Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 10:53

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Asking for Offer Extension - UK Schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Asking for Offer Extension - UK Schools [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2011, 18:58
First of all, I would like to thank everyone involved with the GMATClub community for helping me through the business school application process and being an invaluable source of information on the GMAT, schools, and career prospects. I did well on the GMAT, and I have to attribute my success to the excellent resources provided by this site. The GMATclub tests were my main source of practice for the real thing.

I am an applicant for several UK and continental European Master's of Finance programs and have a decision to make regarding acceptance to Cass. I am still waiting on decisions from all the other schools I applied to and have to notify and pay the Cass deposit by March 31 (about $3500). The offer is a conditional offer given that I receive a certain cumulative CPA (which I shouldn't have any trouble doing).

Has anyone ever asked for an extension on the decision? What details/reasons should I give in the letter?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Asking for Offer Extension - UK Schools [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2011, 14:11
Bump.

To keep it short... my questions are:

- Has anyone asked for an extension on their offer before?
- How long should I request the extension?
- What reasons should I give? Does it look bad to say you are waiting for other decisions?
Re: Asking for Offer Extension - UK Schools   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2011, 14:11