Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IESE '16
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
Kudos
varunchand,
If my memory serves me right, your references can still upload their letters after the app deadline for a period of 2 weeks or so. Reach out to the admission team for confirmation as things might have changed
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: IESE '16
Send PM
Kudos
Sanchay,
1) letters are uploaded online by your references. After you complete their details on your MBA app, then you will have the option to send them an online request to their email addresses and your references will have to take it from there etc.
2) INSEAD is known for its comprehensive essays and that's for a reason. I think 6 out of 8 are mandatory and 2 optional assuming this has not changed.
Profile - it's tough to say as it's not black n white. My 2 cents, don't look at the number of degrees or certifications or experiences ... what matters is the contributions, the decisions, the changes ...
Please note that I am not part of the INSEAD team so I would reach out to them with further confirmations on your queries
g'luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 121
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.45
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
souptik wrote:
Hi,

I am preparing for GMAT with a 4month study plan in mind.
I am willing to go for 1yr FT MBA program. So, INSEAD is my first choice without any doubt.
Now, my age is 33+. Can this be a hinderance to get selected?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Souptik

When do you plan to apply ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Surprised nobody has replied to you. The video interview deadline is 48h from application deadline, not your specific submission. That means that you can submit on the 9th and have more than a week to prepare the interview. Best of luck!

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
cb230191 wrote:
Surprised nobody has replied to you. The video interview deadline is 48h from application deadline, not your specific submission. That means that you can submit on the 9th and have more than a week to prepare the interview. Best of luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Thanks cb230191, oozefish congratulations on completing the application and I confirm 48 hours after the deadline. Of course you don't want to play games with this too much because the servers are kind of overloaded around that time of course. So I would strive for 36 hours at the max. cb230191 not too surprising that INSEAD have not yet responded to something posted less than a day ago because it is the weekend.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
ag1991 wrote:
Hi there,

I had a couple of questions regarding the application for the Jan 2021 intake.

- It mentions on the website that the deadline is Aug 5, 2020 for R4 however on the application portal it says July 1, 2020. What is the accurate deadline?
- Secondly, do I need to provide official email addresses of my recommenders or does personal email ID work?

Thanks,
Ananya

Hi Ananya,

1. The portal reflects the earliest deadline available to you for submission, which in this case is R3 (July 1). In case you do not submit your application before that the application automatically gets carried forward to the next round
2. Yes. Official email IDs are always encouraged. A personal email ID would be a red flag and will be subject to higher scrutiny. Unless your recommender is from your family business, personal mail IDs will most likely not be accepted

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
MBAnBevaluations wrote:
Hi Timosius,

On the surface, your profile looks very competitive and quantitative. Insead puts great stress on international experience and from this angle, you seem to have a great shot at the school. For your concern about GMAT score, you have got a perfect score in your college and with a quantitative background, it does not seem much of a problem. Also, if this helps you comfort, we have recently helped a candidate, with a 670 gmat, get invited to Insead interview(awaiting results) and that too in R3! So, you stand a fair chance at the schools considering all these aspects. Having said that, if you feel you have the potential of doing better, you should go for retake, because as it goes, the higher, the better (maybe you want to work on your calmness because you are doing good at mocks and may want to reach your potential). You are welcome to hop on a call with us for any of your concerns, we are here to help you :) Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma, INSEAD Alumnus
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond

Timosius wrote:
Hi all,

I am applying for the September 2021 intake. Preferably, I would like to apply for Round 1 (deadline: 11 September).

Recently I have taken the GMAT and scored a 690 (Q44/V41). Whilst I scored Q48/Q49 on the practice tests, something about taking the actual test makes me nervous. As a result, I made some silly mistakes in the quantitative section, resulting in a lower score. Would you advise me to retake the GMAT to aim for a higher quantitative score? I am a tad bit frightened that the quantitative score can be a dealbreaker, even though I have a highly quantitative background.

Background: I am 28 years old and from Western Europe. Graduate degree in Engineering (4.0 GPA). Whilst studying at the university, I had my own retail company for 5 years. Since graduating, I have worked as a Strategy Consultant for 2.5 years (highly focused on analytics) at a large well-known consulting firm. Furthermore, I have a high degree of international experience (worked and lived in South Africa for 6 months; worked on projects in the United States, United Kingdom and Serbia; briefly studied in London; travelled to around 30 countries in South-East Asia, South America and Europe).

