Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 04:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask IMD Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Oracle Certified Professional
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2012, 00:23
Dear Admission Directors,

Thank you for keeping up this good work. I applied for the IMD social responsibility scholarship on the deadline, Today! It's way to close for my comfort and I was expecting an acknowledgement to ease me up a bit. I've just got the following reply form the 'MBAFinance@imd.ch'

Dear Sender,
Thank you for your email. We are aware of the challenges of financing an MBA, and hope that we can help you to find a solution. All the scholarships and loans IMD offers are only available to participants who have already been accepted into the IMD Full-time MBA program.

Loans

The IMD MBA finance committee works with two Swiss banks to provide student loans. As there are only a limited number of loans and funds available, the committee allocates financial assistance to individuals who demonstrate no alternative sources of funding for their IMD MBA. Applications for loans can be submitted up until November, by returning the Financial Aid Application Form as well as all supporting documents.

Scholarships

We also have a variety of scholarships available. The deadline for all IMD MBA scholarship applications is September 30. Criteria for these varies for each, so we recommend that you check the detailed scholarship list and related requirements on the IMD MBA Scholarships' webpage.
IMD Social Responsibility Scholarship
You are a talented social entrepreneur or working for an NGO in an emerging country. You would like a top international MBA to expand your horizons so that you can go back and make a difference. Please find detailed information on IMD MBA Scholarships' webpage. Please note that the deadline for the 2013 MBA class is now closed and no further applications will be accepted.

IMD MBA Program

More information about the IMD MBA Program is available on our website: http://www.imd.org/mba
If you have already been accepted into the IMD MBA Program or if you are an Alumni, we will answer your request within the next two working days.
Best regards,

IMD MBA Finance Committee

I'm a bit confused on this so can you please help with the following questions?

# Is this a default reply and does it confirm the acknowledgement?
# Will I get a formal acknowledgement?
# Is it a problem if apply just on the deadline?
# Can i query you here on the progress or updates or anything regarding my application?

Thank you very much.
Rupok

imdadmissions wrote:
Quote:

This is Rupok from Bangladesh. I'm planning to apply for the IMD SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY SCHOLARSHIP. I would be obliged if you can please get back to me with the answers of the following queries;

# How to send in the scholarship application? Hard copies? the site mentions the following about the process and states that the MBA application process will follow after this scholarship selection process. So can you please confirm if I need to send in only hard copies?

Send the following information by July 15, 2012 to be considered for the IMD MBA program starting in January 2014:
Answer the 5 scholarship essay questions below
Submit your personal information form
Submit your detailed university transcripts
Send 2 signed letters of recommendation
Submit the IMD financial aid application with all supporting documents

# Is bangladesh an emerging country from your perspective? As the scholarship criteria mentions about emerging country residents but doesn't mention specific countries.
# What if I have an MBA already from a Bangladeshi University?
# What about the IMD, MIT Collaboration? is it still operational?
# If I get the social responsibility scholarship, will i be elligible for anohter scholarship?
# How many students are awarded this Social Responsibility Scholarship?

Thank you.

Dear Rupok,

You can send all the documents by email to mbafinance@imd.ch, no need to send hard copies.

Quote:
#Is bangladesh an emerging country from your perspective? As the scholarship criteria mentions about emerging country residents but doesn't mention specific countries.

Yes, Bangladesh is considered as a developing country.

Quote:

You will have to explain why you want a second MBA and why from IMD.

Quote:

The partnership with MIT is not related to the MBA program but the Driving Strategic Innovation (DSI) program.

Quote:
# If I get the social responsibility scholarship, will i be elligible for anohter scholarship?

If you get the social responsibility scholarship you cannot be elligible for another scholarship. You will have to apply for a bank loan.

Quote:

One social responsibility scholarship is available.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Mark
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 500 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2012, 00:19
Dear Mark,

Most of top US schools often publish their acceptance rates.
I am wondering what is the acceptance rate % at IMD?
I know that given the specific of school it may be different, but I am intersted from the statistics point of view and dont tend to compare rates.

thanks !

