Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 07:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask IMD Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Official Business School Representative
Status: The IMD MBA - 90 exceptional people who will shape the future of business
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2011, 22:50
Dear Vivek,

Could you send us an email: mbainfo(at)imd.ch with your first and last name. We will check and get back to you. Thank you.

Best regards

Mark

The IMD MBA
Tel: +41 (0)21 618 0298
Email: mbainfo(at)imd.ch

Status: The IMD MBA - 90 exceptional people who will shape the future of business

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 23:18
Hi Everyone,

Our next admissions deadline is August 1, this is our fourth deadline for the of 2012 class. The last deadline is September 1. If you have any questions about your application, please feel free to ask us. You can find more inforamtion about our admissions process here: http://www.imd.org/mba-admissions.

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, IMD, Ross, Columbia
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 09:23
I have a question and would appreciate a quick answer. Can the 3 letters of recommendation be completed online by my recommenders? Or do they have to print the PDF and write on it?

Sorry the instructions are not to clear on the site. Would really appreciate a response, as my recommenders are incredibly busy people who dont have time to sit and write handwritten notes.

Thanks!!

To lead, learn first to follow

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2011, 23:33
Dear Ozzyk,

You can chose. When preparing the online application, under "additionnal documents", you have the possibility to either:
- fill in the contact details of your recommenders and we will then send them an email with the instructions.
Or either
- download the pdf, read the instructions on the pdf, and send it be mail/email to your recommender.

Thanks,

Best regards

Mark

The IMD MBA

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2011, 01:38
Hello Everyone,

Our last deadline for the class of 2012 is September 1.
You can find all the information needed about our admissions criteria and process here: IMD MBA Admissions

Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have regarding your application or the program.

Thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Retired Moderator
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 41

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2011, 09:26
Hi,

I have done my bachelors in business admin - 3 yrs full time , and I have done one year programme which i could attend through satellite medium of classes, so i could continue my job as well.

i have an experience of 10 yrs - full time.

So, as a whole the no of years of formal education i have taken till now is 15 yrs - full time , so can i apply or not ? or do you require me to complete 16 years of formal full time education?

cheers,

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

Amazing Platform

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 01:42
Hello hirendhanak,

The minimum requirements to apply to our MBA program are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- GMAT (average score 670 / 80% of MBA participants score between 620 and 750)
- Minimum three years full-time work experience (average is seven years / range is four to nine)
- Strong command of written and spoken English (TOEFL not required)
- One language in addition to English

If you are still unsure, please fill in our "Assess Your Chances" form. You will then get feedback from our admissions team: http://link.imd.ch/mba_ayc

Please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 94

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2011, 09:26
deleted

Last edited by dutchgerman17 on 28 Jun 2012, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 94

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 09:21
deleted

Last edited by dutchgerman17 on 28 Jun 2012, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2011, 07:22
Hi Mark,

I am considering applying for IMD MBA 2013 intake. The reason I've chosen IMD is because of its focus on industry and international diversity.

I am Chinese and have been living in Singapore for 8 years. By 2013, I will be working in semiconductor manufacturing industry for 6 years (plus 4 years PhD research from 2003-2007). The job focus now is product and yield engineering. I plan to go back to technology industry (GM or consulting) after MBA.

I have read through the 2011 IMD class profile and found that almost all of them already hold a "prestigious" title before MBA as "senior manager" or "director", or "founder". However, all I have now is technical background and experiences in production front line but not much direct exposure to "management". That is why I am applying for MBA now.

Thus, I would like to know how much would IMD consider a candidate's current title as advantage for admission? Does my profile look too "weak" in terms of current job title and responsibility from IMD adcom's point of view?

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 04:22
Dear robertlau,

This is Simone here, Mark's colleague. Thanks for your question.
Prestigious titles at your workplace are not of a big importance for the IMD MBA admissions process, no. When we look at the work experience in your application the most important aspect is in fact the quality of your experience: we look at how your responsibility has increased, the breadth and depth of the knowledge you have acquired in the workplace, and the impact you have made on your organization.

I hope this helps.
Best,
Simone

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2011, 05:01
imdadmissions wrote:
Dear robertlau,

This is Simone here, Mark's colleague. Thanks for your question.
Prestigious titles at your workplace are not of a big importance for the IMD MBA admissions process, no. When we look at the work experience in your application the most important aspect is in fact the quality of your experience: we look at how your responsibility has increased, the breadth and depth of the knowledge you have acquired in the workplace, and the impact you have made on your organization.

I hope this helps.
Best,
Simone

Hi Simone,

Thanks for the feedback.
I submitted IMD online access a week ago and was expecting the results.

Thanks.
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 04:19
I have Two questions......

1.I want to know How is IMD different from other business schools?

2.I have 2.5 Years Exp in a software industry and i have 86.5% in my 10th standard,88% in my high school and 81.1 in my under-graduation where do i stand in getting into IMD, and with my academics what is the required Gmat score to get into this business school?

Thanks in advance.........

