Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.17
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: London Business School (LBS) - Class of 2002
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Ask Marvel Admissions [#permalink]
Background
• Rich experience in Design, Innovation and Competitive Product Development.
• Due to keen interest in Design in general and Transportation Design in particular, pursued Engineering education to earn Masters in Design (Product Design &Engg.) from I.I.Sc. Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science) and also pursued professional career in Vehicle Design with two Top Automotive Companies in the World and India respectively.
• Experience evolved working through corporate design gates/processes & interaction with various stakeholders and vendors; close participation through cross functional teams in business processes like product definition, product planning, market positioning & innovation activities.
• In-depth understanding of design tools & methodologies; System/Process Design & IPR landscaping.
• Undertook initiatives in multidisciplinary/multicultural environments & in navigating uncertainty/handling ambiguity, championing customer focus & multidimensional problem solving with full confidence.
• Worked as a design lead and design jury member on various professional assignments.
• Wish to integrate formal knowledge in design with a penchant for enterprise creation to start an organization devoted to creating next generation mobility solutions. An MBA education in this regard would go a long way in helping me realize this objective.

Academics
• BE (Mechanical Engineering) 2003: 70%
• Masters in Design (IISc, Bangalore) 2008: 6.9/8.0 (10 students accepted into the prestigious design program every year from a pool of 10,000+ applicants)
• GMAT: 730

Professional Experience
• Years: 6 years (as on August 2014) in the Design Studio and R&D Centre and prior 2 years (2004-2006) at General Motors.
• Designation: Manager (ADVANCED DESIGN)
• Profile: Responsible for Exterior Design of Next-Generation Passenger Vehicles. Several projects are in production and have been displayed in International Auto Shows.

Achievements
• Responsible for exterior design of next gen vehicles (3); responsible for design of concept vehicles (2) showcasing the future vision of the company.
• Lead the future vision activities of the department through the design function.
• Exposed to vision/pre-concept research/positioning/branding/conceptual development/production design/systems development/integration and marketing aspects of full scale product (vehicle) development.
• I have completed one full ‘level 6’ (new platform) production vehicle program with exterior and interior design.
• Lead team in simulated enterprise creation & management workshops with spectacular results.
• I also mentor junior members of the team.

Extra-Curricular
• One of the top 50 innovators selected in India Innovation Growth Program in 2014 (Partners: Department of Science and Technology Govt of India; Lockheed Martin Corporation USA; Stanford Business School; University of Austin Texas)
• I am also an active member of the design team working on CSR activities of my organization in rural school development and modernization.
• Design Jury for one of the most prestigious design competitions in India for the year 2013.

Certification:
Several relevant to Product Development and Business Development through Design, several in core competencies and allied fields.
For example:
Interpretation by Design (BMW Germany); Customer Centric Workshop by RoadsAhead Consulting India; Trend & Design by Style-Vision Asia (France); Design Thinking Action Lab (Stanfordx); Innovation & Commercialization (MITx); several core design domain courses from MITx including the X-Series Certification in Air Vehicle Design; Courses from Harvardx; etc..

Target Program:
Harvard or any one of the top 5 B Schools in the world

Planned Entry
R1 October 2014

Post MBA Goal
Vision is to start a mobility solutions company.

I wish to understand my chances to be accepted in an HBS type of program (Ivy League) and look forward to your most realistic assessment of my profile.
Sincere thanks in advance for your time and effort! And many thanks for offering such a platform for aspirants like us!
Warm Regards
JSW
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.29
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Please help me by evaluating my profile:
Indian Male
GMAT - 740 (April 2014)
GPA - 8.23/10
EDUCATION
1. Engineering degree in Metallurgical Engineeing from one of India's Top 30 Engineering Colleges
2. Diploma in Entrpreneurship and Business Management (1 year online)
3. Post graduate certificate in Project Management ( online)
WORK EXPERIENCE
- 1+ year in Oil and gas, working for India's largest downstream company
- 5 years in metal industry- managing a business unit of a small business enterprise partly owned by my father. Involved in production management, product costing and viability analysis and business turnaround
EXTRA CURRICULAR-
Office bearer of various professional organizations like American society of metals and indian institute of metals.
No voluntary work since 2010

