Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 00:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 10:56
Hi Mbacrystalball,

My name is Rahul Parekh and I m looking for some guidance as I am very confused regarding certain things. Here is a summary of my profile:-

Indian Male, Age 23

Education background:-

Chartered Accountant (recently cleared)
Cleared CFA (USA Based) Level 1
16 years of education completed (Bcom + Mcom)
I am also learning Spanish currently

Work Experience (This contains my experience during the 3year articleship as required by the CA course):-

Intern at Chaturvedi & Shah for 10months (Here, i was involved in conducting Statutory Audit)
Intern at BMR & Associates for 14 months (Here, I was involved in the Tax Dept)
Intern AT M/s Patel Engineering Ltd (In this CA course, we are allowed to do one year of industrial training)

Target GMAT score:- 720-750

Target Colleges:- Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Havard, Stern, Sloan, Kellogg, Haas

Goal:- Career in Investment Banking, Private Equity (That is why I m also doing CFA)

Since I have pursuing CFA which USA based, I have targerted US based schools. I plan to give my GMAT in Feb and take an admission in Jan'15 batch and since i would be free from June'14 i would get employed for the interim period. This is my profile above which doesn't seem that great, but i have mentioned a few queries below:-

1. Will this articleship experience be counted as 'Work experience' ?

2. If not, I've heard that many b-school don't generally take students without work experience but as per the online research I have done visiting websites of the universities, they seem to always indicate that they do admit students without work-ex and its not compulsory. Plus, I feel that since I have not yet started a full-fledged career, I might get an MBA now and then start a career rather than breaking it in the middle to pursue an MBA. Is thinking an MBA at a younger age than the others trying for it a big disadvantage ?

3. S.P.Jain Mumbai is the only MBA institute I've heard which admits students based on their GMAT scores, so I was thinking that even if I don't manage admission to a proper university abroad, I could use this as a contingent backup. Is this correct ?

4. Which is the best institute among the ones above in terms of me being able to secure an admission from the above ? Are there any other universities I should look into ? Which are best universities scholarship wise (I would really need all the scholarship i could get) ?

5. Are there any specific areas of improvement according to you on my profile ?

6. There was this scholarship programme 'Reliance Dhirubhai Ambani Stanford programme', I researched a lot on it, but the only thing i couldnt figure out was whether this is only available to the August batch ? Are there any other programmes which offer such significant waivers ?

Thats it, sorry for asking so many questions and I would really appreciate if you helped me out.

Last edited by Narenn on 03 Dec 2013, 07:28, edited 2 times in total.
Duplicate thread - Locked
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates   [#permalink] 01 Dec 2013, 10:56