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Official Business School Representative
Status: The IMD MBA - 90 exceptional people who will shape the future of business
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2012, 01:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hello there,

The IMD MBA program is a bit particular in the sense that we accept exactly 90 students per year. Since application numbers change from year to year that means that the acceptance rate also changes every year. As a number I can give you that on average, we receive about 400-500 applications per intake.

Best regards,
Simone for the IMD MBA team

The IMD MBA
Tel: +41 (0)21 618 0298
Email: mbainfo(at)imd.ch

Status: The IMD MBA - 90 exceptional people who will shape the future of business

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2012, 01:17
kingme wrote:

Thank you for keeping up this good work. I applied for the IMD social responsibility scholarship on the deadline, Today! It's way to close for my comfort and I was expecting an acknowledgement to ease me up a bit. I've just got the following reply form the 'MBAFinance@imd.ch'

Dear Sender,
Thank you for your email. We are aware of the challenges of financing an MBA, and hope that we can help you to find a solution. All the scholarships and loans IMD offers are only available to participants who have already been accepted into the IMD Full-time MBA program.

Loans

The IMD MBA finance committee works with two Swiss banks to provide student loans. As there are only a limited number of loans and funds available, the committee allocates financial assistance to individuals who demonstrate no alternative sources of funding for their IMD MBA. Applications for loans can be submitted up until November, by returning the Financial Aid Application Form as well as all supporting documents.

Scholarships

We also have a variety of scholarships available. The deadline for all IMD MBA scholarship applications is September 30. Criteria for these varies for each, so we recommend that you check the detailed scholarship list and related requirements on the IMD MBA Scholarships' webpage.
IMD Social Responsibility Scholarship
You are a talented social entrepreneur or working for an NGO in an emerging country. You would like a top international MBA to expand your horizons so that you can go back and make a difference. Please find detailed information on IMD MBA Scholarships' webpage. Please note that the deadline for the 2013 MBA class is now closed and no further applications will be accepted.

IMD MBA Program

More information about the IMD MBA Program is available on our website: http://www.imd.org/mba
If you have already been accepted into the IMD MBA Program or if you are an Alumni, we will answer your request within the next two working days.
Best regards,

IMD MBA Finance Committee

I'm a bit confused on this so can you please help with the following questions?

# Is this a default reply and does it confirm the acknowledgement?
# Will I get a formal acknowledgement?
# Is it a problem if apply just on the deadline?
# Can i query you here on the progress or updates or anything regarding my application?

Thank you very much.
Rupok

imdadmissions wrote:
Quote:

This is Rupok from Bangladesh. I'm planning to apply for the IMD SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY SCHOLARSHIP. I would be obliged if you can please get back to me with the answers of the following queries;

# How to send in the scholarship application? Hard copies? the site mentions the following about the process and states that the MBA application process will follow after this scholarship selection process. So can you please confirm if I need to send in only hard copies?

Send the following information by July 15, 2012 to be considered for the IMD MBA program starting in January 2014:
Answer the 5 scholarship essay questions below
Submit your personal information form
Submit your detailed university transcripts
Send 2 signed letters of recommendation
Submit the IMD financial aid application with all supporting documents

# Is bangladesh an emerging country from your perspective? As the scholarship criteria mentions about emerging country residents but doesn't mention specific countries.

Thank you.

Dear Rupok,

You can send all the documents by email to mbafinance@imd.ch, no need to send hard copies.

Quote:
#Is bangladesh an emerging country from your perspective? As the scholarship criteria mentions about emerging country residents but doesn't mention specific countries.

Yes, Bangladesh is considered as a developing country.

Quote:

You will have to explain why you want a second MBA and why from IMD.

Quote:

The partnership with MIT is not related to the MBA program but the Driving Strategic Innovation (DSI) program.

Quote:

If you get the social responsibility scholarship you cannot be elligible for another scholarship. You will have to apply for a bank loan.