TARGET SCHOOLS
Kellogg
Michigan - Ross
Wharton
MIT LGO program
Tepper

Queries -
1. I have pursued the aforementioned programs pertaining to business management. Will it affect my application in any way?
2. I am not a first generation entrepreneur. Though I have worked like an entrepreneur ( starting a business unit from scratch, managing entire operations of the unit) i have been an employee in the business. In this case, will my experience be considered an entrepreneurial experience or not? How important or useful is an entrepreneurial experience?
3. With my profile, is it logical to apply to wharton or Stanford?
4. I wish to work for a management consultancy, as a person specializing in operations and manufacturing management. Shoudl I apply to colleges which are known for operations management or to those known for general management and strategy? Specifically, Purdue-krannert is highly ranked for operations. But is out of the Top 30 band that I am targetting. Should I apply to Purdue?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1) Work Experience:
5 years as a Naval Officer. Did two deployments defending oil platforms and anti-piracy in the Arabian Gulf while leading 20 Sailors in my division and also served as an Officer of the Deck (in charge of driving the ship and executing the mission for the Captain) for a crew of 280. On my second tour, I did another overseas deployment on an aircraft carrier where our mission was providing air support to Afghanistan. I led 120 Sailors in my division and also served as Officer of the Deck for a crew of 4,500. Outstanding FITREPS at both commands.

2) 321 GRE (Q84%, V81%)

3) College info: United States Naval Academy, 3.19 GPA in Econ, white male, 29 years old when applying

4) Extra Curricular: Very little due to my deployment schedule and having two young children. My extracurricular activities are all related to helping out with Sailors at my command (ex. Officer candidate rep for Sailors interested in getting a commission)

5) Important certifications: Top-Secret/SCI Clearance

6) Target Programs: HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Columbia, Sloan, Tuck, Fuqua, Ross, McCombs

7) Plan to apply during Round 1 of 2014.

8) Post-MBA Goal: Work in non-CPG marketing (Google, Nike, Microsoft, Ford, Nissan, etc)

Thank you for your time!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
I am a 23 year old female. I have 2 years of full time work experience in the social sector. My work entailed leadership development in head masters and teachers in the Indian government schools.
I recently gave my gmat and got a score of 600 with an IR score of 7. I am planning to retake the exam.

I have done my BBA from Symbiosis International University, India and secured a GPA of 3.6. In addition to this I have done level A1 certification in French language, have a good number of extracurricular activities to my credit and have been in a few strong leadership positions as well.

I have a fair amount of international exposure as well. I have been brought up in Canada, pursued my studies in India, have worked with the marginalized sections of rural India, and have completed a summer business course from Berlin School of Economics.

Post my MBA I would like to start my own social venture in the sector of alternative education.
I target programs are INSEAD, HEC, and the likes. I wanted to know, apart from retaking the GMAT and securing a much higher score what do I need to do to strengthen my profile? And if I go ahead and apply this year (for sept 2015 intake) what are my chances of being accepted to a good college?

Thank you
Niyati
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Sir,

I'm planning to pursue 2 yrs MBA program in SCM from US.

I'm an Indian male, 26 yrs of age with good 4 yrs experience in Automobile industry MNC's

GMAT: 640 (Q48,V28), IR 8, AWA-5.5 (Gave exam 3 times)
GRE: 319 (Q63, V56)
TOEFL: 109

BE in Mechanical 55% Aggregate (Pune University)

Work Experience: Total 4 yrs
2 yrs in Mahindra & Mahindra, an Indian Automobile company (SCM function)
2 yrs in Piaggio Vehicles, an Italian MNC (SCM function)

Extra Curricular: Ordinary
Papers Published: None
Community Work: 3-4 corporate ESOPS event

Target Schools:
1. Ross, University of Michigan
2. Broad, Michigan State University
3. Krannert, Purdue Univ
4. Fisher, Ohio State Univ
5. Smeal, Pennsylvania State University
6. Tepper, Carnegie Mellon Univ

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if I stand good chances in any of the above schools.

Regards,
Aniket Gur
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I am going to graduate in december 2014 with an electrical engineering major. I am considering applying for the University of Notre Dame MBA program. Since my parents can't afford a MBA in the USA, I'm thinking of applying for a scholarship also. Moreover, I am graduating from the best university of America Latina. However, my GPA is very low: 2.5. Therefore, I have some questions:

1) What are my chances of getting in the University of Notre Dame MBA program?
2) Do they take the name of the university into account?
3) If I do well on GMAT, do I have more chances of getting in, even with a low GPA?
4) I saw on the University of Notre Dame's website that they require a slide presentation for the application, what kind of slide presentation do they look for?
5) What are my chances of getting in as an international applicant?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I'm from Brazil and I am going to graduate in december 2014 with an electrical engineering major. I am considering applying for the University of Notre Dame MBA program. Since my parents can't afford a MBA in the USA, I'm thinking of applying for a scholarship also. Moreover, I am graduating from the best university of America Latina. However, my GPA is very low: 2.5. Therefore, I have some questions:

1) What are my chances of getting in the University of Notre Dame MBA program?
2) Do they take the name of the university into account?
3) If I do well on GMAT, do I have more chances of getting in, even with a low GPA?
4) I saw on the University of Notre Dame's website that they require a slide presentation for the application, what kind of slide presentation do they look for?
5) What are my chances of getting in as an international applicant?
6) Do I have chances of getting a scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hello MarvelAdmissions,

Could you please evaluate my profile? Thanks!

profile-evaluation-187381.html#p1432610
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Could you comment on my profile and chances at the following schools?
- M7 + Tuck, Yale, LBS, INSEAD

Profile:
- Caucasian male / American citizen / 25 years old by matriculation
- 710 GMAT; 3.6 GPA from public big 10 university
- 3 years of experience in investment banking including 1 year spent abroad at satellite office in London, UK
- Employer sponsorship for MBA program - offer to come back as an associate upon graduation
- Volunteer experience tutoring at local schools
- Ultimate goal is to advance in IB at current firm, with the MBA supplementing my management skills, credentials, and professional network

Planning to apply for 2016 entry, ideally submitting apps as soon as they become available.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile

Dual citizenship - Israel/U.S

Gmat - 700 (46Q\40V)

Bachelor's in Accounting and Journalism from Hebrew University
GPA 3.48
Made deans list for the year of 2011
Won a national Social Entrepreneurship competition and founded a non profit (sustainability) while in school
Passed all 5 CPA exams on first trial (some of the exams had lower than 20% success rate for first timers)

Work experience:

Served for 3 years in the army as a combat medic, was awarded an excellence award during that time.

Worked 2 years as a strategic consultant in a local but selective firm that specializes in public administration

currently working full time at Ernst and Young as a CPA
Part time business dev and marketing at family business (art)

Extra curricular:
Volunteers at the local chapter of an international non profit as a Digital consultant,
Mentors a startup in a local accelerator
Runs Marathons
Meditator

Schools
Haas, MIT Sloan, Yale SOM, Johnson

Reach-Stanford GSB

Thank you for your help!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Hello Sir. I am Satyajit Chaudhary from India. I am a pass-out of IIFT Delhi 2012 batch (a Top-10 Indian B-School), currently working in Cognizant Business Consulting. I am in a tricky spot right now in my life & could really use some advice. In my 3 yrs in the industry, I have realized that my MBA degree lacks a global perspective & is pretty India-centric. As such, I was pondering over a 2nd MBA, a global one from a FT Top-25 B-School. I appeared for GMAT just to test myself & surprisingly scored 760 (Q-51,V-41, IR-8, AWA-6). But I got to know from different articles that US B-Schools don't usually prefer candidates in their early 30s or those with an MBA already. Unfortunately, I fall in both of those categories. That has left me completely confused. My profile-
Class X Board Exams- 92%
Class XII Board Exams- 92%
Graduation - B.Tech in Electronics & Communication - 82.9%
MBA - 3.4 on a scale of 4
Work Ex- 4.5yrs, currently working in Cognizant Business Consulting
Will be 32 by the time I join