Thank you for your analysis. Much appreciated! I will probably book another session in that case.
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Hi saikarthikreddy!

Thank you for your question! You're our very first inquisiter :-D

INSEAD does not have an absolute requirement for years of work experience, although at least two years is preferred. Participants in our current class have an average of nearly six years work experience, with the range being between two and ten. However, applicants with less experience who demonstrate exceptional maturity and outstanding leadership through their professional and personal experiences will also be considered.

Camille
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Hello! I have 4 questions.

1). Are INSEAD students issued business cards by the school for networking purposes? If not, do many students produce their own?

2). Does career services help enrolled students with pre-MBA internships?

3). Are INSEAD interviews conducted exclusively in English or is the applicant's knowledge of other languages (mentioned in the application) tested by the interviewer, if appropriate?

4). Do you prefer international experience to be in a professional context? Does "personal" international experience have the same weight (i.e. growing up in various countries and attending international schools)?

Originally posted by FatRiverPuff on 15 Feb 2012, 22:49.
Last edited by FatRiverPuff on 16 Feb 2012, 03:21, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 404 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi ,

To apply is international experience mandatory ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear Insead Adcom

I am an aspiring candidate for the January 2013 intake at Insead. I realise that Insead does not provide any pre-assessment of profiles for admission to MBA program but i just need one piece of advice with respect to the average GMAT score for the pool of candidates which i belong to.

A Brief about my profile

GMAT score - 650
Target - Jan 2013
Citizenship - Indian
Education - From one of the best schools in India
Workex - 6.5 years by the time of intake
Location - Currently based in United States. Lived and worked globally.
Extra - Doing community service for last couple of years. Passionate dancer - represented at national and international level.

I have been advised that the pool of candidates in which i will lie is highly competitive and my GMAT score is very low compared to average score of students in that pool. So i should reattempt GMAT and the apply by the June Deadline(2nd round) instead of the April Deadline(1st round).

Regards
Send PM
abhi47 wrote:
Hi ,

To apply is international experience mandatory ?

Hi Abhi47,

Rather than international experience we talk about 'international motivation'. By this, we mean cross-culturally sensitive and with an international outlook. This can take the form of any international experience, be it professional (working in a foreign country, working on a daily basis with other countries etc...) or personal (like growing up in another country or travelling the world regularly and extensively).

Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear Camille,

Thank you for this great thread,

I have two questions:

1-) Do you have any limitations on the Wharton exchange program ( if I want to do this exchange is it certain? ) and how long will I spend at Wharton?

2-) I am wondering the difference for the 1st round and the 2nd round..( I am thinking jan-2013 entrance).. In terms of admission ratio.. ( p.s I am not thinking any kind of scholarship)

thank you,
Best
Send PM
Hello akinakbiyik,

Quote:
1-) Do you have any limitations on the Wharton exchange program ( if I want to do this exchange is it certain? ) and how long will I spend at Wharton?

We can offer around 30 seats for Wharton exchange (and around 15 seats for Kellogg). Not all Wharton exchange demands are granted. The main advantage of the INSEAD-Wharton alliance is that there's no need to make a fully independent application, however you will still need to go through a thorough internal selection. Students exchange for 1 period i.e. 2 months.
Learn all about INSEAD Campus exchange policy on our website! (sorry, i'm not allowed to post URLs yet :lol: )
You'll find this info under MBA Programme/Campuses/Campus exchange

Quote:
2-) I am wondering the difference for the 1st round and the 2nd round..( I am thinking jan-2013 entrance).. In terms of admission ratio.. ( p.s I am not thinking any kind of scholarship)

Ratio admitted:total files received is the same for Round 1, Round 2 AND Round 3!!

Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 327 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.45
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Really helpful! thanks a lot..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2093 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hi,

Can you please elaborate of your foreign language requirements.

Originally posted by boomtangboy on 20 Feb 2012, 04:20.
Last edited by boomtangboy on 21 Feb 2012, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
boomtangboy wrote:
Hi,

Can you please elaborate of your foreign language requirements.

I invite you to read INSEAD's language policy on our website. Then if you have more specific questions I'll be happy to answer.
https://mba.insead.edu/admissions/languages.cfm

Camille
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts