Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Assessing my chances due to low IR

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 16

Assessing my chances due to low IR [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 22:42
Hi,

I just gave my GMAT yesterday and scored a decent 730.

IR-3 - 23rd Percentile.
Q-49 - 81st Percentile.
V-40 - 90th Percentile.
Overall-730 - 96th Percentile.

Yes, exactly, the pain point is 3 in IR. Graphs and DI have never been a problem. In fact the low score was very surprising and annoying. I cannot recollect to have scored as low as 3 in any of the mocks that I gave.

Anyway, the main reason why I am posting this is because I want to know the impact of IR score on my application. I am planing to apply in 2016/2017 after a good 2-3 years of experience.
The schools that I am looking at are:
ISB, INSEAD, NUS, IE, IESE, Columbia, HAAS, Duke, NTU, Tepper, Booth, Darden, Tuck.

Just to fill in the experts with a brief description of my profile,
I have an okayish profile with a good number of extra curricular activities and leadership accolades, including an international exchange program. However, I have a poor gpa of 6.3/10 from my undergrad college. I'm currently working in EMC as an Associate consultant, working primarily on Big Data Analytics.

Thanks in advance :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Assessing my chances due to low IR [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 06:21
Expert's post
You should be fine. Schools are not yet using IR as an admissions evaluator and since it doesn't reflect in your overall score, which is used for rankings purposes and school average, etc. your score will only help you at your target schools. Your GPA shouldn't be a problem given your GMAT score (GPA is one of the more forgivable components--especially a converted GPA, which is even less accurate than US-based GPA). Finally, with big data being all the rage as of late, your timing should be good to get some attention from your targets assuming you craft a compelling application. Let us know if you need help doing that. I don't see any reason why you should't get an offer from one or more of your target schools based on what I see in your profile.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews