Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Asking for a Reinterview?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Should I ask for a reinterview?

• 22% [2]
  • 77% [7]
TAGS:
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 78611

CAT Tests
Asking for a Reinterview? [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 16:45
I had my admissions interview at Stern about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard back. My interview ended up going quite poorly, which I am positive of, and I'm concerned that my poor interview will result in an admissions ding. Has anyone heard of anyone asking for or receiving a second interview? Any thoughts on whether this would be a good or bad step? Is it just too late to ask for this a month out? Thanks for the help.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Schools: Wharton Class of 2013
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 63 [1] , given: 75

Re: Asking for a Reinterview? [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 17:57
This post received
KUDOS
i know how it feels to wait, but just wait it out, stern is really erratic, it took me 23 days to hear back..give it time and try your best to put it out of your mind
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 85 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Asking for a Reinterview? [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 17:21
that would be stupid to ask now....wait and see what happens.

Lets say they are waiting to admit you and then you send that request....it may be the end of you. Either way it shows immaturity, lack of self confidence, arrogance to think you get two interviews when everyone gets one (or none) and just plain poor judgement skills......not something you want to convey.

The only way your request will be taken seriously is if you are waitlisted and had you interview with a student. Then if you request to interview with an adcom they may take you up on it.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Stanford Thread Master
Schools: Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 68

Re: Asking for a Reinterview? [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2011, 17:36
It really depends on what you mean by the interview going poorly. If it's just a matter of you feeling that you didn't perform your best, then no, absolutely do not request another interview.

If however, the interview behaved in a way that was overly hostile, or in way that demonstrated some sort of inexperience, or in way that was inappropriate, then I think that's worth conveying to the admissions committee in a polite request for a second interview. However, if your concerns did fall into this category, you should have contacted admissions immediately. I think submitting a request like this now will raise a flag with admissions that maybe you are just worried about your admissions chances, instead of having a legitimate concern about how your interview was conducted.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Re: Asking for a Reinterview? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 05:22
Concur with runnergirl. To ask for reinterview, there is an etiquette. First cause would be permitted if interviewer posed inappropriate questions. If so, you would have to put interview transcript/Qs in writing immediately after the interview, outline your concerns and asked politely for adcom interview on campus or phone.

now it is too late for any complaints and it would look like sour grapes. Good luck
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson (IN!!), NYU Stern (IN!!), MIT (R1 Ding), Columbia (RD Ding)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Asking for a Reinterview? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2011, 05:38
why don't you just email the adcom you interviewed with and ask what's up since their website does say please allow up to 3 weeks to get a decision. i doubt anyone will let you re-interview at this point so it's best not to make a fool out of yourself, no offense.
Re: Asking for a Reinterview?   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2011, 05:38