Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 18 May 2010, 21:12
Hi All,

The ISB application for 2011 has opened.

Round 1 Deadline is 30 August 2010 and Round 2 Deadline is 30 November 2010.

In General education we have consultants who have been in the interview panel for ISB. We have an excellent track record of our clients getting into ISB.

I will be happy to take queries regarding ISB Application.

Cheers,
Neha Singh
General Education

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [1] , given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 00:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
Raghavender wrote:
Hey Neha,

We appreciate your assistance in helping us evaluate our profiles.

I am applying to ISB this fall. Could you please comment on my chances.

My Profile is:

26 yrs, Male, India

Manufacturing Background
MS Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas (3.3 GPA)
BS Mechanical Engineering, in India (3 GPA)

Professional Experience
2.5 years work experience as Manufacturing & Projects Engineer in a private firm with 135 employees. (3.5 yrs work exp at matriculation)
Selected this company, as I wanted to learn all the aspects of running an industry. I am a big fish in a small pond here.
Directly report to the CEO and advise him on new product development technologies and continuous improvement.
Our company runs thin on resources, so I wear several hats including those of developing new product ideas, product design, continuous improvement, process improvement, product strategy, pricing, etc.

Proposed changes in our operation and convinced supervisors, with 20 years of experience in the same company, to change.
Lots of people management skills.

Made a significant impact on the company's culture for the better. Had a vision when very few believed me and now we are half way there. Hit many brick walls on the way. Everyone is glad we started the journey.
Made a difference to the bottom line to the tune of $350,000 per annum.

Term Goals:
Passionate about the mfg industry. Get a management role in top multinational mfg companies like Ford, Nokia, Caterpillar, Procter & Gamble, GE, etc.
Set up my own industry in the long term.


GMAT: 720

Extracurricular:
Play racquetball tournaments
Into Thai Kickboxing, may have my first fight this year.
Designed and fabricated a washing machine that runs on pedal power, during my undergrad. Won the second prize at the national level.
Like acting and have directed and acted in number of stage plays during my Masters and job.


Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

You have very strong profile - Diversity with your work experience and Education.

More importantly, quality of your work experiences speaks for itself. Your GMAT and Extra-curicular are also pretty good.

I'd encourage you to go ahead with your application that represents best possible picture of your multi-faceted personality.

The goals you have mentioned are certainly achievable at ISB. Gud Luck.

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [1] , given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 00:46
1
This post received
KUDOS
Gaurank wrote:
Hey Neha,
I am from India. Have done my Btech from IIIT-Hyd the univ next to ISB sharing the same boundary wall..
One of the top 10 Technical schools in the country..
Have had the opportunity to work as an intern in Microsoft for three months in Bangalore during my Graduation.
Similarly, i was among the very few students in my univ to get the opportunity to work as an inetrn in Second year as well of my Graduation, in One of the most recognized IT companies in Hyd..
I have a negative point in my profile, that my GPA is not that impressive(7.1/10)

Currently working in Bank of America..with an experience of 18 months after graduation.

Extra Curriculars : Have won many certificates in Sports as i was a part of My Univ Cricket team..
Have also got a certificate of appreciation from the Dir of IIIT-Hyd as i was the part core commitee of Stuents Parliament in my Coll..

Throughout my School life, write from begining i have won certificates in Extra curriculars be it Sports , literature, debates etc..

I am currently a crucial part of the one of the NGOs being run by the BoA in Mumbai..and have also contributed in one of the NGOs in Hyd..

Please let me know of what you think about my chances, as i feel that not so impressive Acads might hinder my chances along with a work ex of 18 mons..+ 2 Internships..

I will be giving my GMAT in Aug..and as per the preparation so far..I am expecting to land up somewhere in the range 720-740!

Thanks..
Gaurank


Hi Gaurank,

Sorry for delay in replying.

Good to know that you have introspected on your profile. I'd agree with your negatives - Not so good Acads and lesser work experience.

You can try to cover up your acads based concern by pushing GMAT to 750 or more.

As for lesser work experience, you will need to showcase a lot of quality in your work and also, a right representation of extra-curricular.

Further, B-school application is lot more about your future plans and that is where you can demonstrate a lot of maturity to convince the Adcom of your worth.

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 4

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 13:30
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Neha,

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread ! Please evaluate my profile as well !

Details:

Male /29 Years/ India

Educational Background:
I was average in my school days with 77 % and 74% marks in 10th and 12th respectively.
I completed my engineering in Computer Science in the year 2003 with an overall of 74 %. I have also completed the 6months Young Professional Program ( Executive Education) from IIM Calcutta in the year 2005.

Even though I am a computer science graduate, I joined my family business in the year 2003. I have a total work experience of 7 years in my family business as a director. We are a FMCG company in Central India with a turn over of 70 crores and specialize in Flour Milling Operations. We presently operate two flour processing units with a total processing capacity of 30000 Quintals. We also run two bread manufacturing units under the franchise of Hindustan Unilever Limited. We produce and retail over 50000 breads and bakery products per day.

Extra Curricular:
I have represented my college and school in Cricket .
I am an expert at playing the keyboard.

GMAT : 710 ( Quant 50. Verbal 37)

Please guide me if my Gmat score is in line with my profile and where do I stand amongst the pool of applicants, most of whom are from IT ???

Thanks and Regards,

Manish
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [1] , given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2010, 00:06
1
This post received
KUDOS
ManishS wrote:
Hi Neha,

Thanks for starting this wonderful thread ! Please evaluate my profile as well !

Details:

Male /29 Years/ India

Educational Background:
I was average in my school days with 77 % and 74% marks in 10th and 12th respectively.
I completed my engineering in Computer Science in the year 2003 with an overall of 74 %. I have also completed the 6months Young Professional Program ( Executive Education) from IIM Calcutta in the year 2005.

Even though I am a computer science graduate, I joined my family business in the year 2003. I have a total work experience of 7 years in my family business as a director. We are a FMCG company in Central India with a turn over of 70 crores and specialize in Flour Milling Operations. We presently operate two flour processing units with a total processing capacity of 30000 Quintals. We also run two bread manufacturing units under the franchise of Hindustan Unilever Limited. We produce and retail over 50000 breads and bakery products per day.

Extra Curricular:
I have represented my college and school in Cricket .
I am an expert at playing the keyboard.

GMAT : 710 ( Quant 50. Verbal 37)

Please guide me if my Gmat score is in line with my profile and where do I stand amongst the pool of applicants, most of whom are from IT ???

Thanks and Regards,

Manish


Hi Manish,

I'd say that you have an advantage over typical applicant pool with your 7 years experience in your family business.

Your GMAT score is also good that allays the concern on your current academic potential.

However, I think it will be extremely important for you to make a coherent description of your future goals and how ISB will help you reach there. Research or take help, but as long as you take care of this part, you have a shot.

Good Luck.

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [1] , given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2010, 01:36
1
This post received
KUDOS
Opportunity to win 24 hour ISB experience.....

We will be administering a multiple choice written quiz on ISB to the attendees at Bangalore. One winner of this quiz will be invited over to the ISB for a 24 hour ISB experience

And no registration fees...

Admittance: By Invitation. Please carry the print out of the confirmation email for attending the workshop....

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation for ISB [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 00:23
Hi,

This is Sameer.

My profile is as follows :

Total work ex : 5.6 years
Organizations : IBM and Infosys
Acads : BITS, Mesra(ECE) - 74%
12th - 95.3%
10th - 85%

Aiming for ISB 2011
Yet to take GMAT....

Need my profile evaluated for ISB.

Thanks in advance
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile evaluation for ISB [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 06:29
sameermba4 wrote:
Hi,

This is Sameer.

My profile is as follows :

Total work ex : 5.6 years
Organizations : IBM and Infosys
Acads : BITS, Mesra(ECE) - 74%
12th - 95.3%
10th - 85%

Aiming for ISB 2011
Yet to take GMAT....

Need my profile evaluated for ISB.

Thanks in advance


Hi Sameer,

You have provided very limited information to credibly comment on your profile. Your work experience is around the ISB Average of 5 years. Your undergrad score is decent and BITS also has a decent brand name at ISB. Further, both your employers - Infosys and IBM are good brands but that also means quite a number of applicants from these companies tend to apply to ISB.

Overall, I would say that you are up against a very competitive and crowded pack of Indian IT Male category. You should aim at a 730+ GMAT score and then build upon your credentials through cohesive application, reflecting your unique personality and interesting experiences in a well knit story. Wish you Gud Luck with your application !!


With Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education

If you need more info, please email me: nehash1020@gmail.com

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 18:52
Hi Ms. Neha.
My name is Akshay. Here is my information.
Look forward to get into ISB for 2011.

