Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $333 Discount +$250 bonus)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 642 [1] , given: 6

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 07:52
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
bgpower,
The 50-pt guarantee is active for anyone with a baseline score - maxed at 680. This means if you've scored a 690 before, the guarantee applies to you if you score below a 730 (680+50). Your baseline score is determined by your prior GMAT score. If you have not taken the GMAT yet, then it is the average of your SAT score (math/verbal) minues 30 points to adjust for the more competitive GMAT Applicant pool.

Alternatively, any standardized test with percentile rankings can be used to find the corresponding percentile rankings and baseline GMAT score based on GMAC data. For example, a 60th percentile score on an exam other than the SAT would correspond with a baseline GMAT score of 590 - then with a 30point adjustment to the downside, the baseline score would be 560.

You can check out the GMATPill FAQs for more info.

As for your study approach - it looks like you have a lot of books / study material already. If you've gone through all of them and still not seeing any improvement - critical reasoning would tell you that studying more doesn't equate to score improvement. The pills focus on a tutoring approach that enables you to absorb thinking process while looking at a test question. This is as real-time as it gets because on exam day it's just between you and the computer screen giving you the test. There's no books to look at. It's all on the computer. Further, the videos focus on cutting out extraneous time so you don't have to waste your time through blank pauses, etc. You can skip right to the section of the video that you're stuck on - this helps you save hours on your studying and makes you more efficient.

As many will tell you, the exam is not just about knowing the material. It's about performance in real time - this means utmost confidence when attacking questions, and finishing the exam before time is up. Check out the pills and see if they're right for you.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

GMAT Pill GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 55

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 15:43
My gmat score is 640 and to be quite honest I have given up. I feel like i understand the strategy, the timing and the psychology. I have also reviewed all the necessary materials and I am not sure what else can be done on my case. Can gmat pill work for my case?
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 14:40
Expert's post
gmatfighter12 wrote:
My gmat score is 640 and to be quite honest I have given up. I feel like i understand the strategy, the timing and the psychology. I have also reviewed all the necessary materials and I am not sure what else can be done on my case. Can gmat pill work for my case?

Hi gmatfighter12,

Keep your head up. The 640/650 area is a common ceiling among many applicants. Going past this zone requires an edge in thought process - something that usually translates into speed.

We've had many students make the jump from 640 up over 700 - you can see their testimonials and official score reports on our homepage. But do your job and take a look at the free videos on our site. See if what we offer fits your learning needs. We take a very visual-based approach and we add an interactive question component that lets you practice 800+ questions. If you like what you see on the homepage, you'll love what's inside.

As always, we are here to assist you with your GMAT inquiries.

Note also that we now have iPhone, iPad, AND android apps - all of which help our students more easily navigate all the content on GMAT Pill. Just search "gmat pill" in the app/googleplay stores.

... and more

Manager
Manager

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 14:51
Thank you for answering. I am extremely nervous toward the next test so hopefully gmat pill can help me break that 700 barrier. I did watch the video (some not all) however, i find my approach similar to your so hopefully when i purchase and study I can find the mistakes in my approach. How do you organize the lesson (easy to hard??) I see that there are many ppl asking Zeke questions, would he be able to answer them all? Do you think the 6 pills can be completed in a month? It is holiday here in my country so I want to save at least 10 full studying days. Is this advisable to do so? Thanks
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 14:52
Expert's post
gmatfighter12 wrote:
Thank you for answering. I am extremely nervous toward the next test so hopefully gmat pill can help me break that 700 barrier. I did watch the video (some not all) however, i find my approach similar to your so hopefully when i purchase and study I can find the mistakes in my approach. How do you organize the lesson (easy to hard??) I see that there are many ppl asking Zeke questions, would he be able to answer them all? Do you think the 6 pills can be completed in a month? It is holiday here in my country so I want to save at least 10 full studying days. Is this advisable to do so? Thanks

Even if you are nervous, you should wake up each day with a sense of confidence as you start your studying. Fake it until you become it.

Video lessons first focus on frameworks. Then they focus on going through questions - divided between level 600 and level 700 questions. We have a trained staff that answers any overflow of questions.

The 6 pills are designed to be completed in 1 month by the somewhat ambitious individual. Please reference the 1 month study plan: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... study-plan

For busy professionals with day jobs Monday to Friday - you should definitely keep full day study sessions fro Saturday and Sunday.

