Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 08:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Official Business School Representative
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-21-2010
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 15:12
This post received
KUDOS
Welcome to the official Ohio State Fisher Ask Admissions Thread!

The Ohio State Fisher Admissions Team would like to welcome everyone to this thread and offer an opportunity to ask questions about our leading MBA program. If there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

Rankings

Historical GMAT Club Applicant Threads

Popular Links

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 16

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 04:16
I have Two questions......

1.I want to know How is Ohio State Fisher different from other business schools?

2.I have 2.5 Years Exp in a software industry and i have 86.5% in my 10th standard,88% in my high school and 81.1 in my under-graduation where do i stand in getting into Ohio State Fisher , and with my academics what is the required Gmat score to get into this business school?

Thanks in advance.........

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 06:35
kotela wrote:
I have Two questions......

1.I want to know How is Ohio State Fisher different from other business schools?

2.I have 2.5 Years Exp in a software industry and i have 86.5% in my 10th standard,88% in my high school and 81.1 in my under-graduation where do i stand in getting into Ohio State Fisher , and with my academics what is the required Gmat score to get into this business school?

Thanks in advance.........

Hi Kotela,

Thank you for your interest in the Fisher College of Business!

1. Fisher College offers a very comprehensive MBA degree with emphasis on class room learning, case studies, team work and leadership development. Fisher offers world renowned faculty and has the smallest class size among the top B-schools in the country which ensures individual attention and growth. This combination gives Fisher an edge over other top schools which is further complemented by a warm culture, close knit community and a strong Alumni presence. Ohio is home to many Fortune 500 companies which puts Fisher at a strategic advantage. Columbus is one of the strongest economies in the US which favors the graduates at Fisher.

2. I cannot really speculate on your chances of getting into Fisher based on your grades. It is a very competitive pool and you can find more information about our student profiles here: http://fisher.osu.edu/ftmba/admissions/class-profile/

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any further concerns/questions.

Warm Regards,
Prashant Mehta
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2011, 09:42
Hello,

I am 31/Indian/Male, have graduated from one of top 10 colleges in India, I am working with a leading MNC in India, have 9+ years of experience in Sales and Marketing - Consumer durables, I have been promoted to youngest Regional Manager at the age of 29 in my current company. I am enthusiastic, goal-oriented and optimistic individual and I want to pursue MBA to enter global consumer market. Though I have dozens of applauds, promotions and community service initiatives under my belt, my current GMAT score of 640 raises doubts in my mind of applying to Fisher. I wish to know with my current score, shall I apply to Fisher? I want to make sure that my application will be read and not discarded just because of low score.

Do you have one year full-time/accelerated MBA program as well for more experienced candidates? If yes, do I stand a chance there?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 09:19
ruchi2012 wrote:
Hello,

I am 31/Indian/Male, have graduated from one of top 10 colleges in India, I am working with a leading MNC in India, have 9+ years of experience in Sales and Marketing - Consumer durables, I have been promoted to youngest Regional Manager at the age of 29 in my current company. I am enthusiastic, goal-oriented and optimistic individual and I want to pursue MBA to enter global consumer market. Though I have dozens of applauds, promotions and community service initiatives under my belt, my current GMAT score of 640 raises doubts in my mind of applying to Fisher. I wish to know with my current score, shall I apply to Fisher? I want to make sure that my application will be read and not discarded just because of low score.

Do you have one year full-time/accelerated MBA program as well for more experienced candidates? If yes, do I stand a chance there?

Hi,

I apologize for a late reply. It was a busy quarter and then the winter break. Thank you for your interest in the Fisher College of Business. I cannot speculate on your chances of getting an admit with your profile. But we do have an executive MBA where you may apply given your interest. More information can be found at this link:http://fisher.osu.edu/emba

You could also have a look at the class profile to better understand the applicant pool: http://fisher.osu.edu/emba/admissions/class-profile/

Let me know if you have further questions.

Warm Regards,
Prashant Mehta
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kelley '15 (S)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 02:44
Hello,

I applied around 22nd December 2012 for the Fall 2013 January 5th deadline for Full Time MBA. By when will the university let me know if any document is missing or if the university wishes to interview me.

Thank you in advance.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Essays for OHIO-FISHER MBA [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 21:20
How true is that if I would apply for an scholarship in the Ohio- Fisher MBA program I MUST to write 3 essays instead of 2.
I will write:

Essay #1 - Shaping Your Vision
Essay #2 - Focusing on Leadership(Writing 1 essay for each of the 2 traits the I picked)

Should I write the 3rd essay Essay #3 - Discovering You?? I dont wanna mess it writing just 2 essays when I have to write 3 or write 3 essay when It is not necessary.

Help!!!!!!!!!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2378

Kudos [?]: 9986 [0], given: 3762

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 09:40
Expert's post
Moderator Note: Merged related topics

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Take a Survey about GMAT Prep - Win Prizes!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 3

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 04:14
Hi Fisher Admissions

This is Siddharth, wanted to know whether there is any harm in taking a retake of the GMAT , Does Fisher take the best score.

Thanks and regards,
Siddharth
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 17:08
1. Are Ohio State alumni (I did my undergraduate there and loved it) given preference?
2. Is work experience required, and if not, would an above average make up for a complete lack of work experience?
3. Does having a masters in an unrelated field (a physical science) hold any weight?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2014, 07:48
Hello i just wrote my gmat and scored a dismal 540(ir-5,quant-44,verbal-21). English screwed it all for me. I never scored this low in any of my mock tests. My average was around 640 always.
My profile
I am a dentist with 3 years of government as well as private practice experience. My undergraduation aggregate is 76%,also i toped my school 12th scoring 95%.
Now i want to apply with 540 score to b school in usa that offer decent salary. I am interested in general mba or otherwise hospital administration.
Can anyone help me out? I am badly lost.
Re: Ask Ohio State Fisher Admissions   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2014, 07:48