Gmat score: To be taken in 2 weeks (Approx score of 650-700)
Education: Bachelors in Biotechnology from Ferris state Univ in michigan (GPA 3.2)
Work exp: About 1.5 yrs after graduation now in a pharmaceutical firm (About 75 people) in New Jersey USA. About a year in analytical research and development and half year in budgeting and forecasting/business development. Currently working in both departments. Make about $50 k a yr. 23 years old.
12th science: 65% (Dint study bc I had a scholarship to go to US)
10th: 82%

Extracurricular: Played tennis for University on full scholarship. Was ranked top 50 in intercollegiate tennis in USA. Was captain of the tennis team and MVP accolades too. Was promoted within 6 months of my job. Hold various responsibilities in the growing company. Coached tennis at various levels. Was assistant coach for the team for six months. Recruiting/scouting consultant for tennis program at Lander University in South Carolina, USA.

I think I have a pretty good chance. What do you think?
Thank you for your time
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 07:49
achellappa wrote:
Hi Ms. Neha.
My name is Akshay. Here is my information.
Look forward to get into ISB for 2011.

Gmat score: To be taken in 2 weeks (Approx score of 650-700)
Education: Bachelors in Biotechnology from Ferris state Univ in michigan (GPA 3.2)
Work exp: About 1.5 yrs after graduation now in a pharmaceutical firm (About 75 people) in New Jersey USA. About a year in analytical research and development and half year in budgeting and forecasting/business development. Currently working in both departments. Make about $50 k a yr. 23 years old.
12th science: 65% (Dint study bc I had a scholarship to go to US)
10th: 82%

Extracurricular: Played tennis for University on full scholarship. Was ranked top 50 in intercollegiate tennis in USA. Was captain of the tennis team and MVP accolades too. Was promoted within 6 months of my job. Hold various responsibilities in the growing company. Coached tennis at various levels. Was assistant coach for the team for six months. Recruiting/scouting consultant for tennis program at Lander University in South Carolina, USA.

I think I have a pretty good chance. What do you think?
Thank you for your time


Hi Akshay,

I would agree with your self-assessment. You have the much coveted diversity quotient that ISB seeks.

ISB has also a good hold in Healthcare and Pharmaceutical in terms of incoming students, industry traction and recruitments.Also, your extracurricular spike is interesting.

Having said that, I think your experience is on the lower side. Not more than 5-7% ISB students have ~2 of years and many of those who join ISB have already pursued post-graduations in different streams such as MS etc. Therefore, you will need to display a lot of maturity in your application essays as well as interview to ensure that Adcom is satisfied by your maturity. Gud Luck !!


Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

For detailed ISB Essay Analysis , check out the link: http://www.general-ed.com/ISB-essay-analysis

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 15:25
Hi Neha,
So are you a consultant? If so, what are your charges etc. Could I please get some details. Or is that your doing this blog for the forum?
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 20:09
achellappa wrote:
Hi Neha,
So are you a consultant? If so, what are your charges etc. Could I please get some details. Or is that your doing this blog for the forum?


Hi Akshay,

We are a group of consultants working together in 'General Education'. We have experts from Harvard, INSEAD, ISB, AGSM,HEC etc. who will be able to guide you to achieve your fullest potential. You can go through the profiles of our panel of experts on our website :www.general-ed.com

One of our consultant is based in Boston,USA. If you are interested in having a free 20 min session with him, please send me pm with your contact no.

If you need anymore information, please feel free to email me: nehash1020@gmail.com


Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 07:08
Hi Neha,

My profile are as follows
Total work experience - 5 years
2 years in Tata Motors Ltd. - Pune, Jamshedpur (1 year in manufacturing, 1 year in product development)
3 years in Caterpillar Inc., USA (all in product development)

Education
Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering - National Institute of Foundry and Forge Tech (admission these days are through AIEEE) - 8.16/10
Masters in Engineering Management - Missouri University of Science and Tech, Rolla, USA(earstwhile University of Missouri-Rolla) - 3.88/4

Extracurricular/Co-curricular
-Vice-president of Society of manufacturing engineers at the university chapter during masters program
-Coordinator for Rotary club unversity chapter during undergrad
-Published 2 journal papers at an reputed international journal and 1 conference paper at American Society of Mechanical Engineers conference 07
-Six-sigma green belt certified from Caterpillar Inc.

GMAT - 660/5.5
12th - 86 % (in PCM), 76 % (Overall)

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 25 May 2010, 07:48
Hi Neha,

My profile goes as:
GMAT yet to take
Total work experience – 4.5 years in TCS, worked in Manufacturing Domain, I have mostly worked as project lead handling the team of 4-10 for 2-3 projects.

