Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 04:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

(AWA) Analytical Writing Assessment Section???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 53

(AWA) Analytical Writing Assessment Section??? [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 09:55
Hi everyone,

In accordance to mba dot com there is a AWA section which consists of writing critically over a question. This means some kinda of essay. Additionally, mba dot com says that we can pay an extra $45 dollars in case we want out essay to be re-checked:
Quote:
AWA Rescoring Service

Independent readers will rescore your essays for a fee of US$45. The multiple-choice Quantitative and Verbal sections of the test cannot be rescored.

Requests for rescoring must be made within six (6) months of your test date. A request received after six (6) months will not be honored.

My question is in regard to some other forum post in gmatclub that some users take their test and inmediatly after finishing get their answers. how is this possible if someone has to read and score your AWA section?? Or did I misunderstood something?

My other question is how can gmat preparation test can help me if no one is gonna check my essay, in case there are essay prepartion test...

thnks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 21

Re: (AWA) Analytical Writing Assessment Section??? [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 11:13
This post received
KUDOS
cuervotaylor wrote:
My question is in regard to some other forum post in gmatclub that some users take their test and inmediatly after finishing get their answers. how is this possible if someone has to read and score your AWA section?? Or did I misunderstood something?

My other question is how can gmat preparation test can help me if no one is gonna check my essay, in case there are essay prepartion test...

thnks

1. You will not get AWA score immediately after GMAT exam. You will get only Quant-Verbal score and a total score in the range from 200 to 800.AWA score will arrive usually within 1 week but official information says that AWA score will be given within 20 days.

2.GMAT prep will give a fixed set of AWA argument and issue everytime you take the exam. It will not change and it will not rate the essay. IF you want essay to be rated, you have to purchase a seperate service and you can find it here http://www.mba.com/store/product-info.aspx?ProductID=17

This service is not rated highly by GMAT rest takers. You can find some comments in GMATClub regarding GMAT write.

AWA is not the main thing in GMAT. Your score out of 800 is the real deal. You can easily score above 4.5 in AWA if you refer to chineese Burned AWA guide. I just tried 4 arguments and issues before my test with this guide and was able to score 5.5 !!.. (I am a non native speaker)

how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

http://gmatclub.com/forum/finally-gmat-is-over-730-49q-41v-130632.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 53

Re: (AWA) Analytical Writing Assessment Section??? [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 11:21
Many thanks for the info, +1 kudo for you :D
Re: (AWA) Analytical Writing Assessment Section???   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2012, 11:21