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Manager
Manager
Schools: Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 05:32
Dear IMD Admissions members,

I posted my profile for assessment on 8 October, but haven't yet got a reply. Can you please estimate when I can expect an answer?

My second question concerns the admissions process. If I submit my application much earlier than the first round deadline, is there any chance that I my candidacy will be considered before the R1 deadline? Does IMD gather the "early birds" in Lausanne for an assessment days if there are enough candidates who applied early?
My question is due to the fact that IMD's deadlines do not correspond to the US schools deadlines and it gets difficult to manage the application process..

Thaks in advance!
Olga

"A leader is the one who climbs the tallest tree, surveys the entire situations, and yells, 'Wrong jungle!'" - Stephen Covey

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 06:57
Quote:
I have Two questions......

1.I want to know How is IMD different from other business schools?

2.I have 2.5 Years Exp in a software industry and i have 86.5% in my 10th standard,88% in my high school and 81.1 in my under-graduation where do i stand in getting into IMD, and with my academics what is the required Gmat score to get into this business school?

Thanks in advance.........

Dear Kotela,

IMD is a different from a number of business schools because we focus on executive education (middle to top management). Our full-time MBA program has one of the highest average age (31 years old) and work experience (7 years) in the world. It is an intense, one year, general management program which focuses on leadership development and we only accept 90 participants a year in the program.

To apply, you need to have a minimum of three years work experience (average is 7), a Bachelor Degree (or equivalent), a GMAT score (no minimum, but our average is 670) and a strong command of written/spoken English. To get a good overview about the participants who study here, please download our 2011 Class Profile.

Thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 07:07
Quote:
Dear IMD Admissions members,

I posted my profile for assessment on 8 October, but haven't yet got a reply. Can you please estimate when I can expect an answer?

My second question concerns the admissions process. If I submit my application much earlier than the first round deadline, is there any chance that I my candidacy will be considered before the R1 deadline? Does IMD gather the "early birds" in Lausanne for an assessment days if there are enough candidates who applied early?
My question is due to the fact that IMD's deadlines do not correspond to the US schools deadlines and it gets difficult to manage the application process..

Thaks in advance!
Olga

Dear Olga,

Regarding your profile assessment, could you send an email to mbainfo(at)imd.ch, we will then follow-up with you personally.

Unfortunately, we do not read any applications before the deadlines (February 1, April 1, June 1, August 1 and September 1). The first assessment days take place mid-March.
Our deadlines are different from most other schools because our program starts in January and finishes in December. Thanks.

Best regards

Mark

The IMD MBA

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 09:37
Dear IMD Ad Coms,
I am an Aspirant for the class of 2013. First of all let me thank you for your active presense on this forum. Much appreciated.

I submitted my "Assess your chances" and got a positive reply.. Thank you! :)

I wanted to know - Do you have any information sessions planned for North America Region (East coast/Mid West) in the US? The site does not give any information.

Also, if i wanted to schedule a school visit, Will the School provide some sort of document for me to secure a schengen visa?

My another issue is my recommendations.

Since I have just joined this new consulting firm, I would not want them to know of my long term plans just as yet. So for the same reason, i cannot ask my current manager for a recommendation letter. However my previous managers are more than willing to provide the same.
My question: Does it hurt me if I do not have a recommendation from my current manager?

I have close to 10 Years of work experience and planning to take the GMAT in March. I shall be shooting for the June 1 deadline next year.

Thanks!

Time to play the game...

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 01:49
Dear iamgame

Thanks for your interest.

We regularly go to the East Coast in spring and in fall for the QS World MBA Fairs. We do not have the 2012 dates available at the time but we will post them as soon as they are confirmed. Keep an eye on our http://www.imd.org/MBA-Visits page.

You do not need a document from IMD to obtain a Shengen visa. You can find details here on how to get one: Schengen Visa information

About your recommendations, we are aware and understand that it is not always possible to get one from a current manager. Just simply explain why. As you are a consultant, ask one of your clients to write one for your or ask one of your colleagues you've worked with on a project.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Best regards,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 09:34
Dear Mark,
Although I am unable to visit the campus in person, I have signed up for a virtual event to be held in January. I have been checking the website mentioned by you regularly for any planned events in the east coast however, none are planned as of now.
I am highly interested in interacting with the IMD community to gain further insight into the life at IMD which will help me connect even more with the vibrant culture.

I wanted to know, how does the virtual tour work? Will we be interacting with someone from IMD during the tour or will it be a "movie" sort of thing that will be shown giving a campus tour?

Thanks!

Time to play the game...

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 02:28
Dear iamgame,

We will be attending the MBA Tour in Washington DC on Feb. 2 and in New York on Feb. 4. We would be happy to meet you!

The Virtual Visit is a live session where Suzy will be giving a presentation about IMD, the MBA program, the admissions process and how to finance your MBA. There is also a chat available where you can type in your questions.

If you are interested in talking with IMD MBA Alumni who are located in the East Cost, please fill in our contact alumni form.

Thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA