Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Dec 2014, 07:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Average Part Time MBA Company Tuition Payment Policies??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Average Part Time MBA Company Tuition Payment Policies?? [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2009, 14:25
Sorry if this is the wrong area for this topic..

I am currently out of work in NYC. I have always wanted to further my education with an MBA. Given that I am still single, and probably have more time than the future, this might be the best opportunity to get it over with. I missed the FT deadlines for my top choices Columbia/Stern.

So I was thinking a PT at Stern my be my best option at this point, so I could start this fall and not waste a potential year. I assume I would either be employed and going at night, or worst case if I can't get another job, I could be a full time PT student, until jobs come back.

My question pertains to what are the average firm policies are in regards to MBA PT tuition payment. Do you normally have to be there longer than a year, etc.?

I need to have an idea, so I can forecast a scenario where I might have to pay for the first year, or more, out of pocket....

Thanks in advance for your input...
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Average Part Time MBA Company Tuition Payment Policies?? [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2009, 15:20
This depends on entirely on company policy and the policy varies....

There's no firm set of rules that companies go by.

Here are some of the popular policies:

1) Employee must have worked for the firm at least for certain period of time.

2) Tuition reimbursement or repayment program isn't open to all employees. It has to be approved by a senior executive within the company. (Kinda like sponsorship)

3) Some companies pay in full or partially. But they might have minimum grade requirement in a course. For example, a company might require their employees to submit a copy of report card with B or better for reimbursement or partial reimbursement.

Of course there are other companies with more lenient policies. But because the times are tough, many companies are reducing employee benefits.
Re: Average Part Time MBA Company Tuition Payment Policies??   [#permalink] 08 Mar 2009, 15:20