Now more than a profile evaluation, I would like to know straight from the horse's mouth if such a profile can make it to a Top B-School, if such a profile has any prospects in the gruelling admission process. Wanted to know what you think of the prospects of such a client. Any help will be much appreciated...

PS- Scouring through forums, I see so many from India applying for their 2nd MBAs in their 30s (this is such a widespread phenomenon here). A lot of them must be getting through or else why would they keep on applying? So is this stigma really that prevalent?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
10th: 86%

12th: 83.4%

GRADUATION
B.Tech. in Computer Science from IP University, Delhi with an aggregate score of 72.6% (First Class)

GMAT: 740

WORK-EX:
Working with Samvardhana Motherson Group (SMG) (World’s 5th largest group) for past 2 years as a Software Engineer. Involved in different roles for 2 years. Was a JAVA developer for the first 12 months and worked on a project related to automobile industry wherein we tracked all the activities of major automobile players (like Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen etc.) and their manufacturing plants. In this project I proposed a module which involved scanning of invoices, of which I proposed the algorithm, to potentially reduce the effort at customer’s side. This brought a business of 60.2 Million INR to organization. Received Star Performer of the Year award for the initiative taken.
In lieu to this initiative taken, after 1 year in the organization, I was shifted to Business Intelligence Team to use the critical data like revenue; budget etc. of the organization to track down the lacuna’s to suggest possible changes to be made for organization’s benefit. Working under this team, I proposed the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) which shall mitigate the re-work done in few teams in the organization. Upon review it was implemented in the organization. I inked down the proposed SDLC and got it converted in form of a research paper, published in a prestigious journal.

Total Work-Ex at the time of ISB 2016-17 application will be 2 years 8 months.

OVERSEAS EXPERIENCE
Went with project leader and other team members for installation and demo of the project to the client for duration of 3 months in Hungry during my tenure as a JAVA developer in initial 12 months

ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXPERIENCE
In last year of under-graduation, founded a tech company along with 2 friends, to develop websites and applications ranging from android to ecommerce website. The company is registered in the name of www[dot]crebertech[dot]com. The company generated a revenue around INR 1 lakh. Currently serving as the business head in the startup.

EXTRA-CURRICULAR
I have categorized extra-curricular into following categories.
Scholastic Achievements:
• Have 5 research papers being the 1st author published in prestigious journals with a high impact factor. For one of the research paper published, was selected as a reviewer at the same journal (Science Alert) where mostly doctorate and post-doctorate professors are selected.
• Was selected to represent my school in a competition of Mathematics and English conducted by University of New South Wales.
• Winner of 3 state awards in technical events conducted at Delhi College of Engineering (DCE). Runner-Up in 4 technical events conducted at Delhi College of Engineering.
Dramatics
• Winner in 1 competition and runner up in other organized in IGIT.
• Played Football at National Level. Represented Delhi and scored a hat trick and helped team to reach semi-finals. Was also adjudicated Man-of-the-tournament by sports head of IIT during an intra-college football tournament in my college.
• Organized literary events during college fests in the year 2011-2012-2013. Recoded higher participation with each successive year.
Debating and Literacy
• Winner of 3 State level debate competitions organized at Delhi College of Engineering.
• Winner of 3 State level extempore competitions organized at Delhi College of Engineering.
• Winner of 3 State level essay competitions organized at Delhi College of Engineering and 1 essay event organized in my college.
• Contributed to college and school magazines and remained an active blooger in my organization monthly newsletter.
Social Initiative
• Involved with an NGO for past 3 years. Working as a treasurer now. During my time I organized events to raise fund for the NGO and used the same money to prevent cow smuggling and prevent slaughtering of cows in the small villages of Haryana.
• A short 3 months internship at AIESEC under the program Iccha, to help slum children identify the basic cause of malaise. Helped them identify major pollutants and areas acting as a breeding ground of mosquitoes. Drafted a survey on the area visited and was adopted as a blue print by the local residents to palliate the waste.
• Worked for 5 months at Children Home, Delhi Government foster home to orphan kids. Provided pedagogy to students and was involved in various teaching drives organized at foster home during those 5 moths.
• Active member of CSR committee of my organization. Awarded for an active role in donation and social drives.

