Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 10:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Rutgers Business School

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Official Business School Representative
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 4 [3] , given: 0

Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2012, 14:44
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Welcome to the Official Ask Rutgers Business School Admissions
Rutgers Business School Admissions Team would like to welcome everyone to this thread and offer an opportunity to ask questions about our leading MBA program. If there is anything we can help with, please let us know.

About Rutgers Full-time MBA

Traditional Full-Time MBA

2013 Class Profile:
  • Credits: 60
  • Avg. GPA: 3.3
  • Avg. GMAT: 638*
  • Avg. Work Exp.: 5 yrs
  • Avg. Age: 28
*Not a minimum req.

2013-2014 Tuition (not including fees):
  • In-State: $23,630/year
  • Out-of-State: $40,628/year

Employment Outcomes (Full-Time '13 Profile):
Compensation (Salary)
  • Average: $92,693
  • Maximum: $132,000
  • Median: $95,000
  • Average Signing Bonus: $14,215

Traditional Full-Time MBA Application Deadlines for Fall 2014

Essay Topics:

You must submit a 2 page essay (double spaced) on 1 of the topics below:
(1) Describe an ethical dilemma you have faced and how you resolved it.
(2) Explain what you have learned from your experience as a member of a team whose project was not completed successfully.
(3) Describe your greatest professional achievement and how you added value to your organization.

Additional/Optional Essay:

Provide any additional information not addressed elsewhere in your application materials which will help the Admissions Committee learn more about your candidacy. Please address any employment gaps, academic concerns, strengths or weaknesses.

Last edited by RutgersMBA on 17 Oct 2013, 11:08, edited 10 times in total.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2012, 22:36
Hi,
I am a media student from India. I Understand that your University has Media Courses for Masters. I would love to know more. Also, I have
heard that to get into post graduate courses in the USA you have to complete sixteen years of education before you can take admission. Is it true? Where can i contact the concerned person to clear these doubts and understand the details? These are questions i need answers to. Thank for helping out. Really appreciated. :)

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2012, 09:16
Hi there,
Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Business School. Which Master's are you interested in? And what kind of media courses are you interested in as well?

We do require a 4 year degree from India - it must be equivalent to a United States bachelor's degree. You can contact me for more details at skolodiy@business.rutgers.edu

Stephan Kolodiy
Admissions Officer
Rutgers Business School – Newark and New Brunswick
1 Washington Park, 1st Floor, Room 124
Newark, NJ 07102

Of 502 AACSB-accredited MBA programs nationwide, Rutgers is
#1 Public MBA program in NYC region – US News & World Report, 2012
#3 MBA program in NYC region – US News & World Report, 2012
#3 MBA Supply Chain Program, nationwide – Gartner Supply Chain Leaders, 2011
#13 in awarding ≥ 10 degrees to Fortune-500 CEOs, US News & World Report, May 2012
#30 in employment outcomes – US News & World Report, 2012

*Top-4 among 600+ universities worldwide (2008, 2011, and 2012) – CFA Institute Research Challenge*
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2012, 06:40
I graduated from NYU's college of arts and sciences with a 2.6 and recently scored a 650 on the GMAT. I also have 5 years work experience as a Financial Analyst. Is there anything, besides scoring better on the GMAT, that I can do to offset my low undergrad GPA?

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2012, 05:18
Hi JLD299,
Unfortunately there is not much you can do about your undergraduate GPA at this point. My advice to you is to make all other parts of your application as strong as possible. Meaning your GMAT score, your work experience, your letters of recommendation, etc... Are you looking to apply for the full-time or part-time program? This can make a big difference as well.