Education background:
Bachelors in IT from U.P. Technical University – 72% agg
12th : 63% (Science)
10th: 75%

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!
Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 02:19
Tripty wrote:
Hi Neha,

My profile goes as:
GMAT yet to take
Total work experience – 4.5 years in TCS, worked in Manufacturing Domain, I have mostly worked as project lead handling the team of 4-10 for 2-3 projects.

Education background:
Bachelors in IT from U.P. Technical University – 72% agg
12th : 63% (Science)
10th: 75%

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!


Hi,

Your the quantitative aspects of your profile (work ex, bachelor etc) are in line with ISB average.

Also, you have suggested you worked as PM leading a team of 4-10 for 2-3 projects. It would be interesting to see how long each of these projects were and what exactly was your role as a leader.

Given you 4.5 years of work experience, if you have mostly been on Project Management side then your Manufacturing domain knowledge might be impacted. Further, as with your IT background, it will also be tested what sort of projects you executed - Maintenance or New Implementations.

Lastly, ofcourse the professional and academic parts are smaller pieces of overall equation. Your extracurricular and background are also important elements.

So my recommendation is that you aim for 730+ GMAT score and in parallel start discovering your personal self to be prepared to write compelling applications.

With Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

For detailed analysis of ISB Essays, visit : http://www.general-ed.com/ISB-essay-analysis

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 03:09
mohitgoswami wrote:
Hi Neha,

My profile are as follows
Total work experience - 5 years
2 years in Tata Motors Ltd. - Pune, Jamshedpur (1 year in manufacturing, 1 year in product development)
3 years in Caterpillar Inc., USA (all in product development)

Education
Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering - National Institute of Foundry and Forge Tech (admission these days are through AIEEE) - 8.16/10
Masters in Engineering Management - Missouri University of Science and Tech, Rolla, USA(earstwhile University of Missouri-Rolla) - 3.88/4

Extracurricular/Co-curricular
-Vice-president of Society of manufacturing engineers at the university chapter during masters program
-Coordinator for Rotary club unversity chapter during undergrad
-Published 2 journal papers at an reputed international journal and 1 conference paper at American Society of Mechanical Engineers conference 07
-Six-sigma green belt certified from Caterpillar Inc.

GMAT - 660/5.5
12th - 86 % (in PCM), 76 % (Overall)

Please provide your feedback

Thank you!


Hi,

You have a good profile with diverse set of experience. Your academic and professional elements will add value to class of any top B-school.

However, your GMAT is on lower side but given your uniqueness, you can make it through by writing convincing essays.

Remember B-School applicant depends equally on quantitative aspects of your past as well as on the qualitative dimensions of your personality / future aspirations. Make sure you tie these together in your apps. Good Luck !!



With Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education
http://www.general-ed.com

For detailed analysis of ISB Essays, visit: http://www.general-ed.com/ISB-essay-analysis

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 May 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 01:50
Hi Neha,

Could you please have a look at my profile and suggest:

-Male/29/Indian/IT(Embedded Domain)

GMAT: not yet. But targeting 740-750

Education:
1. PG diploma in Embedded systems
2. BTech in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)
3. UG 3 & 1/2 Yrs Diploma in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)

UG is 3 and half year regular full time course with last half year as full time practical training/work at company.
Btech is 4 year full time course with 10 weeks of regular training/work at company

WorkEx:
6 yrs as of today.

Highlight:
1. Patent Holder.
2. Six Sigma Green Belt Holder for Quality.
3. Project Management and Lead 2 yrs experience
4. Award for another Six Sigma Project.
5. Quality Continued Education within Company( Level 1 and Level 2 Certified)
6. International Work experience
7. Direct Client interaction and good reputation with client.
8. Among Top performers in company ( Awarded certificate for Best performance)
9. Worked in different MNC culture (US/S.Korean/Spanish)
10. Member of Business council in Company.


Low points:
Social work

MBA Plans:
Inside india: ISB, IIM


Anything I need to work on?? What should be the score target???


Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 268
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 07:44
Hi Neha,

My profile goes like this
Experience: By April 2011 => almost 8 years In IT services
GMAT: Yet to give, targeting 750
Worked in: TCS, HCL, Tech Mahindra
Onsite Experience: 1.1 years in US & Germany
Awards: Several from all employers and some appreciation mails from client
Queries:
1. I was reading on one site specialising in ISB admission that experience of 8 years is kind of disadvantage in ISB? Is it true.
2. My current position is of designer where in my main role is not of people management? Is it some kind of disadvantage for my aspiration for MBA (in ISB or IIMA PgpX) as my exp is on higher side but still not much of people management role. In daily routine I mentor junior team members but they are not reporting to me.
3. Do the appreciation mails from client count in my profile or only the awards where I have the certificate count?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 174
Schools: ISB
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 103 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 08:34
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi All,

The ISB application for 2011 has opened.

