Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 01:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask University of British Columbia Sauder School Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask University of British Columbia Sauder School Admissions [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 13:02
Hi,

I have applied to the Master of Management in Operations Research program starting Fall 2014. Could you please share some employment statistics of the past students of this course. I couldn't find much information on the Sauder website.

Thanks!
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 324 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Ask University of British Columbia Sauder School Admissions [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 02:11
Hi UBC Admissions Team,

Believe that UBC MBA has a class size of 120. Could you verify as to what % of the class comes from India.

Thanks
AbhiJ

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 31

Re: Ask University of British Columbia Sauder School Admissions [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 21:51
Hello,

Can you please provide a profile evaluation.

Profile:
Country - India
Under Grad - Bachelor's in Engineering (Computer Science)
Additional Diploma - Sound Recording & Design for Film & TV.
Under Grad Score - First class
TOEFL - 102
GMAT - 1st attempt. 620 (abysmally low! :( ) ... 2nd attempt Scheduled to take on 19th Feb. (target 700+)
Work Exp - 3+ years. As a Software Developer for 1.5 yrs. And post that, about 1.5 + yrs as a Sound Designer/Engineer in TV & Film Industry.

I initially began preparing keeping 3rd round in mind, but unfortunately due to professional/personal commitments I couldn't re-schedule my GMAT.

I am really keen on beginning my MBA this year, so for an international student,who is seeking scholarships/funding/waivers (way too hopeful now. i guess :) ) would it it be wise to apply in the 4th round ? Even without the funding what are the chances of getting an admit? Considering the dearth of applications you'll receive from India am I being too ambitious in my 4th Round pursuit ?

I know all these questions are way too subjective, but please feel free to guide me in whichever way you'll deem fit.

Anybody?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ask University of British Columbia Sauder School Admissions [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 22:36
Hello

I am planning to apply for last round for UBC MBA Class 2016. I took Gmat last year, and got 550, but my Verbal score is 23(31%). I was wondering what are my chances to get accepted in the program. the following are my additional Info:

1- Civil Engineering graduate from UBC
2- Have 2 years of work experience in Iraq ( I am Iranian)
3- have traveled around the world (Does it even Help?)
4- Have a clear goal and good references

Please let me know if I do have any real chance or should I just take the gmat again and wait for next year?

CHEERS
Re: Ask University of British Columbia Sauder School Admissions   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2014, 22:36