Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 03:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

At a restaurant, a group of friends ordered four entrées and

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
8 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [8] , given: 36

At a restaurant, a group of friends ordered four entrées and [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 17:56
This post received
KUDOS
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

55% (medium)

Question Stats:

48% (02:30) correct 51% (01:56) wrong based on 78 sessions

Topic: Problems on which Algebra is not your friend. (by Ron Purewal - 10th Jan, 2013)

Question: At a restaurant, a group of friends ordered four entrées and three appetizers at a total cost of 89 dollars. The prices if the seven items, in dollars, were all different integers, and every entrée cost more than every appetizer. What was the price, in dollars, of the most expensive appetizer?

(1) The most expensive entrée cost 16 dollars.
(2) The least expensive appetizer cost 9 dollars.

Check out more of similar kind of questions, on which Algebra is not your friend, in this session (below).

Problems on which you need not to proceed with algebraic equations (by 'the' Ron Purewal)

Note: The content/knowledge was not produced by me; it was merely assimilated from Ron's sessions. ( Please visit http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm for more such lessons). I have just compiled various notes , for my convenience,from his videos. You could keep this doc for your revision once you attend the video session.

In this session, the 'Ron' showed how complex algebraic problems could be solve easily, even without touching algebra (algebraic equations).

Please find the compiled .docx note enclosed.

Thanks!
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Attachments

File comment: In this session (once again, please visit http://www.manhattangmat.com/thursdays-with-ron.cfm to check out this session), the 'Ron' showed how complex algebraic problems could be solve easily, even without touching algebra (algebraic equations).Here is the compiled .docx note.
Problems on which Algebra is not your friend (by Ron Purewal).docx [1.03 MiB]
Downloaded 320 times

To download please login or register as a user

Thanks and Regards!

P.S. +Kudos Please! in case you like my post. :)

Last edited by Bunuel on 11 Jan 2013, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
RENAMED THE TOPIC.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: At a restaurant, a group of friends ordered four entrées and [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 09:36
I have just started my prep... I need to enroll for MGMAT courses.. ..are these paid MGMAT classes.... ? Any feedback....
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 36

Re: At a restaurant, a group of friends ordered four entrées and [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 01:55
chiknichameleon wrote:
I have just started my prep... I need to enroll for MGMAT courses.. ..are these paid MGMAT classes.... ? Any feedback....

Yeap! they are good.

Visit, for more info, http://www.manhattangmat.com/gmat-prep-programs.cfm
And
for more feedback, manhattan-gmat-class-discount-everything-about-mgmat-84213.html

All the best!

Thanks and Regards!

P.S. +Kudos Please! in case you like my post. :)

Re: At a restaurant, a group of friends ordered four entrées and   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2013, 01:55