Round 1 Deadline is 30 August 2010 and Round 2 Deadline is 30 November 2010.

In General education we have consultants who have been in the interview panel for ISB. We have an excellent track record of our clients getting into ISB.

I will be happy to take queries regarding ISB Application.

Cheers,
Neha Singh
General Education


a brief about me.......

I am a Chartered Accountant and a Company Secretary working in a corporate banking division of a bank as manager since last 3 years.

At work we started with our division in the year 2007 with a team of around 15, we ended up with a business of 10,000crs with profit of 220crs by March,08. Obviously that was a steep increase in performance considering that we started with scratch. In 3 years time we have grown a lot (business of Rs35000crs & profit of 620crs) and I have been a major contributing factor in that.

I am a certified SAP - ERP consultant from SAP Germany in finance module and through this i have been able to properly dissipate the necessary financial information in IT environment. I also have a Certification from Indian Institute of bankers that has provided me an added advantage of applying true banking skills in my efforts at work.

All things stated above would be acknowledged by my seniors at work in the application recos.

Moreover, apart from my work I have been working on my own as well wherein i have employed 3 commerce graduates under me. That’s my own private work. In this i have earned some serious good millions during last 3 years since my CA qualification.

May be this can justify my leadership skills at my private work, my time management skills, etc. Apart from that I have also been heading around 5-6 deputy managers under me to get the task accompolished.


I did my articles (CA) from a well renowned firm (2yrs) and an industrial training with a BSE listed industrial product manufacturing company (1yr).

My Gmat score is decent (680) but I plan to retake before applying in round1.

I have some decent ECs as well but most of them pertain to school time.

Can u people please evaluate my profile as a prospective candidate to ISB, Co12.

_________________

CONSIDER AWARDING KUDOS IF MY POST HELPS !!!

Director
Director
avatar
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 628
Location: Bangalore
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries [#permalink] New post 29 May 2010, 21:28
contactdineshmehta wrote:
Hi Neha,

Could you please have a look at my profile and suggest:

-Male/29/Indian/IT(Embedded Domain)

GMAT: not yet. But targeting 740-750

Education:
1. PG diploma in Embedded systems
2. BTech in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)
3. UG 3 & 1/2 Yrs Diploma in Electronics and Communcations(College Topper)

UG is 3 and half year regular full time course with last half year as full time practical training/work at company.
Btech is 4 year full time course with 10 weeks of regular training/work at company

WorkEx:
6 yrs as of today.

Highlight:
1. Patent Holder.
2. Six Sigma Green Belt Holder for Quality.
3. Project Management and Lead 2 yrs experience
4. Award for another Six Sigma Project.
5. Quality Continued Education within Company( Level 1 and Level 2 Certified)
6. International Work experience
7. Direct Client interaction and good reputation with client.
8. Among Top performers in company ( Awarded certificate for Best performance)
9. Worked in different MNC culture (US/S.Korean/Spanish)
10. Member of Business council in Company.


Low points:
Social work

MBA Plans:
Inside india: ISB, IIM


Anything I need to work on?? What should be the score target???


Thanks


Hi,

I think you are bang on target by chasing down a score of around 740-750. Such a score will complement your profile well.

You hold good advantage in your academic and professional side. However, you haven't listed much about your extracurricular side. In case you have time, you might want to work on this area a bit to represent a truly multi-faceted personality.

Again, as I have previously advocated success in B-school application process is not just a function of your past but also of what plans you have for future. So, you need to think for your post-MBA targets and your contributions to schools more specifically.

Best Regards,
Neha Singh
General Education

_________________

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect


Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries   [#permalink] 29 May 2010, 21:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 ISB applicants 2014 - Ask GyanOne GyanOne 12 13 May 2014, 23:29
1 ASK goISB.com "ISB Admissions Application Consultants" AskgoISB 19 30 Aug 2010, 02:27
Ask APPHELP - for MBA Application/ Essay review queries Apphelp 25 13 Jun 2010, 02:08
9 Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB thinkadmit 181 19 May 2010, 07:16
1 Ask Neha from general-ed nehasingh1020 24 12 May 2010, 11:15
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ask General-Ed for ISB Application Queries

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.