Quote:

One social responsibility scholarship is available.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Mark

Dear Rupok,

Since we receive numerous emails during the scholarship deadline period we have set the automated email response in place which you quote above. You will receive an official acknowledgement of your scholarship application within the next days, once we have processed everything. It is not a problem that you applied on the deadline day itself. If you have any questions about the status of your application I would like to ask you to write directly to the mbafinance@imd.ch email address mentioned by Mark. We do not give updates through this forum. Please be aware that you will receive all necessary information and key dates for the scholarship decisions in our official communication emails to you.

Best regards,
Simone

The IMD MBA

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 500 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2012, 11:05
imdadmissions wrote:
Hello there,

The IMD MBA program is a bit particular in the sense that we accept exactly 90 students per year. Since application numbers change from year to year that means that the acceptance rate also changes every year. As a number I can give you that on average, we receive about 400-500 applications per intake.

Best regards,
Simone for the IMD MBA team

Hi,
thanks a lot, +1kudos.
that seems to be close to some top US schools.

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 23

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2012, 02:28
Hello Adcom
Can I ask if IMD releases any official real time update ..40 admitted...20 waitlisted ..something like
that to help ease the speculations on such forums.
Most of the posts I am reading mention a waiting period of 7 to 10 days from the assessment day which is very good I must say.
Does this mean that a decision is taken after a collective view of 2-4 batches of assessment ?
Appreciate some insights ^_^

Thanks
imd2013
1 KUDOS received

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2012, 04:17
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

You will get an answer within 10 business days after the date you did the assessment day. It’s the time it takes us to go through the files and get the feedback from the assessment day.

We don’t have official real time updates of who accepted for confidential reasons but keep in mind we take ~15-20 people per deadline, we have done February and April deadlines and are currently interviewing June deadline.

Hope this helps, thanks,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB, IMD, INSEAD
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2012, 22:01
Dear adcom,

The final round deadline is fast approaching and hence I request you to reply my queries.

1. I have got a positive response from the adcom for "assess my chances". However i have been asked to highlight atleast my international exposure since i do not possess any international experience. For the past two and a half years, i have been working with an indian organization acquired by sanofi aventis. But yes, i got exposed to their standard operating procedures. How good is to portray this?

2. I am a dentist by education and clinical researcher by profession. I have a gmat score of 670 and a work experience of 5 years in medical e-learning and clinical research, out of which 3 years is managerial experience. I am right now working as an assistant manager for sanofi aventis in india. I am looking at my career advancement and I did not find anyone from a similar profile in the previous mba class. Can you kindly correct me if i am wrong.

3. What chance do i stand for admission if i apply for this last round. I read that reapplications are not accepted at imd. So should i wait for an year?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance,

Ramya

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2012, 23:46
Dear Ramya,

1) Thank you for submitting an Assess Your Chances form. International exposure is: time spent living outside your country of origin, the international scope of your career or your knowledge of foreign languages. If you don’t have international exposure, please wait before you apply.

2) Regarding MBA profiles, it changes each year. What is important is your career progression and that you are business oriented. Pharmaceutical is an area where we place a number of our graduates each year.

3) We don’t like to talk about chances of being accepted, if you have a good profile and fit in well with the class, you will be accepted. If you have doubts and can wait, then you might want to postpone your application to next year. We don’t refuse reapplications, but do recommend you wait a year or two before reapplying.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2012, 03:34
Dear Mark,

Every business school talks a lot about diversity in its classroom. Diversity can be displayed not only by age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, professional expereince, but also by disabiilty. As disabled candidates have to run an extra mile to be on par with the able-bodied candidates, I beleive that disability is also a diversity. As IMD places many MBA candidates in the pharmaceutical companies, the disabled candidates can bring different perspectives to the classrom and work. As IMD has an essay for the disabled candidates, I wonder whether IMD admits disabled candidates as IMD MBA program considered the most intense program in the world? If yes, please inform me the number of disabled candidates admitted in the past especially last three years.

Not only for IMD, but also for other busienss schools, I am not able to find the number of disabled candidates admitted.

Thanks in advance.

Gerpanland
1 KUDOS received

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 05:59
This post received
KUDOS
Dear Gerpanland,

Sorry, we’re a bit late with our reply!

