Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 03:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Official Business School Representative
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2011, 12:08
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Welcome to the Official Ask Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business Admissions

Sheller College of Business MBA Admissions Team would like to welcome everyone to this thread and offer an opportunity to ask questions about our leading MBA program. If there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

Calling All Georgia Tech MBA 2012 Applicants Discussion
Real Time Applicant Stats

About Georgia Tech Full-time MBA

Resources for Georgia Tech:

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8214 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 09:13
Expert's post
My sincere welcome - it is fantastic to see Georgia Tech Admissions team on the GMAT Club forums!

Welcome!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2012, 12:29
GeorgiaTechMBA,
I am a round 2 applicant for Georgia Tech full time MBA program. I would like to know whether Goeorgia Tech has already started sending interview invites for round 2 applicants. Till when can an applicant expect the interview invite?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2012, 02:23
What is the typical change in application status on buzzport. Currently it says "No decision has been made", does this mean the application is yet to be reviewed ?

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2012, 10:44
gmatgt wrote:
GeorgiaTechMBA,
I am a round 2 applicant for Georgia Tech full time MBA program. I would like to know whether Goeorgia Tech has already started sending interview invites for round 2 applicants. Till when can an applicant expect the interview invite?

Hello gmatgt,

Thank you for your interest in Georgia Tech!

We just passed our first application deadline (January 15), but we have a rolling admissions process. Once an application is complete, it can take up to six weeks to hear about an interview or admissions decision.

Best,
Georgia Tech MBA Admissions

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 05:35
zmokarim wrote:
What is the typical change in application status on buzzport. Currently it says "No decision has been made", does this mean the application is yet to be reviewed ?

Hello zmokarim,

You are correct-- the "No decision has been made" status in Buzzport means that that application is still in the review process. It can take up to six weeks from the time your application is complete to receive a decision or invitation to interview.

Best,
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 590 Q28 V38
GPA: 2.54
WE: Accounting (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 19:48
You just received my application.

Right in the nick of time!

GMAT, and GT (weird to say) mostly because I hate the Bulldogs as much as you guys do, but indifferent to Tech!

Wish me luck.

Hunter

4/28 GMATPrep 42Q 36V 640

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 23:10
Thanks Friends

Thanks For Posting the Thread which really provide some wonderful information about the Georgia Tech MBA Admissions ....

Thanks Once again..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 12:22
Hi

I had applied in the first week of January and am yet to receive any sort of communication from GA Tech. The application status on Buzzport still shows as "No Decision Has Been Made". As there are no decision timelines mentioned and it is a rolling admission decision, by when can i expect to hear from GA Tech.

Thanks

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2012, 03:54
zmokarim wrote:
Hi

I had applied in the first week of January and am yet to receive any sort of communication from GA Tech. The application status on Buzzport still shows as "No Decision Has Been Made". As there are no decision timelines mentioned and it is a rolling admission decision, by when can i expect to hear from GA Tech.

Thanks

Hi zmokarim,

It can take up to about six weeks from the time your application was submitted to receive a response. Please feel free to contact us at mba@mgt.gatech.edu to confirm that your application is complete.

Thanks again for your interest in Georgia Tech- please contact us at any time if you have any other questions.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Georgia Tech '16
GPA: 2.84

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 11:48
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Georgia Tech business school for Fall 2014. I believe Round 1 deadline is Oct 15th. I have 670 GMAT and 7 years of experience as Oracle DBA and Business Analyst. I am an international student but working in US holding H1B and live in Georgia. Will I be treated as Georgia resident for tution fee? And are there any scholarships for international students?

Appreciate your help

Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 06:22
gmat320133 wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Georgia Tech business school for Fall 2014. I believe Round 1 deadline is Oct 15th. I have 670 GMAT and 7 years of experience as Oracle DBA and Business Analyst. I am an international student but working in US holding H1B and live in Georgia. Will I be treated as Georgia resident for tution fee? And are there any scholarships for international students?

Appreciate your help

Thanks for your interest in Georgia Tech. We look forward to receiving your MBA application for Fall 2014. Regarding the tuition, since you are classified as an international student you will be charged the non-resident tuition rate. We do offer merit based funding opportunities through our graduate assistantships. Graduate assistants are assigned to work with a faculty member or administrator in the College for up to 14 hours per week in exchange for a monthly salary and tuition reduction. These are a great way to help fund your studies. By applying in Round 1, you will have first consideration for funding.

Have a great day,
Re: Ask Georgia Tech MBA Admissions   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2013, 06:22