... and more

Manager
Manager

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 05:59
I have purchased gmat pill package, and hopefully I can do a review on gmat pill very soon. How can I also request the gmat club test code? Thank you
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 16:12
Expert's post
gmatfighter12 wrote:
I have purchased gmat pill package, and hopefully I can do a review on gmat pill very soon. How can I also request the gmat club test code? Thank you

gmatfighter12 - please fill out this form: http://gmatclub.com/blog/sign-up-for-a- ... lub-tests/

... and more

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 13:35
Expert's post
Just a note that we are not fully mobile and cross-platform with our iPhone, Android, and iPad apps.

*800+ GMAT Videos
*500+ GMAT Practice Questions
*100+ GMAT Flashcard Drills
*Cross Platform: Sync Your Performance across Web, Android, iPhone/iPad
*Sort by % Correct
*Sort by # Views
*Sort by Correct/Incorrect
*Community Discussion through DISCUS
*Timer for each question

*Free Guest Account + 1-click Facebook Login
*Login with GMAT Pill Credentials for Premium Access

... and more

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 14:38
Hi GMATPill,
It's winter and snowing, I have nothing better to do while indoors so figured I should get started on GMAT studying. I'm new to this online course stuff. It sounds like the online course would save me a lot of time and let me study at my own pace. I know I'm stuck on a number of things - CR, RC and some DS from time to time. Obviously I want a good score so I want to do well in every section. If I take the GMATPill course, how can I tell that I'm making improvement?

By the way, I also have a hard time fitting in GMAT study time. When I'm home I'm pretty lazy. I bought the OG book but it's only half used - I can't bring it with me everywhere I go - especially at work. I can't just pull that book out in front of my coworkers/boss. How do I take care of this GMAT business? I have a few months before the warm weather kicks in.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 12:59
Expert's post
tstrogov85 wrote:
Hi GMATPill,
It's winter and snowing, I have nothing better to do while indoors so figured I should get started on GMAT studying. I'm new to this online course stuff. It sounds like the online course would save me a lot of time and let me study at my own pace. I know I'm stuck on a number of things - CR, RC and some DS from time to time. Obviously I want a good score so I want to do well in every section. If I take the GMATPill course, how can I tell that I'm making improvement?

By the way, I also have a hard time fitting in GMAT study time. When I'm home I'm pretty lazy. I bought the OG book but it's only half used - I can't bring it with me everywhere I go - especially at work. I can't just pull that book out in front of my coworkers/boss. How do I take care of this GMAT business? I have a few months before the warm weather kicks in.

Hi tstrogov85,

You'll be able to tell that you are improving when you realize you are answering questions much quicker and more accurately than you were before.

We also have a tracking platform that lets you keep track of which questions you got right or wrong - so you can review the ones you got wrong later. The platform comes with a timer so you can keep track of how much time you spend on each question.

In terms of fitting in GMAT study time - it's tough when you are a working professional. Luckily, we've worked out a solution with mobile apps to let you study on-the-go.

iPhone version
Android version
iPad version

... and more

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2013, 15:37
Hi Zeke,

Hope you are well.
Gmat Pill has rave reviews in this forum and elsewhere. I was keen on utilizing this program to crack the GMAT.
However, I am unable to make a payment as the transaction seems to decline each time.

Any help regarding this would be good.

Thanks.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 13:59
Expert's post
ursiddheart wrote:
Hi Zeke,

Hope you are well.
Gmat Pill has rave reviews in this forum and elsewhere. I was keen on utilizing this program to crack the GMAT.
However, I am unable to make a payment as the transaction seems to decline each time.

Any help regarding this would be good.

Thanks.

ursiddheart,
Your issue should most likely resolved by now - if not let me know. If your transaction declines, it may be due to your credit card so perhaps check that. If you're still having issues, send us an email at support@gmatpill.com and we can take a look at it.

... and more

Intern
Intern
WE: Marketing (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: $248 (44%) Discount - GMAT Pill Study Method - Online Course [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 18:50
gmatpill wrote:
Although most of our students looove the GMAT Pill Verbal Package--particularly in SC---the Quant package is pretty good too.

Download these formula sheets and practice questions with video explanations to get a taste of Problem Solving.

GMATPill is not for everyone. If you barely passed math in high school, please don't rely on our course! You will need extra help elsewhere. If you want to learn all the fancy grammatical terms like "subjunctive clause" or "logical predication"---please don't use our course! We teach only in very-easy-to-understand English.

On the other hand, if you want to focus on studying efficiently---preparing in as little time as possible--then that's what the GMAT Pill is good for.