My final recommendation is to provide a personal statement addressing your lower undegraduate GPA. Sometimes we ask students for this, but it looks even better when the student supplies it right off the bat. Additionally, make yourself available to come in for a personal interview so that we can get to know you better (you can state this in the personal statement). Although if you are applying for the full-time program, an interview is required anyway.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly at: skolodiy@business.rutgers.edu

Stephan Kolodiy
Admissions Officer
Rutgers Business School – Newark and New Brunswick
1 Washington Park, 1st Floor, Room 124
Newark, NJ 07102

Of 502 AACSB-accredited MBA programs nationwide, Rutgers is
#1 Public MBA program in NYC region – US News & World Report, 2012
#3 MBA program in NYC region – US News & World Report, 2012
#3 MBA Supply Chain Program, nationwide – Gartner Supply Chain Leaders, 2011
#13 in awarding ≥ 10 degrees to Fortune-500 CEOs, US News & World Report, May 2012
#30 in employment outcomes – US News & World Report, 2012

*Top-4 among 600+ universities worldwide (2008, 2011, and 2012) – CFA Institute Research Challenge*
Intern
Intern

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2012, 14:24
Hello,

I am currently a NJ resident attending an online business school (Jones International University) while working to help pay for it. I am currently earning a 4.0 GPA making Dean's List after the first semester. I am also currently studying for my GMAT, scoring 700+ on every practice exam I have taken so far.

My question is about the degree I am earning. I know that online programs are viewed as, well, less than impressive. Even having a 4.0 GPA, is this still frowned upon for admissions? Will it negatively affect my chances of being accepted?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Steve Hunter
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 510 Q36 V25
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Other)

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 105

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2012, 21:23
Hey ,
I am Currently working in the IT industry and im looking forward to do my MBA- supply chain management in your prestigious university. I will be having 2+ years experience when i apply for fall 2014. However, i would like to know whether my work experience would be suffice to grab a spot because almost everyone applying have 5+ years of experience .
I have a strong academic background - Bachelors in Engineering with 4.0 GPA .
I am very worried about whether my work experience would let me down :cry:

Thanks
Ajay

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2012, 10:13
thinktank wrote:
Hey ,
I am Currently working in the IT industry and im looking forward to do my MBA- supply chain management in your prestigious university. I will be having 2+ years experience when i apply for fall 2014. However, i would like to know whether my work experience would be suffice to grab a spot because almost everyone applying have 5+ years of experience .
I have a strong academic background - Bachelors in Engineering with 4.0 GPA .
I am very worried about whether my work experience would let me down :cry:

Thanks
Ajay

Hi Ajay,
Thank you for your interest in Rutgers Business School. Our average years of full-time work experience in the traditional MBA program is 4.5 years. However, this is an average and we do have students who come into the program with 2 years of full-time work experience. 2 years is the absolute minimum. So if you have 2 years when you apply, it is ok. However, you would be a stronger candidate if you had 3-4 years of experience.

I hope that answers your questions. If not, please let me know.

-Stephan Kolodiy
Rutgers Business School
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 07:32
deleted

Last edited by sinst10 on 28 Jan 2013, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 46

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 07:50
Hi Stephan,

I've completed my Rutgers application in January. However I received an email saying the application is incomplete due to education evaluation requirement.
Will my application be pending for review until I submit the education evaluation?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 04:00
@RutgersMBA

Hi Mr. Kolodiy

I am planning to apply for the full-time MBA program (Fall 2014). I have few queries, hope you can help me out.

(1) I currently run a Design service firm and I intend to get one of the recommendation letter from our client, is that fine with the school?

(2) Is there any specification on the type of font family & size that has to be used for essay, I use Arial Narrow (12 pt), double spaced.

(3) I was previously in US in business visa & later in work visa. My work visa has expired and I still hold my B1 visa. Will the above history of visa's will cause a problem when applying for F1 visa.

(4) Will there be any consideration with the final tuition fee amount. I have a GPA of 3.42 (according to World Education Services{WES}) and work experience of 10 years and I am yet to write my GMAT & TOEFL. My industry of experience are Information technology, Medical and construction.

(5) Do I need to get my transcripts evaluated by WES.

(6) Does the school provide any TA opportunities or any other financial assistance for international students. Is there any scholarships that targets (helping) the students from developing countries/Asia.

--
Thanks,

K.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Katz '17
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Health Care)

Re: Ask Rutgers Business School [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2014, 04:05
Hi Stephan,

I am Indian and interested in applying to the Rutgers MBA program for fall 2015. I have worked in International Business - Pharmaceuticals for last three years and that said, the Rutger's MBA in Pharmaceutical Management captures my interest.

My question is - Does Rutger's provide merit based scholarships/funding to International Students?

Thank you kindly,
Gauri
Re: Ask Rutgers Business School   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2014, 04:05