Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 07:59

STARTING SHORTLY:

Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of of

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 3470
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 649 [0], given: 781

Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of of [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2003, 22:24
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  5% (low)

Question Stats:

33% (01:42) correct 66% (00:51) wrong based on 6 sessions
Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of of mutual funds, <<with the intention>> to turn in good results in both тАЬbullтАЭ and тАЬbearтАЭ markets.
(A) with the intention
(B) the intention of which is
(C) intended
(D) and intending
(E) so intended

please explain

Thanks
praetorian
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2003
Posts: 142
Location: Hockeytown
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: SC 55 - 6 [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2003, 23:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
praetorian123 wrote:
Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of of mutual funds, <<with the intention>> to turn in good results in both тАЬbullтАЭ and тАЬbearтАЭ markets.
(A) with the intention
(B) the intention of which is
(C) intended
(D) and intending
(E) so intended

please explain

Thanks
praetorian


(A) "with the intention of" is the correct idiom, so eliminate.
(B) ok
(C) ok
(D) there are no separate thoughts in the clause that need to be joined by an "and", so eliminate.
(E) "so" only applies when you want to explain that something you've just said is aligned with something you said earlier. For example: "All hockey fans have a difficult life. So it is for JP, who eagerly awaits the start of the season." Long story short, eliminate.

Between B and C, take (C) because it is more concise and not unnecessarily verbose.
GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 771
Location: New York NY 10024
Schools: Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2003, 04:33
A lovely picture for this hockey fan....

What do you think about this one!

:)
_________________

Best,

AkamaiBrah
Former Senior Instructor, Manhattan GMAT and VeritasPrep
Vice President, Midtown NYC Investment Bank, Structured Finance IT
MFE, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, Class of 2005
MBA, Anderson School of Management, UCLA, Class of 1993

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2003
Posts: 147
Location: Kiev
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2003, 05:22
I chose (B), but (C) sounds better :?
_________________

Too much is not enough...

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2003
Posts: 142
Location: Hockeytown
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2003, 12:53
AkamaiBrah wrote:
A lovely picture for this hockey fan....

What do you think about this one!

:)


He kept putting the negotiations with us off so long, that no one ought to be surprised. Still, it is a major loss. I have been watching our 2002 Finals and Semifinals games recently to get excited for the season; he's amazing.

Oh well, January 3, 7:30 EST. Bring it on.
CEO
CEO
Joined: 15 Aug 2003
Posts: 3470
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 649 [0], given: 781

Re: SC 55 - 6 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2003, 13:37
JP wrote:
praetorian123 wrote:
Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of of mutual funds, <<with the intention>> to turn in good results in both тАЬbullтАЭ and тАЬbearтАЭ markets.
(A) with the intention
(B) the intention of which is
(C) intended
(D) and intending
(E) so intended

please explain

Thanks
praetorian


(A) "with the intention of" is the correct idiom, so eliminate.
(B) ok
(C) ok
(D) there are no separate thoughts in the clause that need to be joined by an "and", so eliminate.
(E) "so" only applies when you want to explain that something you've just said is aligned with something you said earlier. For example: "All hockey fans have a difficult life. So it is for JP, who eagerly awaits the start of the season." Long story short, eliminate.

Between B and C, take (C) because it is more concise and not unnecessarily verbose.



you are correct..thanks for that idiom

Official Answer is C
Re: SC 55 - 6   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2003, 13:37
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of vivek123 12 22 Nov 2005, 21:06
New posts 1 Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of younggun044 5 22 Sep 2007, 21:34
New posts Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of spriya 2 12 Oct 2008, 04:20
New posts Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of reply2spg 6 07 Feb 2009, 18:14
Popular new posts 2 Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of noboru 24 04 Aug 2009, 03:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Asset allocators create portfolios, often in the form of of

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.