Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:24 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: Ask UNC (Kenan-Flagler) MBA Admissions [#permalink]
Hi,

Due to an unusual situation, I might only be able to apply before Rd 4 deadline. Do you think for an international student like me should just wait for another year but not apply this year?

Also, I would like to know when there will be an update version of UNC MBA's career report. Thanks.

Regards,
MYCambridge
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
anordinaryguy wrote:
Dear Mr. Randall,

I am filling out the application and need some clarification on "Employment History & Other Background Information" section of the application.

I have included some of the information (such as Honors and Awards, Community Leadership Activities) required in this section in my Resume as well. So shall I remove that information from there?
I have been in the same organization for last 6 years, and my title and roles/responsibilities have varied over time. In fact on the same title, I have played multiple roles. Should I mention all the combinations of Titles and Roles in that? Or just one for one organization?

Hello,

For this question, it would be best that you contact our admissions department personally for the best answer possible. you can reach our admissions team at 1.888.9UNC.MBA or email onlinemba@unc.edu.

Thank you for your interest and please feel free to ask me any additional questions you may have.

Best regards,
Randall
Send PM
MYCambridge wrote:
Hi,

Due to an unusual situation, I might only be able to apply before Rd 4 deadline. Do you think for an international student like me should just wait for another year but not apply this year?

Also, I would like to know when there will be an update version of UNC MBA's career report. Thanks.

Regards,
MYCambridge

Hello,

I can only answer questions about the online program, MBA@UNC. It seems that you are referring to the full-time program and in that case, you can contact Sherry Wallace, Director of Admissions for the Full-time MBA at sherry_wallace@unc.edu.

If you do have any additional questions about the online program though, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Randall Sawyer
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72861 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just got today:

Quote:
We would like to invite you to attend one of our upcoming online information sessions hosted by myself, Beth Flye, Director of Admissions for MBA@UNC.

During these sessions, we will cover why UNC Kenan-Flagler and our innovative MBA@UNC program is the right fit for your life and how it can help you achieve your career objectives. There will also be the opportunity to ask specific questions about the program and admissions process.

If you are interested in attending an MBA@UNC information session, please click here to review our upcoming dates and reserve a space. Feel free to forward this invitation to any colleagues and friends who may be interested in learning more about MBA@UNC.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... a2VZWUE6MQ
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:UC Berkeley (Haas), Santa Clara U (Leavey), UC Davis, University of San Francisco
Send PM
Mr Sawyer,

I live in San Francisco and I'm interested in the MBA@UNC program. What is the GMAT score range for your last entering class? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE:Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I have Two questions......

1.I want to know How is Kenan-Flagler unique from other business schools?

2.I have 2.5 Years Exp in a software industry and i have 86.5% in my 10th standard,88% in my high school and 81.1 in my under-graduation where do i stand in getting into Kenan-Flagler, and with my academics what is the required Gmat score to get into this business school?

Thanks in advance.........
Send PM
macandal wrote:
Mr Sawyer,

I live in San Francisco and I'm interested in the MBA@UNC program. What is the GMAT score range for your last entering class? Thanks.

Hello Macanda,

Unfortunately we do not release our GMAT scores publicly but if you would like to send me a private message, I would more than happy to give you the proper information. If you want to reach our admissions team instead, you can reach them at 1.888.9UNC.MBA or email onlinemba@unc.edu.

Thank you for interest in the MBA@UNC program and I hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
Randall
Send PM
kotela wrote:
I have Two questions......

1.I want to know How is Kenan-Flagler unique from other business schools?

2.I have 2.5 Years Exp in a software industry and i have 86.5% in my 10th standard,88% in my high school and 81.1 in my under-graduation where do i stand in getting into Kenan-Flagler, and with my academics what is the required Gmat score to get into this business school?

Thanks in advance.........

Hello Kotela,

Thank you for reaching out as well as your interest in the program. Our online program, MBA@UNC is a fully online equivalent to our full-time top 20 MBA program. Our asynchronous classes also replicate the typical classroom experience with a full classroom and the Kenan-Flagler faculty. We have created a program that uses cutting-edge technology to help you get your MBA while maintaining your current lifestyle.

You have great credentials and if you would like more information or speak to us directly, my SR. Admissions Manager Allie Swanson is available to answer all of your additional questions and give you some more background on the program. You can reach him at 301-892-4101 or email allie_swanson@kenan-flagler.unc.edu.

Thank you again for your interest and I hope I was able to be of assistance to you. Hope you have a great weekend!

Best regards,
Randall Sawyer
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Mr Sawyer,
I am interested in the MBA@UNC program and would like to ask you a couple questions.

1: How much weight do you give post-graduate degrees? I have a JD from a top 20 law school but have been working at my own business for 5 years.

2: As I do own my own business who should I get Letters of Recommendation from? Old law school professors? Business peers? MBAs that can attest to my character?

Thank you for your response.
Send PM
ejgustaf wrote:
Mr Sawyer,
I am interested in the MBA@UNC program and would like to ask you a couple questions.

1: How much weight do you give post-graduate degrees? I have a JD from a top 20 law school but have been working at my own business for 5 years.

2: As I do own my own business who should I get Letters of Recommendation from? Old law school professors? Business peers? MBAs that can attest to my character?

Thank you for your response.

Hello Kotela,

1. We would love to see your post-grad work, however it is not required for admission.

2. We require 3 recommendations from professional sources.

If you have any further questions, please shoot me a private note on here or our admissions manager Allie Swanson is always available to discuss the program. Here is his contact info: allie_swanson@kenan-flagler.unc.edu or 301-892-4101.

Thank you for your interest in MBA@UNC and best of luck! Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Randall Sawyer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hello Randall,
Thanks for taking out time at this time of the year. We really appreciate your efforts put into this forum to answer our anxious questions.
My question:
How do you see the really old candidates in your program?
My case:
I am 31 and planning to apply for the 2013 batch. I have over 10 years of experience and currently work in the capacity of a senior project manager in a decent IT firm. Loads of International Experience and leadership opportunities. Now to move to the next level quickly, which in my case is that of a relationship director/ vertical lead I assume I would need an MBA.

I applied to Kenan Flagler in 2008 but was denied admission unfortunately. The feedback i recieved spoke specifically about my GMAT. Being 700, I think I could not make the cut among the other highly qualified applicants.

Now I am in my early thirties and in the top bracket of your 80% age median, if not above that :)

I just wanted to know if you look at the older applicants in any different way than a 26 year old fresher?

Thanks!
Send PM
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the program! You seem to have a very unique story and I have spoken with my Admissions Manager, Allie Swanson and he would love to talk to you privately to discuss you candidacy. You can contact him at: allie_swanson@kenan-flagler.unc.edu or 301-892-4101.

Thanks again for your interest in MBA@UNC and hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Best,
Randall

iamgame wrote:
Hello Randall,
Thanks for taking out time at this time of the year. We really appreciate your efforts put into this forum to answer our anxious questions.
My question:
How do you see the really old candidates in your program?
My case:
I am 31 and planning to apply for the 2013 batch. I have over 10 years of experience and currently work in the capacity of a senior project manager in a decent IT firm. Loads of International Experience and leadership opportunities. Now to move to the next level quickly, which in my case is that of a relationship director/ vertical lead I assume I would need an MBA.

I applied to Kenan Flagler in 2008 but was denied admission unfortunately. The feedback i recieved spoke specifically about my GMAT. Being 700, I think I could not make the cut among the other highly qualified applicants.

Now I am in my early thirties and in the top bracket of your 80% age median, if not above that :)

I just wanted to know if you look at the older applicants in any different way than a 26 year old fresher?

Thanks!
Send PM
Just wanted to wish you all in the U.S. a Happy Thanksgiving from our team at MBA@UNC!

- Randall
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hi,

i'm an international student. Although the primary language of instruction was not English in my undergraduate, I'm doing finance phd in a university whose primary language of instruction is fully english. I've completed my courses, and passed proficiency exam. Now I'm preparing a Phd thesis. Also I would like to apply UNC for MBA. Now I have two questions.

1- Am I eligible to waive the TOEFL etc. ?
2- Is "Doing Phd" disadvantage for applying MBA? How can I turn this situation to advantage?
Send PM
For those that are interested in learning more about our immersion weekends, here is some information about our upcoming weekend in San Francisco for our current students!

https://bit.ly/MBASanFran

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding our program or future immersion weekends in London, Sao Paolo, and Chapel Hill.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q26 V36
GPA: 2.89
WE:Real Estate (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi, will May 31 GMAT date be too late to apply for the Fall semester for the Online program?
Send PM
AlyxisPaige wrote:
Hi, will May 31 GMAT date be too late to apply for the Fall semester for the Online program?

No, July 30 is the last date to take the GMAT for the Oct start.

Good luck and please let us know if you have any additional questions! My email is harrison_kratz@kenan-flagler.unc.edu.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts