Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask IMD Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 09:55
Hi IMD Team,

Do you have career placement results for the 2012 class? The website still only shows 2011 and I am sure this is one of the main strengths of IMD (as seen by prospective candidates).

http://www.imd.org/programs/mba/careers ... esults.pdf

I was a bit concerned during my recent visit to IMD where an alumni mentioned that results in 2012 were not that great (which is subjective and I understand could have been a specific case). Would be great to get a directional understanding for placement results, if you don't have exact numbers. (how many companies visited, what proportion of students found a job at graduation /within 3 months, what % of jobs were career services assisted and student initiatives etc., industries etc.)

Thanks
Official Business School Representative
Status: The IMD MBA - 90 exceptional people who will shape the future of business
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 01:36
Hi,

As the class of 2012 graduated in December, we are currently consolidating the “3 months out” data and we will publish our career placement results in April.

Like last year, we will organise an online live chat with our Career Services Director where we will present the numbers and allow you to ask your questions.

Thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA
Tel: +41 (0)21 618 0298
Email: mbainfo(at)imd.ch

Last edited by imdadmissions on 31 May 2013, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
Status: The IMD MBA - 90 exceptional people who will shape the future of business

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 23:49
Hi Everyone,

For those of you interested, we are organising a virtual event on 7 May with our new program director, Ralf Boscheck:

Ralf Boscheck, our new MBA Program Director, will be chatting live about his plans to evolve the program in 2014 to ensure that we continue to develop global leaders who are ready to make a difference in the world. He invites you to join him to discuss how the business fundamentals will ensure you gain the skills to know; how in-depth experiential projects will give you the confidence to act; and how personal development will help you develop the humility to lead.

Date: Tuesday, 7 May 2013
Time: 15:00 / 3:00 PM, CEST – convert time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... =945&am=30
Register: http://www.imd.org/programs/mba/Come-an ... rogram.cfm

Hope you can join!

Best regards,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 09:51
Hi IMD Team,

I am preparing my application for the MBA for next year.

Once the IMD is my priority, I would like to know my chances of being admitted.

I have a degree in law, as well as a master's degree and a postgraduate degree in tax law.

I have +5 years of professional experience as a lawyer and as a consultant for companies in various countries, some outside the EU.

I am fluent in 4 languages​​.

Excluding the GMAT score, which I will do soon, is it worth applying to IMD?

Best regards

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 00:18
Hello,

Thanks for your interest in our MBA program. Please find here under the minimum requirements:
- Minimum 3 years full-time work experience (average 7 years)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- GMAT (average 675)
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- 3 letters of recommendation

We also look at the following elements in an application:
- Solid intellectual ability: the ability to grasp complex concepts and synthesize new knowledge rapidly.
- Strong career progression: increased responsibilities, knowledge acquired, and the impact you have made.
- Demonstrated leadership potential: vision and courage; empathy with others; ability to motivate and orchestrate.
- Far-reaching international outlook: time spent living outside your country of origin, international career, knowledge of foreign languages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn and contribute
- Strong values and unwavering integrity

I suggest you do “Assess Your Chances”, which is a free of charge mini application. Someone in our admissions team will get back to you with some feedback. http://link.imd.org/mba_ayc

Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions. Thanks!

Best regards,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 30 May 2013, 21:21
Hi everybody, hoping to apply next year to IMD. Wanted to discuss recently published IMD's 2012 placement results...

Average salary down by more than $10,000 ($142,412 to $131,566) and median salary by more than $20,000 ($140,648 to $119,049) since the placement report of 2011 !! What has happened?!?

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 06:26
Hello,

Thanks for your questions. For those who have not seen the sheet you can download a copy here: http://www.imd.org/programs/mba/careerservices/upload/Placement-results.pdf

A couple of things:

The exchange rate - the dollar is stronger compared to last year. If you look at the average salary in Euros, you’ll notice their is not much difference:
2012: € 102,104 = USD 131,566
2011: € 103,355 = USD 142,412

We also have an increasing number of 2012 graduates who work in Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia, where base salaries tend to be lower than western European countries, and impacts the median salary.

Here is an overview of the last four years:
2009 Average: USD 125,000 - € 86,600
2010 Average: USD 129,600 - € 97,700
2011 Average: USD 142,412 - € 103,355
2012 Average: USD 131,566 - € 102,104

I hope this clarifies your concerns. Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2013, 05:23
Hi IMD team,

I have a question about the degrees and transcripts which have to be sent with the application.
I have a Bachelor's (as well as a MSc) degree in German which, according to your site, has to be translated and legalized. As I don't intend to send the original document I received from my university, I will have to make a copy of it with a "true copies of the original" stamp and send it along with a version of it translated in English. Do I also have to send the original, legalized English translation or a photocopy of it will also suffice?

I am a little bit confused about the whole process, because it looks as if I have to provide 2 proven and genuine copies of my degree for each university I intend to apply.
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 04:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hi !

A lot of universities provide translated degree transcripts in English so you might want to check with your university if they can provide you one.

If this is not the case, you can make a copy of your degree and have it notified "true copy of the original" by school officials or other legal authorities such as embassies or notaries. Accompanying explanations, such as grade scales used, are useful.
You will also have to join a certified translation in English of your degree done by a translation agency. We need to receive the original translation.

Please contact us directly if this not clear.

Best regards,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 11:22
This is what I suspected :-). Thank you for your prompt response!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: Q V0
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 01 Jul 2013, 22:31
Hi IMD team;

I am planning to apply IMD for next year.
Are you planning any events in Turkey?

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 05:42
Hello,

We have not yet scheduled an event in Turkey but keep an eye on our events page.

If you ever travel to Switzerland, please feel free to join one of our official campus tours!
Dates can be found here: http://www.imd.org/programs/mba/Come-an ... Visits.cfm

Thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: Q V0
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 06:12
Thank you Mark;

For now it seems impossible for me to visit Switzerland but I hope I will be able to join, virtual events.

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 23:18
Hi,

Virtual visit are a good alternative to get an overview of the program, admissions and fees. We've received your registration, thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2013, 23:56
Is summer break at IMD over?

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2013, 23:07
Hi,

The MBA summer break is three weeks from 1st of July to 19th of July. Then the class goes off to the discovery expedition. Thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2013, 08:58
hi Mark,

I am an R3 applicant. I've a question regarding career treks. What exactly happens in a Career Trek and can I choose the career trek destination for me? Thanks for your reply.

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2013, 23:34
Hi,

Treks are organized between Career Services and interested participants to visit major multinational companies, meet local alumni and build up your local networks during July.
These treks are subject to demand and are optional. Previous destinations include Singapore and Dubai. Pleae not that the cost is not included in the program fees.

Thanks!

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 11:27
Hi, Mark,

Which position of IMD do you predict in the FT ranking of 2014? are you optimistic about it? As every one knows that IMD recorded its lowest place on FT rankings in 2013 (19th), is it possible to make an analysis ?

The ranking is just one of the factors to take into account, when candidates choose their target schools; but a low position does have negative influence on IMD’s brand.

Thank you!!

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2013, 23:00
Hello,

IMD understands that rankings are an important piece of information for MBA candidates and we take them seriously. All rankings depend both on the input of a school, as well as the relative standing of that input related to other schools. Consequently, we are not able to predict ranking outcomes.

We encourage all candidates to look carefully at the ranking criteria relative to your own interests and career goals and use the information accordingly.

Thanks,

Lisa

The IMD MBA