Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask INSEAD Admissions [#permalink]
Waxer,

I recommend that you chose your 2 professional references as 'official' references. You are also allowed to submit a 3rd recommendation letter if you wish. There are no format imposed, so it can take the form of an email, a word document or a PDF.

Cheers,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT Date: 05-31-2012
Send PM

Originally posted by morya003 on 31 May 2012, 10:54.
Last edited by morya003 on 09 Aug 2012, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi, Insead team
I have several questions regading filling the application form. can you please help with them?

1) Academic Degree - FINAL GRADE* (p.5). In my Institute we had 5 points scale (5 - Excellent, 4- good etc.) plus we had pass/not passed Subjects. How can I calculate my final grade?
2) PREVIOUS FULL-TIME POSITIONS: STARTING GROSS ANNUAL SALARY (p.7). To which position this field relates to?
3) Please list part-time work, internships and summer jobs starting with your most recent position (p. 7) - Is it required for a person with 9 years of full-time jobs?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Dear INSEADadmissions,

I am planning to apply for Jan 2013 intake. I have already had an invitation from one of the BS. .

The deadline for round 2 is June 20. I am planning to submit my application on July 10, which is the 3 round. How fast my application will be reviewed? Will the Adcom wait till the deadline of the 3 round, August 16? How much time does the whole admission process take?

I am asking this question because I want to know about INSEAD Adcoms decision before I accept another offer.
Send PM
Dear Insead

Can we send our CV and scores to you for initial assessment before making the online application.
Please kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards

Hi
Due to a very large number of prospective candidates, we do not offer individual CV review. If you a specific questions/point of concerns, i'm happy to help you with that.

Cheers,
Camille

Originally posted by INSEADadmissions on 06 Jun 2012, 02:17.
Last edited by INSEADadmissions on 10 Aug 2012, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Rice wrote:
Dear INSEADadmissions,

I am planning to apply for Jan 2013 intake. I have already had an invitation from one of the BS. .

The deadline for round 2 is June 20. I am planning to submit my application on July 10, which is the 3 round. How fast my application will be reviewed? Will the Adcom wait till the deadline of the 3 round, August 16? How much time does the whole admission process take?

I am asking this question because I want to know about INSEAD Adcoms decision before I accept another offer.

Hi Rice,
The entire admission process can take up to 12 weeks. It is possible that you get an early decision but we cannot guaranty this. Don't hesitate to contact your admission officer to let her know of your time constrains. If they can help, they will.

Best,
Camille
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Thanks a lot, Camille
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Camille,
can you please have a look at my questions please? Or is it wrong place to ask them?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi

Would INSEAD consider someone who already holds an MBA degree from a top 10 B-school in India? Pre MBA work-ex of 2 yrs and post MBA work-ex of 4 years?

Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Does INSEAD accept applicants from college - either directly after college or through a deferred admission?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.44
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I hope you return Camille because boy do I have questions for you!

1.) Tell me about this Abu Dhabi campus. Can I please spend some time at it?

2.) How rare is it for special language classes to form at the France campus? I am particularly interested in Mandarin and Arabic.

3.) Do I understand correctly that I don't have to take a foreign language test until I am ready to enroll in INSEAD?

4.) How awesome would it be to go to INSEAD? I bet it would be the greatest!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
upto my knowledge all the country have their rules and even they keep on changing every year, so if you are interested in abu dubai then you have to get an updates for that particular country.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi Camille,

Thanks for your time in clarifying the queries from the team here. I have a very specific question around the range of experience in a typical class @ INSEAD. I have close to 14 yrs of work experience and would like to understand if this kind of experience is way above your cut-off range, if there is one !!! Appreciate your clarification on this.

Thanks,
Hanumath.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 177 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I am planning to apply for INSEAD 2013 intake. I am a computer science graduate (Bachelor of engineering) from an unversity in India where all the courses were taught in only English language. I am wondering how can I prove that in my application?

The language policy is no where mentioned explicitly in my marksheets or degree certificate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.44
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
syog wrote:
I am planning to apply for INSEAD 2013 intake. I am a computer science graduate (Bachelor of engineering) from an unversity in India where all the courses were taught in only English language. I am wondering how can I prove that in my application?

The language policy is no where mentioned explicitly in my marksheets or degree certificate.

I know its a bit of the blind leading the blind over here, but until Camille gets back I guess we only have each other. I would not think that you would need to prove that your University level classes were in English.

1.) I would not really doubt that they were, since it is India.

2.) I don't think INSEAD will care that much about the language they were held in since you will have to pass language tests anyway.

Of course, an answer from Camille would be a lot better.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Can you please comment on opportunities for spouses? Can they for instance attend classes, use campus facilities, attend official events, and so on. Many thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi INSEAD Team,

I will be applying for 2013 Sept batch and hope to send my best application.

I would like to know if someone with strong undergrad and a tough post grad clubbed with unique experiences of investment banking and micro-finance/social impact funding but an average GMAT score of say 650 will be looked down upon?

Does coming from an over represented pool of Indians but no engineering and IT background help? I have a BA in Economics from one of India's oldest economics colleges and a masters from a top British university along with the work experience mentioned above. I have significant experience in front end M&A and private equity advisory and managerial experience as a principal manager of strategy and new initiatives with a big Indian micro-finance firm.

I think INSEAD is a good fit with its recent focus on social entrepreneurship (my long term future goal). Hoping to get your views on my profile and the hurdles i might face.'

Thank you for taking the time out to reply. Appreciate it.

Regards
sarveshmehta
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts