Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 343
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 102

At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 18:07
Attachment:
ir3.png
ir3.png [ 43.62 KiB | Viewed 920 times ]


1. At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized for a 1956 Bob Feller card in excellent condition was
A. $100 to $200
B. $100 to $150
C. $50 to $100
D. $30 to $100
E. $0 to $30

2. The price range realized in September for a near-mint-condition Mickey Mantle card was
A. $150 to $400
B. $400 to $600
C. $440 to $660
D. $480 to $720
E. $600 to $800

3. At the start of the season, which of the following cards had the greatest ratio of near-mint-condition range to
excellent condition range?
A. Willie Mays
B. Whitey Ford
C. Bob Feller
D. Duke Snider
E. Roy Campanella

4. What was the difference in price realized anytime during the 1991 season between the highest-priced excellent-condition Willie Mays card and the highest-priced near-mintcondition
Hank Aaron card?
A. $ 7.50
B. $10.00
C. $12.50
D. $30.00
E. $60.00

5. Which of the following can be inferred from the graphs above?

I. Any price realized during the 1991 season for a near-mint-condition Sandy Koufax card would be enough to purchase one each of fair-condition cards of Whitey Ford, Bob Feller, Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snider, Luis Aparicio, and
Roy Campanella.

II. The 1990 end-of-season price for a near-mint-condition Whitey Ford was less than its start-of-season
price.

III. The highest price realized during the 1991 season for an excellent condition Bob Feller is less than
the lowest price realized during the 1991 season for a near-mintcondition
Pee Wee Reese.

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II only
E. II and III only



[Reveal] Spoiler:
1-D , 2-D , 3-E , 4-A , 5-A

_________________

Asif vai.....


Last edited by fameatop on 23 Aug 2013, 06:52, edited 2 times in total.
Image not attached
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 343
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 102

Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2013, 09:38
Asifpirlo wrote:
Attachment:
ir3.png


1. At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized for a 1956 Bob Feller card in excellent condition was
A. $100 to $200
B. $100 to $150
C. $50 to $100
D. $30 to $100
E. $0 to $30

2. The price range realized in September for a near-mint-condition Mickey Mantle card was
A. $150 to $400
B. $400 to $600
C. $440 to $660
D. $480 to $720
E. $600 to $800

3. At the start of the season, which of the following cards had the greatest ratio of near-mint-condition range to
excellent condition range?
A. Willie Mays
B. Whitey Ford
C. Bob Feller
D. Duke Snider
E. Roy Campanella

4. What was the difference in price realized anytime during the 1991 season between the highest-priced excellent-condition Willie Mays card and the highest-priced near-mintcondition
Hank Aaron card?
A. $ 7.50
B. $10.00
C. $12.50
D. $30.00
E. $60.00

5. Which of the following can be inferred from the graphs above?

I. Any price realized during the 1991 season for a near-mint-condition Sandy Koufax card would be enough to purchase one each of fair-condition cards of Whitey Ford, Bob Feller, Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snider, Luis Aparicio, and
Roy Campanella.

II. The 1990 end-of-season price for a near-mint-condition Whitey Ford was less than its start-of-season
price.

III. The highest price realized during the 1991 season for an excellent condition Bob Feller is less than
the lowest price realized during the 1991 season for a near-mintcondition
Pee Wee Reese.

A. I only
B. II only
C. III only
D. I and II only
E. II and III only



[Reveal] Spoiler:
1-D , 2-D , 3-E , 4-A , 5-A



Thank you dear moderator FRAMETOP...
So kind of you
_________________

Asif vai.....

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2013
Posts: 54
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.86
WE: Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 3

Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 04:27
Can anyone explain why question #4 the OA is (A)?
_________________

Don't be afraid to fail, but be afraid not to try

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 232
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 670 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 40

Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 07:08
Juz2play wrote:
Can anyone explain why question #4 the OA is (A)?


I think there's a word missing from the question, it should have said either 'largest' or 'smallest' before difference. I spent about 5 minutes on that one before I realized there was something missing.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 232
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 670 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 40

Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 07:15
number 5 is sloppily worded;

I. You have data for the Koufax fluctuations, but the cards that it says you could buy with the value of his card do not have their fluctuations listed. We only have data for the start of the season on those lesser value cards, but the question states 'at any point during the season'. It's basically the same as III, you don't have data for pee-wee reese during the season so you can't infer anything. There should be a 'none' option on #5 lol
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Posts: 530
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Schools: HBS '16
GMAT Date: 11-30-2013
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 246

CAT Tests
Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 12:41
AccipiterQ wrote:
Juz2play wrote:
Can anyone explain why question #4 the OA is (A)?


I think there's a word missing from the question, it should have said either 'largest' or 'smallest' before difference. I spent about 5 minutes on that one before I realized there was something missing.



True in 5 minutes I am also puzzled couldn't solve it.
_________________

Like my post Send me a Kudos :) It is a Good manner.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 36
Location: India
Concentration: International Business, Healthcare
GMAT Date: 03-03-2014
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2013, 07:43
Can anyone please explain qno 5?
By POE I came till A and D but then not able to determine why stmt 2 is not correct...
_________________

Thanks
crazy4priya
GMATPrep 1 710/Q49/V38
GMATPrep 2 690/Q49/V34
Veritas Prep 700/Q50/V36/IR5
MGMT Test 1 700/Q51/V35/IR3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 06:53
I also got D on question 5.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that "II. The 1990 end-of-season price for a near-mint-condition Whitey Ford was less than its start-of-season
price." is true

Whitey Ford's value during the season is below the 100% start of season value.
Re: At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2014, 06:53
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic When will 2014 season start? roygush 16 17 May 2013, 02:59
OG Start Range bfman 0 05 Jun 2010, 16:24
Range of price.... milind1979 1 03 May 2009, 19:50
Price increased by M% from 1991 to 1992 and by N% from 1992 Hermione 3 02 Dec 2006, 07:20
Display posts from previous: Sort by

At the start of the 1991 season, the price range realized

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: Bunuel, WoundedTiger



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.