Joined: 01 Dec 2013
, given: 0
Ask MBA Crystal Ball - Indian Candidates [#permalink]
01 Dec 2013, 11:56
My name is Rahul Parekh and I m looking for some guidance as I am very confused regarding certain things. Here is a summary of my profile:-
Indian Male, Age 23
Chartered Accountant (recently cleared)
Cleared CFA (USA Based) Level 1
16 years of education completed (Bcom + Mcom)
I am also learning Spanish currently
Work Experience (This contains my experience during the 3year articleship as required by the CA course):-
Intern at Chaturvedi & Shah for 10months (Here, i was involved in conducting Statutory Audit)
Intern at BMR & Associates for 14 months (Here, I was involved in the Tax Dept)
Intern AT M/s Patel Engineering Ltd (In this CA course, we are allowed to do one year of industrial training)
Target GMAT score:- 720-750
Target Colleges:- Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Havard, Stern, Sloan, Kellogg, Haas
Goal:- Career in Investment Banking, Private Equity (That is why I m also doing CFA)
Since I have pursuing CFA which USA based, I have targerted US based schools. I plan to give my GMAT in Feb and take an admission in Jan'15 batch and since i would be free from June'14 i would get employed for the interim period. This is my profile above which doesn't seem that great, but i have mentioned a few queries below:-
1. Will this articleship experience be counted as 'Work experience' ?
2. If not, I've heard that many b-school don't generally take students without work experience but as per the online research I have done visiting websites of the universities, they seem to always indicate that they do admit students without work-ex and its not compulsory. Plus, I feel that since I have not yet started a full-fledged career, I might get an MBA now and then start a career rather than breaking it in the middle to pursue an MBA. Is thinking an MBA at a younger age than the others trying for it a big disadvantage ?
3. S.P.Jain Mumbai is the only MBA institute I've heard which admits students based on their GMAT scores, so I was thinking that even if I don't manage admission to a proper university abroad, I could use this as a contingent backup. Is this correct ?
4. Which is the best institute among the ones above in terms of me being able to secure an admission from the above ? Are there any other universities I should look into ? Which are best universities scholarship wise (I would really need all the scholarship i could get) ?
5. Are there any specific areas of improvement according to you on my profile ?
6. There was this scholarship programme 'Reliance Dhirubhai Ambani Stanford programme', I researched a lot on it, but the only thing i couldnt figure out was whether this is only available to the August batch ? Are there any other programmes which offer such significant waivers ?
Thats it, sorry for asking so many questions and I would really appreciate if you helped me out.
Last edited by Narenn
on 03 Dec 2013, 08:28, edited 2 times in total.
Duplicate thread - Locked