When talking about diversity, most business schools talk about nationality. At IMD, there are many diversity elements that are taken into consideration during our admissions process. None have more advantage/disadvantage than the others; it is part of who you are. Our admissions process is designed to understand who you are, where you are from, what you have accomplished and how an IMD MBA will help your career.

Everyone has a different definition of the word “disability”? We want to make sure you are capable of following our challenging program and most importantly that you will not fail your year. This is why our 9th essay is “Do you have a disability or illness that could affect your performance at IMD? If so, please explain.

Regarding numbers, unfortunately we can’t publish medical data for confidential reasons.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions. You can also email us at mbainfo@imd.org

Best regards,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 04:16
Dear Team,

Thanks for replying my previous query. I am proficient in three languages as of now. If I learn another language, will that anyway help with the international exposure?

Thanks,

Ramya

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 05:37
Hello Ramya,

We do consider knowledge of foreign languages as international outlook. If you are already proficient in three languages then show us other elements like time spent living outside your country of origin or the international scope of your career.

Best regards,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 20:19
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I sent you a PM and I request you to address.

Regards,

Ramya

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2012, 00:08
Thanks, I've responded to your PM.

Best,

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 07:22
Hi Mark/ IMD team,

Thanks for your active participation in this forum. I have a question on the importance you attribute to the under-graduate GPA in your applicants. Is this a key quotient in the process and do you want applicants, who have an average/low GPA, to address this in their application.

I pose this question because I was surprised that GPA became a point of discussion when I interviewed with another top ranked school, despite my work experience that spans over 9 years with several achievements that are more relevant predictors of success. If this is not a big factor, I plan to use up the additional essay for another achievement that enriches my profile instead of retrospection into my low GPA.

Thanks for your time and perspective.

Cheers
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 10:07
Hi Mark

I had applied to the MBA program last year (in 2012) and was waitlisted.

Are waitlisted candidates permitted to reapply. I have increased my international experience since my last application and wanted to reapply to IMD.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 01:12
Quote:
Hi Mark/ IMD team,

Thanks for your active participation in this forum. I have a question on the importance you attribute to the under-graduate GPA in your applicants. Is this a key quotient in the process and do you want applicants, who have an average/low GPA, to address this in their application.

I pose this question because I was surprised that GPA became a point of discussion when I interviewed with another top ranked school, despite my work experience that spans over 9 years with several achievements that are more relevant predictors of success. If this is not a big factor, I plan to use up the additional essay for another achievement that enriches my profile instead of retrospection into my low GPA.

Thanks for your time and perspective.

Cheers

Hi,

Your GPA is useful to have, but it’s not a crucial part of the application. It’s sometimes interesting for admissions to compare the GPA and the GMAT score, and this could also come up in an interview.

Elements like your career progression and international outlook are more important. We are more interested in your professional performance than your academic performance.

Hope this helps, thanks,

Mark

Quote:
Hi Mark

I had applied to the MBA program last year (in 2012) and was waitlisted.

Are waitlisted candidates permitted to reapply. I have increased my international experience since my last application and wanted to reapply to IMD.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Could you contact the admissions office: mba.application[at]imd.org ?
Thanks!

Mark

The IMD MBA

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 01:21
Hi IMD Team,

I have a further question about assessment. I have submitted the "Assess Your Chances Survey" on the website and received your feedback by email. Here is the main assessment to my case:
"Based on the information you provided in the survey, there seems to be a good fit between your profile and the IMD MBA requirements. We encourage you to submit a full application when ready."

Thanks for your colleague for this quick response. I am just wondering if this is a pretty standard response, since I don't see any more detailed things about my profile such as any possible weakness or any concerns you may have. Or does that mean I really have a "good fit" with IMD so I can apply with fully confidence? :-)

Thank you very much.

Re: Ask IMD Admissions [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 01:53
Hello!

Thanks for submitting an “Assess Your Chances”!

The aim of our “Assess Your Chances” is to provide you with a feedback on whether your profile fits our requirements or not.

In your case, your profile meets our requirements. If something was missing like e.g. international outlook or career progression, we would let you know. Thanks!

Best regards

Mark

The IMD MBA