My target schools are Yale, Booth, Ross, Anderson, Tuck, Stern, Hass, Insead, Kellogg, ISB, Stanford GSB, LBS, Tepper and Johnson. Is it too ambitious or can I count some of them as moderate ? if yes, which one ?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
HI MarvelAdmissions, Please evaluate my profile

Introduction
I am a 28 year old Indian male working in Canada for last 3 years in a top tier aerospace company. I intend to apply to top 15 schools for MBA in USA.

GMAT Score
650 (Q49, V30, AWA 6, IR 7)
690 (Q49, V34, AWA 5.5, IR 4)
Planning to retake and targeting 720+

Education
- UG GPA: 74.6% (top 10%)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi, India
- Won many extra curricular awards
- Master's GPA: 3.53
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Thesis based), 2 publications.
- McGill University, Canada

Work Experience
3.5 Years in a top tier Aerospace Company (Employs 30,000+ people and has 100 sites across the world)
- Working as Lead Certification Analyst (certify interiors for business jets for their structural integrity), making sure that the products conform to the regulations and industry standards.
- Manage a team of 5 engineers (for 1 program) and indirectly a team of 10 engineers (for 2 programs)
- Promoted to the above post after only 10 months of experience, pay raises double the usual amount for the past 2 years.
- Led 2 teams of 3 engineers each to oversee update of important company directives, guidelines and manuals that dictate the manufacturing and quality standards of the company.

Strong International Exposure
- Lived, Studied, Worked and travelled to multiple countries
- Nominated (only engineer) to go to France and USA to represent the facility at intra-company conferences and international symposiums
- Worked in International teams and leading a team of Engineers (located in UK, USA, France and Germany) to develop next set of methodologies that will save the company a lot of money once implemented.

Extracurriculars
- Tutoring kids at risk subjects such as Maths, Science and English from grades 3 to 12 (been close to 10 months now, 4-6 hours per week, volunteer basis).
- Team member of company's soccer team
- Teach professional and technical English (related to Aerospace Industry, both written and spoken) to colleagues after work
- Learning French and Spanish over the weekends
- Member of tennis and squash teams of YMCA and play as a member of Montreal Squash League
- Teach colleagues from work tennis after work
- Leading a team of 15 volunteers since 2013-14 for a community heart and eye checkup camp , held once every year for 3 days. This is a free event for anyone who wants to participate.

Post-MBA Goal
I plan to transition from Engineering based role to a management / strategy role in retail/technology. I wish to leverage my experience of leading diverse teams and apply the vast knowledge, exposure and experience I have gained in managing different product portfolios in retail/technology.

Target Schools

- Columbia (Early Decision)
- Chicago Booth
- Stanford
- UCLA
- UC Berkeley
- Wharton
- Cornell
- NY Stern
- Kellogg
- Duke Fuqua (Early Decision)
- Michigan Ross
- CMU Tepper
- Yale SOM

All the above schools Round 1 or Round 2 , 2015, Full Time MBA

Questions
1. Do you think I have a decent shot at the school of my choice (listed above). It will be of immense help to me if you can categorize the schools above as
1) Not possible, forget about it!
2) Good Chance
3) Not at all easy but can be given a shot

2. Also please advise which schools I should target in Round 1 and in Round 2?.
3. Please also advise which other schools (not listed above) will help me achieve my career goals.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hi MarvelAdmissions,

I'm finding it really difficult to figure out where I stand when it comes to applying to B-Schools for my MBA and since I do not have too many people around me for advice I'm really hoping that you would help me out by evaluating my profile. I'm most confused about selecting schools and also whether to concentrate on the applications or on retaking the GMAT. The following is my profile-

-28 y/o Indian Male (will turn 29 by the time I start in 2016)

-GMAT 710 (49Q, 39V)- I know its probably on the lower side for an Indian male applicant. Trying to figure out whether to concentrate on the apps or on retaking the gmat.

-Graduated in 2008 from a business school in UK with a degree in accounting and finance. Topped my degree in year one. Ended up with an upper 2.1 degree. (Non-Engineering education)

-planned on working in UK itself in order to get some international work ex but had to move back to India because of my fathers death (3 weeks after final term). Had to take care of family affairs (financial and emotional) so moved back.

-Have 7+ years of work experience.

-working as head of the business development and strategy implementation division of a firm based out of New Delhi, with interests across hydropower, textiles and education and annual revenues of over US$125m. Have worked across all 3 sectors. Currently leading a team in implementing the expansion/diversification of the education vertical. The project is at an advanced stage of implementation and the financial rewards from the project have already started flowing in. The idea for diversification was my brainchild and thus I was made the team leader of the project. I'm also the youngest at the firm at a senior managerial role. I've held leadership roles across all the 3 verticals. I regularly deal/interact with clients from all over the world and frequently visit textile marketing events across the globe. The firm however would be a relatively unknown to most people on the admissions team (Well known in India though)

-short term goal is to make a transition to a top tier management consulting firm within the strategy division and work in new geographies in Western Europe or North America. Long term goal is to take up a senior management role at a fortune 500 firm. In my current role I'm coming up with and executing ideas that lead to improvement in business process and create value for the firm. I think a career in consulting will be a reasonable sell as my STG.

-Extra curricular: work with one of the most prominent environmental NGO in the country. Have been closely associated with environmental research over the last 5 years. Also, Having lost my father to blood cancer I started a cancer foundation in his name and have raised over INR 2.5m which in turn is being used to help underprivileged patients in their treatment. Also organize an annual blood donation camp. I have also redrafted and implemented the corporate social responsibility charter at the firm with a focus on sanitation for the poor and improving female financial literacy. Finally I've also worked for a member of parliament from 2009-2014 on devising a plan for development in the members parliamentary constituency with a population of over 2m residents.

Target Schools- INSEAD, LBS, Columbia, Duke, Tuck, Darden, Cornell, Ross, Tepper, Emory, Olin, UNC, etc

Thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V25
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Ask Marvel Admissions [#permalink]
Hi,

I would like to apply for 1 Year Full Time MBA Programme. I request you to go through my profile and provide your valuable guidance for admission & scholarship details.

The schools i am targeting are:

1. Indian Institute of Management
2. Indian School of Business
3. Nanyang
4. NUS
5. Melbourne B School
6. London Business School
7. HKUST
8. Hong Kong University
9. CEIBS.
10. SDA Boccioni

Any other please let me know.

Originally posted by prabhat_bhakat on 27 Aug 2015, 03:27.
Last edited by prabhat_bhakat on 20 Nov 2020, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey Marvel Admissions,

Can you please help me in evaluating my profile :

Indian female

Grades :
Xth - 91%
XIIth - 88% ( Have been on scholarship since class 8th in school)
Undergrad ( NIT kurukshetra ) - 7.93/10
GMAT - 720 (Q50, V38, IR5)

Work experience -
* Have been working in Samsung from the past 3 years
Have had 2 promotions in 3 years
First as a software developer, then moved into Pre-sales consulting owing to my interest in Marketing.
In that I worked with Samsung Sales division in APAC regions, assisted clients and partners in Dubai, SA, Thailand, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Singlehandedly set up a whole Enterprise business conclave in India marketing Regional HQ, Worked with directors of engineering of Hyatt, Oberoi, and Taj hotels.
Demonstrated Samsung solutions in events, conclaves, summits to CXO's of different verticals.