Hi,

Is there a similiar link or download available for GMAT pill verbal package - I gave GMAT yesterday and messed up in Verbal - I dont know whether it was nerves or bad timing strategy. I was getting an an average 35-37 in GMAT prep tests( undiluted) but got only 28 :( yesterday. I am not sure if my approach to SC and CR is right hence looking for help from experts.

Thanks.

Deepak Kapoor
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: $248 (44%) Discount - GMAT Pill Study Method - Online Course [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2013, 07:27
Expert's post
deepri0812 wrote:
gmatpill wrote:
Although most of our students looove the GMAT Pill Verbal Package--particularly in SC---the Quant package is pretty good too.

Download these formula sheets and practice questions with video explanations to get a taste of Problem Solving.

GMATPill is not for everyone. If you barely passed math in high school, please don't rely on our course! You will need extra help elsewhere. If you want to learn all the fancy grammatical terms like "subjunctive clause" or "logical predication"---please don't use our course! We teach only in very-easy-to-understand English.

On the other hand, if you want to focus on studying efficiently---preparing in as little time as possible--then that's what the GMAT Pill is good for.

Hi,

Is there a similiar link or download available for GMAT pill verbal package - I gave GMAT yesterday and messed up in Verbal - I dont know whether it was nerves or bad timing strategy. I was getting an an average 35-37 in GMAT prep tests( undiluted) but got only 28 :( yesterday. I am not sure if my approach to SC and CR is right hence looking for help from experts.

Thanks.

Deepak Kapoor

Deepak,

We've already responded privately to you but will write out a few words here.

As for download links for verbal, we have a PDF of question marks up here for SC:
http://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrect ... Review.pdf

Note these are not the frameworks we use to attack SC questions. We also have some free sample RC passages with video explanations on our site here:
http://www.gmatpill.com/practice-questi ... -guide-rc/

Lastly, you can find some of the sample videos for the different sections on our home page at http://www.gmatpill.com

Hope that helps,
Zeke

... and more

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 16:00
Hi GMAT Pill,

Does your course include practice cat test? I saw the iPad app - and I like it very much.

Also wondering if I can take a practice test on the iPad?
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 05:55
Zeke, I can't find the 219$ verbal pill (RC, CR, SC + flash cards) on your website. I found it here in the marketplace section.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 05:41
Expert's post
elilogan25 wrote:
Hi GMAT Pill,

Does your course include practice cat test? I saw the iPad app - and I like it very much.

Also wondering if I can take a practice test on the iPad?

Eliogan25,

Yes we do have a practice cat test -- you can access it on the web. You technically can take the test via your safari browser on iPad -- it is not embedded inside the iPad app. The best experience is to take at a computer to simulate the actual test situation -- you won't be taking the actual GMAT on your iPad! Though I can see how that can be more comfortable than sitting at a computer to take it.

So bottom line, yes we have a practice cat test which you can retake up to 5 times. You can access it on iPad via your safari browser.

... and more

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 21 May 2013, 05:49
Expert's post
aporto wrote:
Zeke, I can't find the 219$ verbal pill (RC, CR, SC + flash cards) on your website. I found it here in the marketplace section.

Aporto,
It's a misprint actually and we've contacted GMATClub to update the figures. You can find the quant and verbal packages here:
http://www.gmatpill.com/amember/pricing.php

There is a full package discount (Quant + Verbal + IR) for gmatclub members - you can access the discount code by using gclub6612
The full package will give you all the pills as well as access to practice test, question platform, mobile apps, and OG13 Tracker.

Cheers,
Zeke

... and more

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 486 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 12:10
Expert's post
Hi zeke,
There has been some news moving around in the forums that GMAT is having trend shift towards short RC passages and probably doing away with the long passages gradually...

Could you please share your thoughts on this and let me know that whether do we need to practice only short RC passages now on-wards?

Appreciate your reply.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus) [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 10:56
Expert's post
Hi bagdbmba,

Yes, the GMAT is slowly trending towards more passages / fewer questions per passage.

What you should work on more is speed reading and time management.

Because the passages are shorter - that means there will be more of them. So you will need to quickly read the short passage, answer a few questions - then probably do an SC/CR question, then do another short RC passage with a few questions.

Reading the passages should be a little easier - since there will be fewer extraneous details in the shorter passage. But still, focus needs to be on those transition words, etc.

Having said the above, don't be surprised by a long passage - you still may see them - just not as common as before.

... and more

Re: Ask GMAT Pill (Video GMAT Course $373 Discount +$250 bonus)   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2013, 10:56