present.

For more details on this workshop, please visit the link: http://gmatclub.com/forum/meet-the-director-of-admissions-isb-at-bangalore-95057.html?view-post=731714#p731714

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 232
Location: Arkansas, US
WE 1: 2.5 yrs in manufacturing
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 21:19
Hey Neha,

We appreciate your assistance in helping us evaluate our profiles.

I am applying to ISB this fall. Could you please comment on my chances.

My Profile is:

26 yrs, Male, India

Manufacturing Background
MS Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas (3.3 GPA)
BS Mechanical Engineering, in India (3 GPA)

Professional Experience
2.5 years work experience as Manufacturing & Projects Engineer in a private firm with 135 employees. (3.5 yrs work exp at matriculation)
Selected this company, as I wanted to learn all the aspects of running an industry. I am a big fish in a small pond here.
Directly report to the CEO and advise him on new product development technologies and continuous improvement.
Our company runs thin on resources, so I wear several hats including those of developing new product ideas, product design, continuous improvement, process improvement, product strategy, pricing, etc.

Proposed changes in our operation and convinced supervisors, with 20 years of experience in the same company, to change.
Lots of people management skills.

Made a significant impact on the company's culture for the better. Had a vision when very few believed me and now we are half way there. Hit many brick walls on the way. Everyone is glad we started the journey.
Made a difference to the bottom line to the tune of $350,000 per annum.

Term Goals:
Passionate about the mfg industry. Get a management role in top multinational mfg companies like Ford, Nokia, Caterpillar, Procter & Gamble, GE, etc.
Set up my own industry in the long term.


GMAT: 720

Extracurricular:
Play racquetball tournaments
Into Thai Kickboxing, may have my first fight this year.
Designed and fabricated a washing machine that runs on pedal power, during my undergrad. Won the second prize at the national level.
Like acting and have directed and acted in number of stage plays during my Masters and job.
_________________

ARISE AWAKE AND REST NOT UNTIL THE GOAL IS ACHIEVED

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 May 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2010, 04:54
Hey Neha,
I am from India. Have done my Btech from IIIT-Hyd the univ next to ISB sharing the same boundary wall..
One of the top 10 Technical schools in the country..
Have had the opportunity to work as an intern in Microsoft for three months in Bangalore during my Graduation.
Similarly, i was among the very few students in my univ to get the opportunity to work as an inetrn in Second year as well of my Graduation, in One of the most recognized IT companies in Hyd..
I have a negative point in my profile, that my GPA is not that impressive(7.1/10)

Currently working in Bank of America..with an experience of 18 months after graduation.

Extra Curriculars : Have won many certificates in Sports as i was a part of My Univ Cricket team..
Have also got a certificate of appreciation from the Dir of IIIT-Hyd as i was the part core commitee of Stuents Parliament in my Coll..

Throughout my School life, write from begining i have won certificates in Extra curriculars be it Sports , literature, debates etc..

I am currently a crucial part of the one of the NGOs being run by the BoA in Mumbai..and have also contributed in one of the NGOs in Hyd..

Please let me know of what you think about my chances, as i feel that not so impressive Acads might hinder my chances along with a work ex of 18 mons..+ 2 Internships..

I will be giving my GMAT in Aug..and as per the preparation so far..I am expecting to land up somewhere in the range 720-740!

Thanks..
Gaurank
Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries   [#permalink] 08 Jun 2010, 04:54
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
4 ISB applicants 2014 - Ask GyanOne GyanOne 22 13 May 2014, 23:29
1 ASK goISB.com "ISB Admissions Application Consultants" AskgoISB 19 30 Aug 2010, 02:27
Ask APPHELP - for MBA Application/ Essay review queries Apphelp 25 13 Jun 2010, 02:08
9 Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB thinkadmit 181 19 May 2010, 07:16
1 Ask Neha from general-ed nehasingh1020 24 12 May 2010, 11:15
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.