* Member of cultural commitee in Samsung, Won the best innovative project of the Quarter for a project, Winner of many cultural competitions held in Office.

Extra Curriculars -
* Won accolades for Dance from age 6, Working as a dance instructor in a Dance studio.
* 2 District level prizes in Arts, College level athlete( won 10 medals ) in NIT sports meet' 09, '10, '11
* Head of 3 committees in tech and cultural national level fests in NIT.
* Started a society for teaching Underprivileged children of College's workers. This has been published in a local newspaper of Kurukshetra.
* Working as a UN online volunteer for a research project on Women Situation in Thailand.
* Represented North Zone ( 4 states ) In a national level General knowledge Quiz held in Hyd.
* 1 district level prize in Analytical ability (scholarship given).

Working on my startup idea as well ( It would be completed by the end of the year )

Post Mba goal - I want to enter into Brand management or marketing In Retail/Technology.

My target schools are - Kellogg 1 year program, ISB, Insead, HEC paris, NUS, NTU.
I even want a partial scholarship for these programs.

Can you please tell me about the shortcomings in my profile and how can I be the good fit for these above schools? :?

Do I need to hire consultant for the essays or should I try writing them on your own?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
All,
Request you all to please evaluate my profile:
Male, Indian, 32 Years old.
Expected GMAT : Around 680 - 700 ( Writing on 30th Oct 2015 ) ; I'd also like to know the chances if I fair between 620-650 and 650+/700 - i have a mixed trend right now as far as mocks are concerned
Total Experience - 9+ years
Education : BTech in Information Technology
CGPA : 6.6/ 10.
10th - 67%
12th - 68%

Extra Curricular :
• Passionate Trekker and lead a team of 4 to Roopkund (16k ft) apart from that sucessfully completed Chopta (13k ft), Rupin (15k), Gurudongmar (18k)
• Photography - Manage my own blog with reasonable traffic
• Active member of Corporate Trekking Team

Work Ex :
• Currently working in a Market Research and Consulting firm as a Sourcing lead, have an experience of around 96 months as of today.
• Independently lead 3 global accounts on which I have been able to increase the revenue from $25k to over $600k within just a year. Accountable for client servicing, delivery and revenue generation.
• Brought down cost overheads and directly contributing to the bottom line thus increasing overall savings from 13% to 22% in FY13-14'. Absolute saving of more than 1.5 million USD.
• Instrumental in increasing the sales conversion from 6% to 14% within a span of a year.
• Seasoned player and expert in providing end to end research solutions.
• Was moved from operations to sales purely on performance basis, was interviewed internally by various business ahead before this transition happened.
• I have hopped 5 jobs in the span on 9 years - will that be a problem?

Goals : Post my MBA, I want to move into Strategic Consulting or Product/Brand Management ( More inclined towards Strategic Consulting though).

Recommendations : Will get recommendations from my Boss (SVP) and One of the Country Head in India of a renowned Research firm (My client Smile). I hope that'll have enough weight; I am not sure what will be the content though.

Colleges Targeting ( With Some Financial Assistance) :
• UNC Kenan Flagler
• Wisconsin MBA
• Sloan
• Emory
• Cornell

Please guide me with the selection and would like to go with a college who is more liberal in terms of scholarships and can provide upfront GA/TA.If there is any other b school which you think will be better as far as goals are concerned then please feel free to advice

I have decided only on the above mentioned colleges till now but that'll depend on the final gmat score, so please help me what should be my strategy in terms of picking up bschool based on my final score. I’d rather want to go with full schol - what are the odds? Along with the above, I want to move fast and planning for a 2016 admit so I know for a fact it is going to be challenging but I just can’t wait for another year before I get too old for a B School.

Thanks in Advance 
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15