Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 21:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Attached. It is a scientific passage, and even after

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Attached. It is a scientific passage, and even after [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2004, 16:03
Attached. It is a scientific passage, and even after checking answers,iam not convinced with couple of them. Please tell the time taken for this RC
Attachments

RC.doc [216.5 KiB]
Downloaded 254 times

To download please login or register as a user

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2004, 21:13
I decided to do it under 12 minutes. However took 13.43 minutes to complete. I think I have still rushed on this one and I can be totally off on my answers..
My answers are
1. B
2. C
3. B
4. E
5. C
6. E
7. B (changed it from C)
8. D
9. E
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2004, 22:21
Thanks venksune for participating. I hope some other people also participate. Yes..this RC will take atleast 12 minutes I guess. I finished it in just under 12 minutes ..but not without my share of wrong answers.:(
Happy solving guys..I will post the answers tommorow.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2004, 08:05
I will wait for some more hours before I post the answers.
Common comrades!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2004, 20:39
It seems not many are interested in solving RC's in this forum. Well venksune, here are the answers.

1. B
2.C
3.A
4 E
5.C
6.D
7 C
8. E
9. E

I completed this RC in 12 minutes..and had 3 questions incorrect. 3rd ,6th and 9th.
As you can see venksune, we both had 3rd and 6th question incorrect..can you find any reasons for the correct answers for these questions? I , atleast, could not come up with plausible reaons to choose A for 3rd and D for 6th. For instance in 3rd question..no where in passage it mentions that some other species of firefly was also tested.
Similarly in 6th, i dont find any reason that why C is incorrect.
You did 9th correct..can you please try to explain me how you came up with E?
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2004, 21:28
9th E.

My thought was, if the female can emit a the pattern of a different female -it can be a interesting study for the future. Also, one may never know as to which species the female actually belong. The authors technically cannot have a baseline - in which case their initial observation of connecting them to a 'specific species type' itself would be wrong. This truly broadens the behaviorial plasticity theory.

6th question.
I actually contemplated C. I thought C is too specific and choose d which is the more generic version of C. Looks like the specific version C is right.

3rd question
I actually had a hard time understanding the question and spent most time on this question only. I knew my answer of C is terrible. But reading the question and the answer now, they look ok though naive.

7th question:
I still dont get it as to why Ichanged it to B. But I did it for some reason, that Iam unable torecall now.

this one was tough. I would have lost all confidence on this one on test day.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 679 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2004, 21:36
Guys

All this practice with SC /CR is good, but we do this under the assumption that we will eventually come across the hardest SC's or CR's.. but if you dont do well in the 10-15 questions, you will not even come close to seeing the most difficult questions in CR/SC..... if you are not keeping a balance in your prep, its not going to help you score high in verbal. Performance on RC and CR will make the difference between a 40+ Verbal and a 30-35V.

Praetorian
  [#permalink] 25 Sep 2004, 21:36