Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:00 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-21-2010
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink]
Hello,

I am 31/Indian/Male, have graduated from one of top 10 colleges in India, I am working with a leading MNC in India, have 9+ years of experience in Sales and Marketing - Consumer durables, I have been promoted to youngest Regional Manager at the age of 29 in my current company. I am enthusiastic, goal-oriented and optimistic individual and I want to pursue MBA to enter global consumer market. Though I have dozens of applauds, promotions and community service initiatives under my belt, my current GMAT score of 640 raises doubts in my mind of applying to Fisher. I wish to know with my current score, shall I apply to Fisher? I want to make sure that my application will be read and not discarded just because of low score.

Do you have one year full-time/accelerated MBA program as well for more experienced candidates? If yes, do I stand a chance there?
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
ruchi2012 wrote:
Hello,

I am 31/Indian/Male, have graduated from one of top 10 colleges in India, I am working with a leading MNC in India, have 9+ years of experience in Sales and Marketing - Consumer durables, I have been promoted to youngest Regional Manager at the age of 29 in my current company. I am enthusiastic, goal-oriented and optimistic individual and I want to pursue MBA to enter global consumer market. Though I have dozens of applauds, promotions and community service initiatives under my belt, my current GMAT score of 640 raises doubts in my mind of applying to Fisher. I wish to know with my current score, shall I apply to Fisher? I want to make sure that my application will be read and not discarded just because of low score.

Do you have one year full-time/accelerated MBA program as well for more experienced candidates? If yes, do I stand a chance there?

Hi,

I apologize for a late reply. It was a busy quarter and then the winter break. Thank you for your interest in the Fisher College of Business. I cannot speculate on your chances of getting an admit with your profile. But we do have an executive MBA where you may apply given your interest. More information can be found at this link:https://fisher.osu.edu/emba

You could also have a look at the class profile to better understand the applicant pool: https://fisher.osu.edu/emba/admissions/class-profile/

Let me know if you have further questions.

Warm Regards,
Prashant Mehta
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello,

I applied around 22nd December 2012 for the Fall 2013 January 5th deadline for Full Time MBA. By when will the university let me know if any document is missing or if the university wishes to interview me.

Thank you in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
How true is that if I would apply for an scholarship in the Ohio- Fisher MBA program I MUST to write 3 essays instead of 2.
I will write:

Essay #1 - Shaping Your Vision
Essay #2 - Focusing on Leadership(Writing 1 essay for each of the 2 traits the I picked)

Should I write the 3rd essay Essay #3 - Discovering You?? I dont wanna mess it writing just 2 essays when I have to write 3 or write 3 essay when It is not necessary.

Help!!!!!!!!!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Moderator Note: Merged related topics
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi Fisher Admissions

This is Siddharth, wanted to know whether there is any harm in taking a retake of the GMAT , Does Fisher take the best score.

Thanks and regards,
Siddharth
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1. Are Ohio State alumni (I did my undergraduate there and loved it) given preference?
2. Is work experience required, and if not, would an above average make up for a complete lack of work experience?
3. Does having a masters in an unrelated field (a physical science) hold any weight?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello i just wrote my gmat and scored a dismal 540(ir-5,quant-44,verbal-21). English screwed it all for me. I never scored this low in any of my mock tests. My average was around 640 always.
My profile
I am a dentist with 3 years of government as well as private practice experience. My undergraduation aggregate is 76%,also i toped my school 12th scoring 95%.
Now i want to apply with 540 score to b school in usa that offer decent salary. I am interested in general mba or otherwise hospital administration.
Can anyone help me out? I am badly lost.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Fisher Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Fisher Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Fisher Forum for all fresh things related to the Fisher MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts