Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 00:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Paul, U of South Carolina vs CU Boulder

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Ask Paul, U of South Carolina vs CU Boulder [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2007, 11:06
I am admitted to University of South Carolina and University of Colorado at Boulder. I'm considering my options. Could you please help me provide some information about these schools?

What do think which one has better reputation in your sight? (Major in Martketing)

What is the strength and weakness of each school?

In addition, If I am admitted to Katz (UPitt), from all my choices, which one do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Seth
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask Paul, U of South Carolina vs CU Boulder [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2007, 19:52
Seth wrote:
I am admitted to University of South Carolina and University of Colorado at Boulder. I'm considering my options. Could you please help me provide some information about these schools?

What do think which one has better reputation in your sight? (Major in Martketing)

What is the strength and weakness of each school?

In addition, If I am admitted to Katz (UPitt), from all my choices, which one do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Seth

Seth,

Of the two schools, I think USC has the stronger reputation outside of its region but that reputation is primarily for its international business resources. So if your international business is an interest of yours in addition to marketing then I would say choose USC. If not, then I would ask yourself which region you most want to work in because all of these schools (including Pittsburgh) will basically be strong in their regions, i.e., attract top local firms. So it comes down to where you want to be. In overall terms I guess Pittsburgh ranks higher than SoCarol (and Colo), but again if you want an international business program SoCarol bests the other two.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2007, 22:32
Paul,

I will try to find a job after finishing my degree. What I concern is to find a job anywhere in USA to gain more experience and earn some money. However, if I coudn't find a job, I will come back to my country and continue my career.

Anyway, thanks for your great answer. That's the answer I look for.

If you have any more comment, please feel free to suggest me.

Thank you very much.

Seth
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2007, 10:30
Seth wrote:
Paul,

I will try to find a job after finishing my degree. What I concern is to find a job anywhere in USA to gain more experience and earn some money. However, if I coudn't find a job, I will come back to my country and continue my career.

Anyway, thanks for your great answer. That's the answer I look for.

If you have any more comment, please feel free to suggest me.

Thank you very much.

Seth

You're welcome and good luck to you.

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter