Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Attended the SP jain GMBA interview

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Attended the SP jain GMBA interview [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2011, 10:07
Hi,

i just attended the SP Jain Global MBA program's interview in mumbai.
I found it rather odd to be writing answers to a case study and then 2 essays of 100 words each but then i thought that may be how a lot of interviews elsewhere are conducted.
The first case study was for 40 mins and each of the next 2 essays for 10 mins each.

After the writing session we had a panel interview with 2 members on the panel. I found it rather surprising that after questions like why MBA and why Now, why did i write this n that in the case study, what is my profile, is your profile not good enuf, etc they suddenly changed track and asked me about lokpal, the way it was achieved, whether decriminalizing prostitution wud prove to be good for our indian society, and the recent american arm twisting of the swiss government on US money laundering to swiss banks.

Then i had a session with Mr. Jain. it was a pretty cool interview. he asked me what was my profile, wht did i do, supervisory experience, why MBA, some questions on the answers that i gave.

Now they said i'll get to know of it in 3 days time...

What do you guys make out of this interview...do think MBA from SP jain dubai/singapore is a good program...

I dont know if i'll make it but if i do, then i will have to defer it till May due to monetary constraints. Can anyone help me out wid this. I have monetary contraints and an MBA in USA is way out of reach for me and UK is expensive as well as risky. so i'm just left with a handfull of options.

I'll appreciate if someone could guide me on this.

College profile:
1 year MBA in IT
6 months in dubai/ 6 months in singapore
avg salary offered 10 L p.a
68th in FT ranking
Degree offered: new south wales university

My profile:
GMAT : 670(V 38, Q 44)
Work ex : 6 yrs in IT
Currently : Team leader with an American IT MNC
No great extra curriculars
GPA: 3.4
1.5 years international experience
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Attended the SP jain GMBA interview [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 00:54
The S P Jain School of Global Management has certainly grown very well since the time this post was written. The school has 3 campuses in Dubai/Singapore/Sydney allowing participants great exposure to business fundamentals , local business cultures and quality education. The school invites professors who teach at some of the finest business schools around the world thereby increasing the program value. Their USP is the ALP and ARP projects which allow participants to network and forge strong connections in each geography. The placement record for SPJ is decent enough. Check out their website for recent data.

Tejas Phatak
Founder- KairosEducates

KairosEducates
+91 88888 21820

Re: Attended the SP jain GMBA interview   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2014, 00:54