Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 02:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Attached - have fun

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 1157
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Attached - have fun [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 03:56
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Attached - have fun !

:)
Attachments

untitled.GIF
untitled.GIF [ 9.21 KiB | Viewed 510 times ]

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 1816
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 04:38
(A) too :)

If BQ = CR = DS = AP, then the shapes of the 4 pieces are the same. That implies PR and QS are composed of 1 long and 1 small "interior" sides.

And so, PR = QS.

The fact that we know the perimeter is useless...
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2006
Posts: 767
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 05:38
Fig wrote:
(A) too :)

If BQ = CR = DS = AP, then the shapes of the 4 pieces are the same. That implies PR and QS are composed of 1 long and 1 small "interior" sides.

And so, PR = QS.

The fact that we know the perimeter is useless...


Fig, can you pls. explain how you go from 'BQ = CR = DS = AP' to 'the shapes of the 4 pieces are the same'

If BQ = CR = DS = AP, then QC = RD = AS = PB, since it is a square. How do you proceed from here?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 81
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 06:00
Ans A
Since BQ = CR = SD = AP ;
As sides of a square are equal :
PB = AS = DR = QC
Again each angle i.e B , C , D , A must be 90(angles of a square)
hence their opp angles must be 90. So figures are actually rectangles with PR = QS
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 1816
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 06:03
1
This post received
KUDOS
GK_Gmat wrote:
Fig wrote:
(A) too :)

If BQ = CR = DS = AP, then the shapes of the 4 pieces are the same. That implies PR and QS are composed of 1 long and 1 small "interior" sides.

And so, PR = QS.

The fact that we know the perimeter is useless...


Fig, can you pls. explain how you go from 'BQ = CR = DS = AP' to 'the shapes of the 4 pieces are the same'

If BQ = CR = DS = AP, then QC = RD = AS = PB, since it is a square. How do you proceed from here?


Well, I can try :)

As BQ = CR = DS = AP, we know that QC = RD = SA = BP because we have a square with each side thus equal.

Then, at this point, we know that the triangles BQP, QCR, RDS and SAP are right similar triangles.

That implies that PQ=QR=RS=SP.

In addition, each angle of PQRS are rights by the following reasonning:
o angle(PQR) = 180 - angle(BQP) - angle(RQC)
= 180 - (90-angle(BPQ)) - angle(RQC) as BQP is a right triangle
= 90 + angle(BPQ) - angle(RQC)
= 90 + angle(BPQ) - angle(BPQ) as BPQ and RQC are similar triangles
= 90

We are thus now with PQRS definied by:
o 4 equal sides
o 4 right angles

It's the definition of a square and that means its diagonals PR and QS are equal.

Last edited by Fig on 26 Oct 2007, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 1816
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 06:04
abiswas wrote:
Ans A
Since BQ = CR = SD = AP ;
As sides of a square are equal :
PB = AS = DR = QC
Again each angle i.e B , C , D , A must be 90(angles of a square)
hence their opp angles must be 90. So figures are actually rectangles with PR = QS


Faster taped than I did ;)
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 1157
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 07:48
the OA is (A)

:)
  [#permalink] 26 Oct 2007, 07:48
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Let's have some fun with English! kissthegmat 7 07 Sep 2010, 07:34
See attached - have fun KillerSquirrel 2 17 Nov 2007, 08:13
This is MGMAT's challenge problem of the week. Have fun ! ywilfred 9 09 Jan 2006, 00:48
Since, we were all having so much fun with inequalities.. I cloaked_vessel 7 14 Apr 2005, 15:48
Attached. This time, I have attached a complete RC test of 3 crackgmat750 11 01 Oct 2004, 15:11
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Attached - have fun

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.