Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 07:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Aussy to Spain - Need $$$$ HELPP!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Aussy to Spain - Need $$$$ HELPP!!!! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2014, 20:58
Guys...I am F#cked! I am so f@cked that I am coming to you guys for help!

I'm Aussy and got accepted into a Spanish business school...in Madrid :lol:

I need to come up with 60,000 Euro and have no idea where to start.

1. As an Australian, what options are available for me to fund my MBA?
2. What options are available to me as a student of a Spanish institution?

The school does have partnerships with banks to subsidize loans. The max amount is only 30,000 Euro, and that's IF I get approved. I'm looking into scholarships and fellowships with the school, but I don't like my chances...

Oh man! I spent all of last year working my ass off for this, and now that I got an admit another obstacle is in the way! You just can't rest in this world aye!!!!!

Anyone have any advice or can point me in the right direction? I love you all!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9415 [0], given: 3699

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Aussy to Spain - Need $$$$ HELPP!!!! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2014, 22:17
Expert's post
Congrats on getting an admit. So... yes, it is a bit convoluted with getting loans for foreign schools
Your best best is to start in Australia actually where your credit is based and work from there. You will not be the first Aussie to borrow for a foreign school and if it is a well known Spanish school you should be able to get it (it won't be straightforward - prepare to explain a lot about the school). I have had an American friend who has gone to school Melbourne actually (MBS) and his student loans were from the US.

I am also not fully buying that the school would not have more developed financing options since most Spanish schools get quite a few foreigners (but then again, they just have had some major budget issues so possibly). If you have not called them and mentioned that your financing options have fallen through and you are starting your search from scratch, they may be able to help more so than if you are vaguely inquiring about general options. They are interested in getting you enrolled since it won't look good for them either having you not go - your priorities and interests are aligned.

Third suggestion: Upstart upstart-fund-your-present-in-exchange-for-future-income-162345.html

Fourth suggestion: private financing options such as SoFi - perhaps an equivalent org exists in Europe?

Other options:
Credit cards? Marrying a rich old woman/man? Saving like crazy?

Good Luck!!!
Please report back if you find/don't find a solution.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 448 [1] , given: 454

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Aussy to Spain - Need $$$$ HELPP!!!! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 00:19
This post received
KUDOS
My 2 cents -
There's no need to reinvent the wheel. I'm sure there would be other Aussies (or foreign nationals) in that school already.
a.) Talk to school about where to start and what options you have. Like bb, I'm not quite buying the fact that school doesnt have more developed options for financing.
b.) Connect with students in the school, with other admits and with recent alums. Those guys, in all probability, would have thoroughly explored their options. Take those as a starting point.

Good luck.
Re: Aussy to Spain - Need $$$$ HELPP!!!!   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2014, 00:19