Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I had my admissions interview at Stern about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard back. My interview ended up going quite poorly, which I am positive of, and I'm concerned that my poor interview will result in an admissions ding. Has anyone heard of anyone asking for or receiving a second interview? Any thoughts on whether this would be a good or bad step? Is it just too late to ask for this a month out? Thanks for the help.
that would be stupid to ask now....wait and see what happens.
Lets say they are waiting to admit you and then you send that request....it may be the end of you. Either way it shows immaturity, lack of self confidence, arrogance to think you get two interviews when everyone gets one (or none) and just plain poor judgement skills......not something you want to convey.
The only way your request will be taken seriously is if you are waitlisted and had you interview with a student. Then if you request to interview with an adcom they may take you up on it. _________________
It really depends on what you mean by the interview going poorly. If it's just a matter of you feeling that you didn't perform your best, then no, absolutely do not request another interview.
If however, the interview behaved in a way that was overly hostile, or in way that demonstrated some sort of inexperience, or in way that was inappropriate, then I think that's worth conveying to the admissions committee in a polite request for a second interview. However, if your concerns did fall into this category, you should have contacted admissions immediately. I think submitting a request like this now will raise a flag with admissions that maybe you are just worried about your admissions chances, instead of having a legitimate concern about how your interview was conducted. _________________
Concur with runnergirl. To ask for reinterview, there is an etiquette. First cause would be permitted if interviewer posed inappropriate questions. If so, you would have to put interview transcript/Qs in writing immediately after the interview, outline your concerns and asked politely for adcom interview on campus or phone.
now it is too late for any complaints and it would look like sour grapes. Good luck
why don't you just email the adcom you interviewed with and ask what's up since their website does say please allow up to 3 weeks to get a decision. i doubt anyone will let you re-interview at this point so it's best not to make a fool out of yourself, no offense.
Re: Asking for a Reinterview?
05 Apr 2011, 06:38