I have an admit from an Asian university and I have to deposit the initial amount in 3 weeks time. I am also waiting for results from other universities that may take 4-5 weeks. I want to request the Asian university to extend my deadline. Can you suggest any reason that I could work?
I will be getting scholarship results in 6-7 weeks time. Will such a request make any impact on my scholarship results?
If I get 2-3 weeks extension, it can help me a lot. I also understand that university won't want to delay the deadlines as they want candidates to secure the seats.
While I obviously don't know the policy of this particular university, it is not unusual for applicants to request a couple of additional weeks before having to deposit to consider financial aid options or to hear back from more schools. Many school will grant the request especially when it is early in the season.
I don't know if the request will have any impact on your financial aid application. If they evaluate your application after you deposit, I don't believe your earlier request will have any impact. If they postpone consideration of your application because you have not yet deposited, the delay may hurt your chances. However, this is conjecture on my part.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog